Star Wars Battlefront [PS4, XO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
Whats with all the hip fire ? Is that some Star Wars thing "Troopers shall not look closely at their target ! The force will guide th ebullets ! " :-/

Is it just me, or were the graphics shown off at the PS E3 conference (the Survival mission) noticeable better than the 'Walker Assault' footage I posted earlier (which is labelled as running on PS4)

I didn't even know there was another trailer but now that I've found it I think I agree. As incredibly impressed as I was with the Hoth video, the Survival one impressed me even more. Literally unbelievable graphics from this game!

It's not you. This was PC footage while the Both battle was PS4. Using Both to showcase the console version is a smart PR choice given that mostly everything on the screen is white thus hiding plenty of Aliasing.

I'm pretty sure the video above was on PS4 too. It was shown at the Sony conference and more importantly it has PS4 button prompts on screen ;). I think we've yet to see how much more incredible the PC version can look!

I didn't even know there was another trailer but now that I've found it I think I agree. As incredibly impressed as I was with the Hoth video, the Survival one impressed me even more. Literally unbelievable graphics from this game!

I'm pretty sure the video above was on PS4 too. It was shown at the Sony conference and more importantly it has PS4 button prompts on screen ;). I think we've yet to see how much more incredible the PC version can look!

I think this video is PC and the Hoth Battle is PS4

I think this video is PC and the Hoth Battle is PS4

But then how would you explain the PS4 triangle button prompt in the bottom right? I guess the game could natively support the DS4 or it could be faked, but both seem less plausible than it simply being shown on the PS4 given that this was the PS4 conference. I think the difference is perceived quality is just a factor of the environment. I bet the jungle environments look even better from what I've seen of the screenshots and very brief snippets,

But then how would you explain the PS4 triangle button prompt in the bottom right? I guess the game could natively support the DS4 or it could be faked, but both seem less plausible than it simply being shown on the PS4 given that this was the PS4 conference. I think the difference is perceived quality is just a factor of the environment. I bet the jungle environments look even better from what I've seen of the screenshots and very brief snippets,

The DS4 is working on Windows on PC. It will not be the first PC footage to be shown on a console conference. And I am a PS4 only owner. No troll. I have a PC notebook without a good GPU.

I think the visual on the PC video would have been not so far at 30 fps on PS4. Not so impressive but not far. The developer choose gameplay and framerate for Battlefield and Star War Battlefront.

But then how would you explain the PS4 triangle button prompt in the bottom right?

Well, we've seen this kind of thing before, I remember some Witcher 3 gameplay vids had Xbox 360 button prompts but were actually running on PC.

That being said, I think the aliasing on the power lines in the Survival video could indicate its PS4 footage.

The DS4 is working on Windows on PC. It will not be the first PC footage to be shown on a console conference.

It's supported but you very rarely (I'm only aware of one game) get PS4 button prompts.

Well, we've seen this kind of thing before, I remember some Witcher 3 gameplay vids had Xbox 360 button prompts but were actually running on PC.

Xbox 360 button prompts are standard on almost all PC games these days so I wouldn't say that's particularly deceptive (unless of course they actually said it was running on the XBO).

Why Vader & Luke ?
I understand the marketing appeal, but can we leave the characters from the movies out, except maybe for a few radio messages ?
That's just plain dumb in my book.

snow is very reflective and white everywhere, tatoine showed better rock details and looked more impressive, but i'm sure both were running on PS4. Looked really impressive for a "60fps" game.

Hmmm. Not really liking the jetpacks and personal forcefields and general nonsense. There was none of that used by the rebels (or Empire) in Episodes 4-6.

snow is very reflective and white everywhere, tatoine showed better rock details and looked more impressive, but i'm sure both were running on PS4. Looked really impressive for a "60fps" game.

Maybe It is on PS4 too I am not sure. We will not wait too long to be sure of this.

keep in mind that it might still be 900P so it may definitely be achievable, maybe with framerate fluctuations like in BF4, but IQ looks improved, better AA maybe ?

PS4 gameplay footage:

I'm a bit disappointed by the amount of auto-aim for shooting and no dismemberment for lightsaber combat...bah

That was maybe one of the most realistic non-native thing running on console I have seen (they say all gameplay footage is running on a PS4 at the beginning of the video and the game is not running at a native 1080p so...).

No overblown motion blur, bloom, chromatic aberration or constant blur around the view when you are hurt (or not), this game is really the antithesis of Destiny in which you constantly are reminded that you are playing a video-game.

Here Instead of seeing the world of Star Wars behind 20th century cameras, here they want you to be inside the Star Wars world. That's really a new and interesting approach to gaming!

Last edited:
Hmmm. Not really liking the jetpacks and personal forcefields and general nonsense. There was none of that used by the rebels (or Empire) in Episodes 4-6.

They were in Battlefront 2 and pretty much all the Star Wars games and other Expanded Universe I've seen until now, where applicable, even KOTOR (which occurs 3000 years BBY, or before episode IV).
There are a ton of things that Lucas envisioned for the universe in episodes 4-6 but never made into the movies for the obvious budget and technological constraints.

In BF2 they were limited to some classes. And just the jetpacks. Personal shields only happened with Droidekas. IMO personal shields is something of a violation of the spirit of SW. The rebel fights were low key, guys with guns, not high tech gadget fests. This recreation is a contemporary shooter game with a SW skin. It's not even as epic as BF2. Hoth in BF2 is a vast expanse (not even the size of the actual Hoth battle), and with sizeable armies on PC. This is more a skirmish.

It'll probably play fine, but I still feel it'd be better without the BF name. BF should be reserved for big battlefields.

Yep, me too. The gameplay scenes, like the MP gameplay on Hoth, are also running at ~900p (But the letter-boxed cutscenes seem to run natively though, thanks to the black bars I suppose). Anyway when you show PC footage you use at least a native res...

Game looks so amazing, I can't wait to play it.

But now my brain starts to think about all the possible bugs DICE will include on purpose (the bugs in BF games are so extreme that someone at DICE really has to do them on purpose...so-called videogame-terrorism imo, aka the newest threat!)

That HUD on top of photo-realistic realistic is HORRIBLE, completely ruins the presentation.
Whoever designed the HUD needs to be fired and really DICE should use Scaleform.

Horrible animations as well, especially in third person.
Batsabers are horrible as well.

Last edited:
I don't mind 900 if the AA solution is good.
Games like Ryse look gorgeous at 900P because of the clean IQ.

Haven't played Ryse yet, but every 900P game I have has a very telling softness that is very annoying. For 60fps it is acceptable, but not 30.

Back