Forza Motorsport 6 [XO]

How about 3d crowd this time lol? Lighting still looks the same from the promo bullshots tho, weather should be interesting to see.

How about 3d crowd this time lol? Lighting still looks the same from the promo bullshots tho, weather should be interesting to see.
Same here, the weather worries me. I wouldn't get another Forza without weather effects, but Forza has always had an uncompromised 60 fps framerate. I think there are no series in the market with such a solid framerate over four iterations, and its solidness and stability put Forza ahead of everything else competition wise, imho, as a high quality franchise. You knew it would never fail, and if you look at Forza 4 compared to the previous ones, it also managed to improve all the time.

New EG article:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ng-the-features-the-fans-have-been-asking-for

As long as rain is just more than a decrease in traction I am all for it. Graphical tweaks mean nothing for when you are racing.

New commemorative controllers to celebrate historic victories of Ford GT at Le Mans.

http://news.xbox.com/2015/06/games-...celebrate-fords-historic-victories-at-le-mans

lemans%20hero.jpg

“1965”Bob Bondurant and Dan Gurney became the first ever Americans to win at Le Mans in the GT class, finishing fourth overall, driving the brand-new Shelby Daytona Coupe powered by the Ford 289 cu 4.7L V8.
le%20mans%201965.png

“1966”The legendary Ford GT40 became the first car built by an American manufacturer to win at Le Mans, placing first, second and third overall. The black and gold #2 Ford GT piloted by Bruce McLaren and Chris Amon finished just 8 meters ahead of the second-place car in the closest finish in Le Mans history.
le%20mans%201966.png

“1967”Ford defended its Le Mans title in 1967 in the “race of the century.” A record 300,000 spectators witnessed drivers Dan Gurney and AJ Foyt break thru the 5,000 km mark for the first time.

le%20mans%201967.png

This should be a considerable improvement over FM5. Blow my mind away T10!

I hope so, FM5 was kind of rushed, light on content and not all that "next gen". They should release Forza games less often and let T10 grow the franchise on their own schedule instead of making it a 2-year cycle.

I hope so, FM5 was kind of rushed, light on content and not all that "next gen". They should release Forza games less often and let T10 grow the franchise on their own schedule instead of making it a 2-year cycle.
Indeed. They should be on a 3 year cycle or something. I don't want to suffer from Forza exhaustion and I'd rather have only 1 more forza title before this generation ends for XBO.
Graphically, T10 suffered mainly because Xbox was not ready at launch. The SDK was running core DX11 with some esram calls. Now they should be running low level API plus async compute and all features running. Better tools and better visibility into what's happening with esram.
I doubt they had much time to create content with all the troubles they were having from a technical perspective.
Limited time with the final hardware etc (March 2013 finalized kits went out, delivery in Oct 20, certification takes at least 14 days...) list goes on.
Launch is never easy, for anyone, so I do expect for them to really turn it up this time as their second attempt. I don't want to make this post sound like I am making excuses for T10 - f5 was great for what it was. I still enjoy it. But if I am to buy f6 it should be a huge improvement over 5.

Well, 24 cars.
:) fixed. You are a book of English grammar.
You are right about that, I think. Still Turn10 is one of the best 1st party studios Microsoft do have.

I mean, their games re the most solid, the never "fail". Even Forza 5 while rushed - @iroboto defined it well -, was technically impeccable like its predecessors in some regards.

Forza is a series that makes me feel like they launch the games so quickly between iterations and sometimes you feel like it could evolve more, but I always go bac kto them because they usually do a great job, and I've had every game of the series.

When it comes to its sibling though, Forza Horizon, I'd rather change it for another Project Gotham Racing game. Very few games capture the arcade feeling like that one.

I think that's a given that doesn't even need to be rumored ...

I think that's a given that doesn't even need to be rumored ...
Question is how impressive/unimpressive they might be. But knowing Turn 10 I think the game will never drop below 60 fps, which is rather impressive in itself, because it means that the game could be running internally at 80 fps in some points, or 100 fps, or 70 fps, but it never goes below that.

sold. They spent little to no time on this game, but it looks incredible. What an improvement over 5.

‘Our new physics engine puts us on the cutting edge of rendering – as you’ll see from Forzavista – but also allows us to simulate hundreds of different types of tyre compound for different cars. Not just width, but the way the tyres heat up, and cool down, and even get flat spots. We can simulate all the different suspension architectures, the electronics and driver aids, and even the inertia of the drivelines.’

Sounds very impressive
http://www.evo.co.uk/features/16150/forza-motorsport-6-exclusive-interview-with-dan-greenawalt

Back