XBox One Backwards Compatibility and Xbox One X Enhancements for X360 and OG (XO XOX BC)

Seriously impressed.

When MS said they were looking into BC a while ago it was dismissed as "deception and appeasement". But they've actually pulled it off.

Hopefully they port their virtual 360 to the PC, too ....

just wait, it is just preview for now
CHjkwTzUkAAWiuT.png
I am on the preview. I wonder how games will perform.

Especially games like one I like a lot, Bioshock Infinite. You can unlock the framerate in that game. The game should literally fly on the Xbox One when you unlock the framerate! :)

I am on the preview. I wonder how games will perform.

Especially games like one I like a lot, Bioshock Infinite. You can unlock the framerate in that game. The game should literally fly on the Xbox One when you unlock the framerate! :)

Like the way games like Fable flew on the 360 BC? You are assuming there are no bottlenecks in the solution.

If this would be as easy as the PR makes it all MS published games would already be available. There are major hoops involved like with 360 BC

Hopefully they didnt overpromise and dont face a backslash when the great game x wont be seen

Well just installed Mass Effect. It runs well, but didn't play that much to be in a fight. But it could run more fluent...

Like the way games like Fable flew on the 360 BC? You are assuming there are no bottlenecks in the solution.
Fable framerate could be unlocked? I had that game on the X360 BC emulator -never liked it, perhaps it was in a small windows and got used to the X360 by then.

I also tried my Doom 3 disc back in the day and it worked. I don't think the clock timings are exactly the same as the real thing so there could be heavy spikes in the framerate..

It would be a good idea if the X360 emulator of the original Xbox was included too. I don't have any Xbox discs around anymore, nor my first console, the Xbox Crystal. But I should own from my DL history Ninja Gaiden and the original Forza -it looked horrible in the emu, on HD TVs, the 480p upscaled resolution made the game look like it actually looked when it was launched, but CRTs those days hid many flaws.

Last edited:
Well just installed Mass Effect. It runs well, but didn't play that much to be in a fight. But it could run more fluent...
Do you think it is actually 30 fps?

I have these games from the list, nowadays.

Defense Grid
Geometry Wars Evolved
Hexic HD
Jetpac Refuelled
Perfect Dark
Small Arms
Super Meat Boy
Toy Soldiers
Toy Soldiers: Cold War

I want to try Defense Grid first. Nights into Dreams still runs better on the unofficial X360 emulator

The emulation will probably get better as they tweak it. Waiting on Ninja Gaiden II---hopefully the stair level won't be as bogged down as the original. It was a freaking slide show on the original.

Apart from Live not working well tonight.... Where do you find the retrocompatibility option to download your games? I don't see the option anywhere

Apart from Live not working well tonight.... Where do you find the retrocompatibility option to download your games? I don't see the option anywhere

There's a Quest in the Preview Dashboard App, but it isn't responding well to me. I did a Restart System but it's still spinning when I click that Quest, so it cant even bring up the details.

From what I heard, the digital games are supposed to show up in the Games list as Ready To Install. I hadn't seen anything show up there, yet.

They did say this would show up "later today", so it's maybe not later enough.

I was wondering the same. It seems like a long shot but at this point it'd be unlikely to hurt them in terms of hardware sales but it would bring them a nice bit of revenue in older games sales.

Seriously impressed.

When MS said they were looking into BC a while ago it was dismissed as "deception and appeasement". But they've actually pulled it off.

The PC being an open platform may stand in the way. They definitely wouldn't want people to get access to the emulation code. If they could sufficiently lock it down, though, why not?

Wow, I guess I have more games on the initial list than I thought.

Forsome silly reason you cant take screeshots of Apps, so heres a bad photo from the tablet via a bad tapatalk app.

uploadfromtaptalk1434414829982.jpg

Wow, I guess I have more games on the initial list than I thought.

Forsome silly reason you cant take screeshots of Apps, so heres a bad photo from the tablet via a bad tapatalk app.

View attachment 743
Darn, I was playing The Witcher 3, turned off the console and was about to get to bed, and you aroused my curiosity....... I am going to check now.

No idea, but if it is 12fps, uncapped or capped at 30fps, it isn't going to matter.
For now the reports of people I know in my FL are positive. Viva Piñata apparently runs like a dream on the Xbox One, for instance. What I wonder though is that the same person who mentioned that was asking how he could use the save games from the Xbox 360. I have no idea yet.

ROFL. I just started the X360 BC game and it made me laugh, because it was so spot on.

You launch the game, then a few seconds later you see and hear the X360 Startup sound and video swish. Then you see a screen showing "Getting Your Xbox 360 Info..." Then you see a X360 Toaster showing that it signed you into XBL with your gamertag. Then the title starts up and you see another toaster that you signed in, as if you have yourself on your friends list.

ROFL. I started Hexic HD and was greeted with the (Gamer Picture Unlocked) Toaster.

This I find hilarious for some unknown reason. It's truly running an X360 Virtual Machine!

ROFL. I just started the X360 BC game and it made me laugh, because it was so spot on.

You launch the game, then a few seconds later you see and hear the X360 Startup sound and video swish. Then you see a screen showing "Getting Your Xbox 360 Info..." Then you see a X360 Toaster showing that it signed you into XBL with your gamertag. Then the title starts up and you see another toaster that you signed in, as if you have yourself on your friends list.
Maybe you are just a bit narcissistic. :) I am going to turn the console on and see what happens, your capture gave me an essential clue about where to look and what to look for.

The games also showed up under "My Games and Apps" all the way to the right under the "Ready to be Installed" section.

Back