News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They suck now, so it makes sense.
Yeah, I'm more wondering what they did specifically since we can't really see from the image. The horse is a pile of Dustin Echoes now, but it just seems like a waste of time and money tweaking stuff they broke all over (I didn't like the new analog sticks, felt too loose or something, and the new buttons are buttfugl ) when all they had to do was just fix the D-pad on the original and adjust the chassis for the hidden battery compartment (and I guess add the industry standard 3.5mm jack).

o_O

They also announced the Xbox One wireless adapter for the PC.

Shame it's not releasing sooner than "this fall" as that would make a great birthday present for me! It's a bit big though and I'm not liking that it won't work witht he 360 controller so I'll need both adapters plugged in. Would be cool if they made a PCI-E version that you could fit internally, or simply make the dongle less protrusive since I don't have much space at the back of my case (and no way I'm sticking it in the front to be snapped off).

Shame it's not releasing sooner than "this fall" as that would make a great birthday present for me! It's a bit big though and I'm not liking that it won't work witht he 360 controller so I'll need both adapters plugged in. Would be cool if they made a PCI-E version that you could fit internally, or simply make the dongle less protrusive since I don't have much space at the back of my case (and no way I'm sticking it in the front to be snapped off).

You know, I thought they would have done the dongle to also coincide with Rock Band controller support. Guess not...

Harmonix Employee
nicholasbrutal said:
Last-gen compatibility with wireless hardware on new consoles is not a rumor; it's happening. PS3 to PS4 with the existing hardware/dongle; Xbox 360 to Xbox One with a low-cost dongle you can purchase. First thing's first is testing this with the instruments we made, but we intend to support as many of those legacy wireless instruments as possible.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=166037406&postcount=2499

They might as well add support for 360 gamepads if they can get the RB instruments working. :rolleyes:

Meh.

I'm unclear as to whether or not the wireless adapter works with the current/old XB1 handsets? It says the new ones have wireless firmware updates, improved bumpers, and an additional standard headphone jack.

Hmmm.. but what about the adapter? Anybody got any clarification?

The wireless firmware update is nice. That update that supposedly improves disconnection issues (which I've had a few times) has been out for weeks or months I think, but I've just been too lazy to fish out a micro USB cable and update my controller.

It sucks they couldn't retroactively patch that in to old controllers though. But at least next time I buy a new controller it will have it.

I dislike the new controller ... the wedge is awesome as heck for quick controls.

I wonder how much the wireless dongle will cost

Phil is at the oculus rift conference. The rift ships with an xbox one controller + wireless dongle.

streaming from xbox one to rift on pc. It looks like it puts you in a virtual room with a giant screen for those games

Phil is at the oculus rift conference. The rift ships with an xbox one controller + wireless dongle.

streaming from xbox one to rift on pc. It looks like it puts you in a virtual room with a giant screen for those games

1. Microsoft have partnership with Oculus
  2. The standard input device for Oculus is the XBO controller
  3. The XBO can stream it's output to the Oculus Rift
  4. Microsoft have more to announce on their deal with Oculus

It looks like a no brainer to me that Microsoft is getting on the VR bandwagon too and that Oculus will be it's headset of choice. This is absolutely awesome news for PC and Xbox gamers alike. With the combined resources of Microsoft and Oculus we can expect some amazing exclusives (to Windows 10 platforms) and with the shared Xbox Live ecosystem coming about with Win10, the cross platform social aspects via a shared VR environment should be incredible. The future is looking very bright!

I bought a short usb extension cable that you can plug this in to so it hangs flat instead of protrudes. Amazon has tons of options and they're very cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back