The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2015 edition

You would be re-downloading the game when putting the original game in the X1. So they're just rebuilding the 360 games to X1 hardware. And they must have created software to do this without developer assistance.
They will actually be rebuilding hundreds of games? That sounds costly.

Looks like they have secured lots of exclusives and timed exclusives with indie devs. Interesting.

You would be re-downloading the game when putting the original game in the X1. So they're just rebuilding the 360 games to X1 hardware. And they must have created software to do this without developer assistance.

Yeah, I think they actually said you're redownloading the game when you put your 360 disc in the Xb1. The question, of course, goes back to that validation question - but I imagine the answer is it's the same as any disc based game.

But it sure made it sound like you weren't going to be "natively" playing off the disc. Rather, downloading a complete new version that works on XB1 hardware during the initial digital install from the disc.

MS really courting the Indies it seems. Now announce Ori 2...lol.
I haven't played the first one yet, but it is on my to do list this month.

Yeah, I think they actually said you're redownloading the game when you put your 360 disc in the Xb1. The question, of course, goes back to that validation question - but I imagine the answer is it's the same as any disc based game.

But it sure made it sound like you weren't going to be "natively" playing off the disc. Rather, downloading a complete new version that works on XB1 hardware during the initial digital install from the disc.
I'd think you'd be downloading only the execution file, while using the assets from the disc. But we don't know that for now.

What are you people watching on that you can tell the quality (visually) of the games? I can't see crap well enough to determine Rez and I'm at work, on a huge pipe, and I've tried both Twitch and Xbox.com and they're both crap.
Cable, and I could not tell the Rez, just that it looked cleaner compared to the other fuzzy stuff. HAHA

Elite later today!

I put in Fallout 3, but it keeps spitting it out. LOL I guess we get an update later today for preview members.

Edit: Plus you can stream those X360 games that you are playing on X1, to Win10.

Back