The Annual E3 Sony press conference thread, 2015 edition

Sony 2013 imho was more about the mistakes of the competition, I watched the conference and found it boring that year.

Agreed.
2013's Sony conference had really emotional standing ovations because they sit back and simply said "Look at all the crap Microsoft's doing and we're not!".

There was a good amount of sequels and fresh IPs, but this year's Sony show was all about the long-awaited fan-service. It was really cool because of that.
Long-awaited The Last Guardian, long-awaited FF7 remake, long-awaited Shenmue 3.
Given some 10 minutes more, I think they'd announce Half Life 3.

What's the recap? Seems little major was shown. Media Molecule's Dreams is tantalising. Nothing on Wild or the other exclusives shown in previous years? Nothing big about VR?

What's the recap? Seems little major was shown. Media Molecule's Dreams is tantalising. Nothing on Wild or the other exclusives shown in previous years? Nothing big about VR?

Wild will be at the Paris Game Week. I am french and I heard the development goes smoothly for this game.

Did someone mention they released DLNA (MKV) compatibility, as well? The conference absolutely floored most people. It was like a dream list for a lot of people, over the years.

Did someone mention they released DLNA (MKV) compatibility, as well? The conference absolutely floored most people. It was like a dream list for a lot of people, over the years.
DLNA and playing media content through USB. I wrote it in the news section since I don't know if it was a part of E3 or not.

I think it's now rather clear why they said they needed another conference. The addition of Assassin's creed, Arkham, Star Wars and CoD left them very short of time. (there wasn't even a tedious speech about 'we sold X units in the playtation family', and I think Vita was mentioned once in the entire show).
[it's somewhat interesting that Sony have signed marketing deals with *both* of the major cross-platform shooters this year]

In terms of morpheus, that seems to be the focus of their booths (it's supposedly taking up half their floor space).

So in the end...

TLG - looking a bit dated. If it weren't for the pretty feathers, this could be a PS2 game. Hey I can hyperbole too! EDIT: Actually I've just watched the Gamersyde video and ok, maybe not bad. But ain't nobody got time for such low environment geometry in this day and age. PS3 roots showing a fair bit.

Uncharted 4 - hugely impressive, thank God!

Snorepheus
- still not much to show, evidently.

FF7 - they probably decided to remake it 5 min ago and will come out in 3 years.

Horizon - gorgeous. And it feels even better if this means Killzone has been killzoned. About bloody time too, just look what this team is capable of doing! Amazing.

Firewatch - loved the dialogue.

All the rest wasn't for my tastes.

But now I hear about the media player on PS4... Now that is cool. How will it work?

Last edited:
Heck, I'm in the US and the Sony time is pushing sort of late for my tastes, especially if they might start a bit late due to technical difficulties or run longer than expected, both of which has happened in previous E3 conferences.

About to start watching the Sony conference but thought I'd make a quick note for this. The time slot chosen was likely so that people in Japan could watch the show at a decent time of day (1 pm).

Now off to watch the show and then read up on the other 10 pages of this thread. :p

Regards,
SB

The way I did it, I watched the presentation but skipped some of the trailers as you can get much better quality from the versions that are now on gamersyde (especially Horizon, TLG and UC4). Fast forward those and just watch the spoken parts. Mucho tempo saved.

backers
$2,038,721
pledged of $2,000,000 goal
days to go

Just broke the goal a few minutes a go.

I counted about... 8 hours or so?

I never played Shenmue...and I really don't know if I should care or not about this IP?!?

Doesn't look special imo? What is all the buzz about?

I am still amazed by the graphics of MM's Dreams. They looked unreal.

Where was Tomorrow Children??

Sony wasted so much time on multiplats that they didn't show their exclusives!

And what the heck Sony Cambridge! The few seconds if this game looked so underwhelming...is this the real way Morpheus games looks? Then: thank you, but no!

And what the heck Sony Cambridge! The few seconds if this game looked so underwhelming...is this the real way Morpheus games looks? Then: thank you, but no!
Looks like they didn't have time to show it, cause there's a new TC trailer out.

https://twitter.com/mmalex/status/610689056645758976

Dreams graphics are 100% compute rendering no rasterization and distance field based software renderer.

Ok, I re-watched Rigs from Sony Cambridge. Looks ok!

Back