Diablo 3 - Gamepad Edition

The "Ultimate Evil Edition" (which I assume has all the expansions?) can be had for 35€ in the PS Store this week.
Is that a good price for this game? Is the PS4 port any better than the PC edition?

For the amount of hours you can sink into Diablo, it's worth every penny.

I guess "better" is subjective. They don't have some of the features of the PC version but it's definitely friendly for controllers?

The "Ultimate Evil Edition" (which I assume has all the expansions?) can be had for 35€ in the PS Store this week.
Is that a good price for this game? Is the PS4 port any better than the PC edition?

same screen co op kills everything else ! PC players are just jealous of us :yep2:, we even got the better loot system first !

Work on building Nats set. Currently the most powerful DH build and it has very good cc ability using Rain of Vengeance Stampede and (relatively) decent toughness. Its the least squishy DH build. Dont use the ring and get cooldown on as many slots as possible since the vast majority of your DPS is from ROV. Use 2x handbows w/ 10% cooldown. Nats slayer handbow is mandatory. You only need to worry about the dps on your main hand, the other handbow is just a stat stick since ROV damage is calculated from your main hand wep. You also need focus and restraint rings (bastion set) to maximize damage. Even crappy FnR will out dps any other ring set. Highly recommend lvl 25+ gogok for legendary gem if you dont have enough CD.

Wizard has several good builds. I recommend going with DelRasha which is 3pc Delseres Magnum Opus and 5pc Tal Rasha set. Good balance of DPS and utility. This is a good build to use for groups. Required pieces are Tals ammy, Tals Source and Royal Ring of Grandeur. Your option pieces are meteor boots for dps or Slow time hat (crown of primus) for utility. Wep slot you can pick sunkeeper, craft an ancient devestator, serpent sparker or aether walker, which are preferred, but you can use any wep really. Ring slot can be unity, convention of elements or SOJ. Highest elemental damage on gear will turn your slow time bubble damage into that element. eg: Devastator has up to 20% (IIRC) fire damage so your bubble will be fire damage. Most players roll elemental damage on bracers. This is important to remember because of the elemental damage stacking of Tals 6p bonus. (175% per element up to 4 elements)
I am trying to get the entire Natalya's set, but it is becoming a very daunting task -I have 4 out of 6 items, but the gloves don't have the seed I'd like them to have. Natalya's what my DH is based on, but I use the crossbow and a quiver. I find it to be an advantage. I tried two crossbows but didn't see the benefit. What's the benefit of using 2 crossbows instead a crossbow and a quiver?

Rain of Vengeance is one of my main skills, the skill that makes the most damage for me, in fact. But I use Flying Strike instead of Stampede. Plus Elemental Arrow and all my skills and items are oriented to Cold Damage, and that's why.

I chill enemies 'cos I have a legendary gem which adds extra damage to chilled or slowed down enemies. and Cull of the Weak...

The console port is just perfect, plus it removes the DRM of the PC version and it is one of the best games of this still young generation. I'd wholeheartedly recommend you that game. You will love it, I think.

I am trying to get the entire Natalya's set, but it is becoming a very daunting task -I have 4 out of 6 items, but the gloves don't have the seed I'd like them to have. Natalya's what my DH is based on, but I use the crossbow and a quiver. I find it to be an advantage. I tried two crossbows but didn't see the benefit. What's the benefit of using 2 crossbows instead a crossbow and a quiver?

Rain of Vengeance is one of my main skills, the skill that makes the most damage for me, in fact. But I use Flying Strike instead of Stampede. Plus Elemental Arrow and all my skills and items are oriented to Cold Damage, and that's why.

I chill enemies 'cos I have a legendary gem which adds extra damage to chilled or slowed down enemies. and Cull of the Weak...

Cooldown is the most important stat for ROV build. You need exactly 46% cooldown for a "clean 3:1" which is the ratio of evasive fire focus attacks to strafe attacks to reset cooldown so you can use ROV again.

In order to get 46% you need 2x handbows with 10% cd each (quiver only has 8%), 8% on shoulders and gloves & 10% paragon. If you have rings with max cooldown you can use lvl 25 gogok gem for a clean 2:1. You can roll cooldown on an ammy, but you would have to trade (potentially) 10% cc, 100% cd, 1000 dex or a socket. Unless you have an awesome flavor of time, never roll cooldown on an ammy. BTW, Hellfire ammy is BIS for ammy slot unless you have the aforementioned flavor of time. Or if you are pushing high grifts, a lightning or arcane immunity ammy.

A 2nd handbow is mandatory over a quiver because of the extra cooldown, extra 130% critical damage and you get 5% crit chance and hatred regen when using archery (mandatory).

Sounds like you're pretty much on the right track. Flying strike is good too, but less damage than stampede, which is what you need when trying to push high grifts.

I've played both extensively. IMO, PC version is better. Mainly because you have much more precision using kbm. For example wizard top build uses the aether walker wand which focuses on teleport to stun enemies. On PC, you teleport to wherever your cursor is (assuming the pathing is clear). You can teleport to the same spot over and over and chain stun a group of enemies. On console, your teleport is always a fixed distance, so chain stunning enemies is possible (teleport to one spot then teleport back) but its not as effective.

Also, I really do enjoy the leaderboard meta on PC. Console has the advantage that you get seasonal items now, and using the controller gives the game a more action type of feel. Also, the controller does let you do things that you would not be able to do without a macro on PC. I could go on, but those are the main pros and cons imo.

Not to say the console version is bad, it's actually quite good. Performance is extremely good and I really do prefer playing on a TV vs on my laptop. The one thing Blizzard should have done was to optimize the controller so the right stick is used for targeting and let us remap all the available buttons.

Last edited:
Diablo is definitely a game I want keyboard and mouse controls for but it's great so many people are getting to play the pants off it on consoles.

Is there a basics of the game site I could go to? I understand a lot of what is being said, but don't know how the rolls work.

Cooldown is the most important stat for ROV build. You need exactly 46% cooldown for a "clean 3:1" which is the ratio of evasive fire focus attacks to strafe attacks to reset cooldown so you can use ROV again.

In order to get 46% you need 2x handbows with 10% cd each (quiver only has 8%), 8% on shoulders and gloves & 10% paragon. If you have rings with max cooldown you can use lvl 25 gogok gem for a clean 2:1. You can roll cooldown on an ammy, but you would have to trade (potentially) 10% cc, 100% cd, 1000 dex or a socket. Unless you have an awesome flavor of time, never roll cooldown on an ammy. BTW, Hellfire ammy is BIS for ammy slot unless you have the aforementioned flavor of time. Or if you are pushing high grifts, a lightning or arcane immunity ammy.

A 2nd handbow is mandatory over a quiver because of the extra cooldown, extra 130% critical damage and you get 5% crit chance and hatred regen when using archery (mandatory).

Sounds like you're pretty much on the right track. Flying strike is good too, but less damage than stampede, which is what you need when trying to push high grifts.
Thanks for the enlightening input. The build is actually one I made after changes and changes and more changes in the 225 Paragon levels venture. I started out with chakram in the early levels, 'cos it was fun, but switched to Elemental Arrow -cold-, which does 12,000.000 - 14,000.000 damage for me.

Rain of Vengeance does 40,000.000 damage or so, it's crazy. Sometimes the cooldown of Rain of Vengeance reduces significantly if I use Evasive Fire -cold damage too- or Elemental Arrow.

The issue is that the Natalya's set is very hard to come by. My DH have 3 items, plus the gloves , which I don't wear 'cos I have one with a better critical damage chance and enhanced critical damage, but I use the Ring of Royal Grandeur, so I get the 400% enhanced damage from Rain of Vengeance.

I use Smoke Screen and Vault, but I could do without one of them and use a Companion instead... I am pondering it...

Additionally I have an item to create an additional socket, and a spare Natalya's crossbow... Gotta try to reduce the cooldown times, very interesting stuff.

I've watched these videos from people using ROV, but they are different than the build you'd choose. Gameplay showing how it works start at the 10 minute mark in the first video:

The actual gameplay with his build starts at the 10 minutes mark in the second video, too:

I am curious about how they work for them, but I shall stick to a customised build based on your suggestions rather than using that build exactly, 'cos what works for them might now work for me or you get use to a build -I like Elemental Arrow, wouldn't change it for Strafe-

Last edited:
Is there a basics of the game site I could go to? I understand a lot of what is being said, but don't know how the rolls work.
These sites could help you to get going.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Diablo_III

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/

Diablo is definitely a game I want keyboard and mouse controls for but it's great so many people are getting to play the pants off it on consoles.
It plays like a charm on consoles, trust me on this one. @specwarGP2 can attest to that. The game has some extra features on consoles, like being able to roll using the right stick -this is from what specwarGP2 said time ago- and orbs that add double damage and lots of fancy stuff

What do you mean by BIS? From the context I can get what cc -critical chance- and cd -critical damage- mean, but can't figure out BIS.

To @Arwin and his techingames.com dataase, the game is at 2.2. version as of now.

Thanks for the enlightening input. The build is actually one I made after changes and changes and more changes in the 225 Paragon levels venture. I started out with chakram in the early levels, 'cos it was fun, but switched to Elemental Arrow -cold-, which does 12,000.000 - 14,000.000 damage for me.

Rain of Vengeance does 40,000.000 damage or so, it's crazy. Sometimes the cooldown of Rain of Vengeance reduces significantly if I use Evasive Fire -cold damage too- or Elemental Arrow.

The issue is that the Natalya's set is very hard to come by. My DH have 3 items, plus the gloves , which I don't wear 'cos I have one with a better critical damage chance and enhanced critical damage, but I use the Ring of Royal Grandeur, so I get the 400% enhanced damage from Rain of Vengeance.

I use Smoke Screen and Vault, but I could do without one of them and use a Companion instead... I am pondering it...

Additionally I have an item to create an additional socket, and a spare Natalya's crossbow... Gotta try to reduce the cooldown times, very interesting stuff.

I've watched these videos from people using ROV, but they are different than the build you'd choose. Gameplay showing how it works start at the 10 minute mark in the first video:

I am curious about how they work for them, but I shall stick to a customised build based on your suggestions rather than using that build exactly, 'cos what works for them might now work for me or you get use to a build -I like Elemental Arrow, wouldn't change it for Strafe-

That appears to be the standard solo high grift ROV build (which I use). You alternate between strafe and evasive fire focus. in a 3:1 setup you do one sequence of strafe, followed by 3 evasive fire attacks. With exactly 46% cooldown your ROV cooldown will be reset. Dont use your gift until you get a good ancient weapon. You can do low 40s grifts with non ancients with an optimized ROV build.

The main reason strafe is used is because its super easy to keep up taeguk stacks. You could use any spender really. Evasive fire Focus is use because it generates the most hatred. You dont really need smokescreen and vault. I'd drop one and pick up wolf companion (30% increased dmg for 10 sec) instead.

You still are low paragon and have ways to go before you start min-maxing like me, so I'd just mainly focus on farming gear and having fun. To prevent burnout, start other chars, or different builds using the same char. I have 3 well geared wizards and 2 well geared DH. I'll prolly start a crusader soon.

That appears to be the standard solo high grift ROV build (which I use). You alternate between strafe and evasive fire focus. in a 3:1 setup you do one sequence of strafe, followed by 3 evasive fire attacks. With exactly 46% cooldown your ROV cooldown will be reset. Dont use your gift until you get a good ancient weapon. You can do low 40s grifts with non ancients with an optimized ROV build.

The main reason strafe is used is because its super easy to keep up taeguk stacks. You could use any spender really. Evasive fire Focus is use because it generates the most hatred. You dont really need smokescreen and vault. I'd drop one and pick up wolf companion (30% increased dmg for 10 sec) instead.
Very enlightening, as usual, thanks again @specwarGP2 ! I barely used Strafe, except when I was levelling up in Story mode from 0 to 70. But should give it a try, of course.

As for Rain of Vengeance..., well, I don't use Stampede, except trying it quite a few times, 'cos my build is based on cold -the quiver gives almost 20% bonus to cold damage skills, so do some other items I have- and I use Flying Strike --that might change, might not.

I think that from my experience Flying Strike is underrated. It's very strong AND .., here comes the underrated part, it pins enemies down for two seconds, because of the freezing cold damage. :)

That feature works on bosses, Ubers, and whatever. It can be a life saver for you and your party, too. Because the boss can't do nothing meanwhile. :)

So just imagine how crazy Flying Strike can be with a solid cooldown reduction.

After reading your posts, I feel like the luckiest bastard around. I thought I had a spare Natalya's crossbow in my stash, but I didn't!! I had one but gave it away. I was very disappointed that I didn't see it.

So I made a few Adventure mode runs and Rifts to see if something Natalya could drop, the little blood shards I had I spent them on Kadala. But to no avail. And then at the 10th try with Kadala, she drops this beauty!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

24l6hkn.png

Perfect seed for cooldown time reduction -stat ranges shown-, almost perfect 22% enhanced Rain of Vengeance damage. Was Blizzard reading your posts or what? :)

Plus it had a better Dexterity bonus by default, 692 Dexterity, than my previous one, and I transmog it so I can squeeze more out of it. I added a socket with Gift and voila! :p

Never thought that cooldown reduction could be so important, but with Elemental Arrow the cooldown reduction time of Rain of Vengeance reduces a lot, so I thought it was fast enough, but with that stat, it's even faster. :)

thanks @specwarGP2 . You deserve true happiness and bread should never be short in your house. :)

My previous Natalya's crossbow is shown to the left, the new one is in the right btw. Beauty..

Last edited:
You still are low paragon and have ways to go before you start min-maxing like me, so I'd just mainly focus on farming gear and having fun. To prevent burnout, start other chars, or different builds using the same char. I have 3 well geared wizards and 2 well geared DH. I'll prolly start a crusader soon.
That's what I am doing. The late game for the character still has a long way to go. I don't worry that much, I am enjoying it a lot.

I have a level 70 Monk and a level 70 Crusader, too. Witch Doctor is next. Leveling up to 70 leeching from others takes less than ahour, or a hour at most.

The Demon Hunter is very fun. It's the character that made my Diablo 3 range of characters, the base I mean.

All this time I've been looking for a build I liked, improving every single skill, switching skills, trying things out. I've never grown bored of it, and probably never will. :) Additionally, there are quite a few builds and all of them are fun in their own right.

Plus you are always using 5 or 6 buttons with the DH. It's quite fun and engaging. :)

Problem is that Torment V and Torment VI are one hit, two hit kill for me, If the enemies catch me the DH is toast. :( Torment III is where I find the best balance as of now.

Forgot to mention that yesterday night I recorded a couple of 20 seconds videos with a cheater :| -someone who imported his Diablo 3 character from a pirated Xbox 360- :no: and he let me do the killing. He was level Paragon 1720 when he joined my game.

Well, just look at how they get to level 10000 Paragon. The guy is standing still in the Jar of Souls and everytime I kill an enemy he goes up 1 or 2 Paragon levels!! :oops::oops: He was Paragon level 1700+ already. Crazy! Players with more than a thousand hours didn't achieve level Paragon 1000..

First 20 seconds video -sorry for the newbie style of playing, was trying elective mode and the wolfie past night-, look at him standing still and the constant level up animation, fancy, :unsure: but so crazy. :oops::oops:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ruin of Palmira/video/3382486

Second 20 seconds video. More fancy level up Paragon level effects at wild speed while I confront the baddies.:oops::oops:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ruin of Palmira/video/3382487

Last edited:
Problem is that Torment V and Torment VI are one hit, two hit kill for me, If the enemies catch me the DH is toast. :( Torment III is where I find the best balance as of now.

That's just how DH class is. Very high damage, very squishy. ROV is fairly durable though (relatively speaking) if you use stacked taeguk gem and spamming ROV increases your toughness. I can take one or two hits with a fully stacked lvl 46 gem on grift lvl 50

Congrats on the drop! Its always worth gambling for weps (if you're a dh) because the pool is much smaller than for other classes. But I think you will be set for a while so gamble for gear. Also do you need the ROV belt and focus and restraint rings to round out the build.

I would also recommend playing wizard. 2nd highest dps class and much better toughness than DH. There are a bunch of different builds for different playstyles.

Cyan, thanks for the cool equipment. I'm getting my Crusader from 53 to 70 and then will play around with the items----much appreciated.

Going to run a Witch Doctor next out of curiosity. I don't think I'll ever get to the very high level stuff you and specwarGP2 are up to...too much time to invest and have other games to get to.

Cyan, thanks for the cool equipment. I'm getting my Crusader from 53 to 70 and then will play around with the items----much appreciated.

Going to run a Witch Doctor next out of curiosity. I don't think I'll ever get to the very high level stuff you and specwarGP2 are up to...too much time to invest and have other games to get to.
You better focus on one character that is truly fun for you, items will eventually drop and from there creating other builds is a more feasible option. Plus the Paragon levels from your main character can be used for every new character you create. I am not playing Diablo 3 much as of late because of The Witcher 3, but I miss playing it more often, so I shall be back in the summer.

As for the items, it's nothing. I had quite a few from you too. Gifts mostly -from the Nemesis I guess-, so I decided to sent you a few. A couple of the ones you sent me fit my character well.

The gifts I sent you weren't meant for the late game, but they will be helpful for you to clean areas more quickly in the early paragon levels, and stuff will appear. As I said before, Torment I is your friend if you want some of the best items, and I think you are ready for the challenge now.

Back