Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

ultragpu

Banned
God damn the game of the show for me! I literally drew man tears for a video game for the first time in my life upon witnessing the sheer beauty and soul touching music of this game. GG really out done themselves this time, it's possibly the best looking open world game or the best looking game I've seen ever, jaws were dropped like a 300 megaton nuke enough said.

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America

• Developer: Guerrilla Games
  • Platform: PlayStation®4 (PS4™)
  • Genre: Open World Action RPG
  • Launch Date: TBD 2016
OVERVIEW:

Horizon Zero Dawn is an exhilarating new action role playing game exclusively for the PlayStation 4 system, developed by the award winning Guerrilla Games, creators of PlayStation’s venerated Killzone franchise. As Horizon Zero Dawn’s main protagonist Aloy, a skilled hunter, explore a vibrant and lush world inhabited by mysterious mechanized creatures. Embark on a compelling, emotional journey and unravel mysteries of tribal societies, ancient artifacts and advanced technologies that will determine the fate of this planet, and of life itself.

KEY FEATURES

• A Lush Post-Apocalyptic World – How have machines come to dominate this world, and what is their purpose? What happened to the civilization here before? Scour every corner of a realm filled with ancient relics and mysterious buildings in order to uncover your past and unearth the many secrets of a forgotten land.
  • Nature and Machines Collide – Horizon Zero Dawn juxtaposes two contrasting elements, taking a vibrant world rich with beautiful nature and filling it with awe-inspiring highly advanced technology. This marriage creates a dynamic combination for both exploration and gameplay.
  • Defy Overwhelming Odds – The foundation of combat in Horizon Zero Dawn is built upon the speed and cunning of Aloy versus the raw strength and size of the machines. In order to overcome a much larger and technologically superior enemy, Aloy must use every ounce of her knowledge, intelligence, and agility to survive each encounter.
  • Cutting Edge Open World Tech: Stunningly detailed forests, imposing mountains, and atmospheric ruins of a bygone civilization meld together in a landscape that is alive with changing weather and a day/night cycle.

Does it have RPG stuff? I mean can I different styles of combat? U know what I mean.

Also, it real open world, with side missions and all. Definitely looks good , am downloading the gamersyde footage as the stream was very choppy for me when this was showing .

Anybody else noticed that the weapon wheel is a conspicuously similar to the one from the newest Doom?

djaIggV.jpg

Su7N345.jpg

Same layout, same position in the screen and time slows down in both games when you activate it.

I'm betting somebody at Guerilla saw the closed-door Quakecon's Doom presentation :LOL:

Anybody else noticed that the weapon wheel is a conspicuously similar to the one from the newest Doom?
Same layout, same position in the screen and time slows down in both games when you activate it.

I'm betting somebody at Guerilla saw the closed-door Quakecon's Doom presentation :LOL:
Or Ratchet. Position could be left or right.

wooh ! Hope this game has lotsa abiilities for combat ! This gameplay, if done wel, can be so cool, you know we are fighting Robo-dinos ! But it can also turn into a mumjo-jumbo-laden-has-been if not done right. Still havent seen the demo yet. fingers crossed

It looks absolutely stunning - the most beautiful game yet to my eyes.

I would question the gameplay though, Shadowfall wasn't exactly a masterclass in game design.

Really love the dinobots design in this game, it's just like how I would imagine a futuristic mechanical dinosaur would look. The game world looks breath taking, can't wait to see more of it!

It looks absolutely stunning - the most beautiful game yet to my eyes.

I would question the gameplay though, Shadowfall wasn't exactly a masterclass in game design.

SF probably suffered quite a bit due to the rush to the console's launch I assume. For a day1 release it was a remarkably content-rich, not to mention varied package. How many fps games have 10+ hour campaigns taking place in just as many different locations now these days? They probably bit off more than they could chew. I still quite enjoyed it, though. Weapons felt great, the Owl was a nice touch, and the game wasn't afraid to show its teeth either. In general I didn't think it reeked with that typical AAA corporate stench. It was certainly a little too preachy in its messaging, but at least it tried to say something.

Game of the show for me (along with U4 of course). The world, atmosphere, graphics, animations, being open world. It has it all, the complete package. I would like it to be full RPG with dialogue options, gear hunting and such, but I think it will be more like an story driven action RPG.

Really curious to what the game will be about. Got a bit of a Monster Hunter vibe from it, but without most of the crafting I guess. Glad they are doing something different, even if open world is almost too big of a trend these days. ;)

Back