The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

It wasn't the wraiths, it was the
baby
, but I restarted and finally figured out how to get the less fighting version. apparently if you get to far ahead it triggers the fight. I still can't find any silver swords, vendors don't sell them and the only plans I have for one is level 13. I guess I can jump on my trusty horse and ride around randomly looking for treasure. Great design! Why don't they just have stores with lots of stuff for sale? Seems like every person who sells stuff only has a few worthless things. Most of my money is spent fixing my gear or buying really expensive food. You can go broke buying water in this game...
Take @DSoup advice, trust me on this one. Get the Feline set items. You will use it for levels and levels and levels and won't need anything else once you get it. I died a lot of times before -hard difficulty level, not the hardest- but now the fights are more balanced for me. You will figure things out and find your style.

At level 18 or 19 you might find a sword or an armour with a better individual specification but it doesn't matter, it never offsets the benefits of the Feline set.

I am currently sweeping Velen left to right, clearing the question marks, you get experience and nice items to sell, plus what I ambition the most, places of power. (found the one @RenegadeRocks had found before and shared in a video) :) With the Feline set Geralt can hold its ground even against level 24 enemies -level 18 now-. Be careful though, defensively wise, it's the weaker side of the set, but then you have Quen to smooth that first hit out.

Next goal: Find the enhanced feline items. The quest can be enabled, as I found the maps hinting at where those items are, but I am not in a hurry, carrying a bit of punch right now. The game starts slow, but once you get the grip of it and the right items, things get better and better and better....

I died a lot til level 14, now monsters in Velen are more or less doable like White Orchid monsters where at level 7 or 8.

Last edited:
Didn't have problems with aquiring silver swords - you can buy the in Velen from some of the Blacksmiths, you can find them in sidemissions and ypu can craft them. There were easy to get in White Orchard as well (Viper School gear)

My screengrabs should work now. Some vistas in this game are breathtaking. A couple of screengrabs of mine, taken yesterday:

Wed_Jun_10_23-34-00_UTC%2B0200_2015.png

Wed_Jun_10_23-39-49_UTC%2B0200_2015.png

Additionally, the HDR in this game is so intense, incredible (it's the light of the sun which at that particular camera angle bathed the screen, it was so realistic, if you move the camera you didn't see the sun being so intense). I took this screenshot days ago. Amazing stuff from CD Projekt

Sun_May_31_21-19-26_UTC%2B0200_2015.png

The one thing I'm not that big of a fan of are the Witcher's overtly bright nights. It often looks really cool, but I was hoping for some of Dragon's Dogma's nightly holy shit moments. You know, where you inch yourself ever forward through the blackness, only to be greeted by the glowing eye of an angry Cyclops you didn't know was there.

If there's one game I'd love to see remade, it's probably Dragon's Dogma.

The one thing I'm not that big of a fan of are the Witcher's overtly bright nights. It often looks really cool, but I was hoping for some of Dragon's Dogma's nightly holy shit moments. You know, where you inch yourself ever forward through the blackness, only to be greeted by the glowing eye of an angry Cyclops you didn't know was there.

I gotta admit that The Witcher 3 gives me the creeps in almost every mission. When the music begins to sound eerie, haunted..., I can feel shivers running down my spine. But you are right about the night.

Sometimes I don't know if you are at night or at dusk. And other times they get it totally right, like when those cloudy, rainy, thick grey and black clouds cover the sky and it's rainy, the atmosphere and the light look dim like the real thing --I live in a very rainy area and know what I am talking about.

However, the night is too clear most of the time, whether there is a full moon or not.

But there is a reason for bright nights in The Witcher ;)

Have you noticed what kind of eyes witchers have? Does it explain not so dark nights? I hope so!

Completely enthralled with this game. That aside, definitely not a fan of the Ciri interludes. I hate it when games throw their own internal rules out the window as a way to try to make cut scenes "entertaining". Small quibble though considering the scale and depth of everything else.

I upgraded my level 1 silver sword finally. It only took hours of checking every "?" and vendor I could find. Finally got it out of a chest in the water in a hidden treasure spot. I also found another griffon, which one shot killed me.
I swept all the question marks in Velen, from left to right. Now with the Cat set I can go almost everywhere in Velen and have a better chance at survival while presenting a challenge to tough monsters.

I have only one question mark left (they give both experience and then there are the always welcome places of power) at the top of a mountain with a beautiful tree in Velen -relatively close to the swamp-, but there is a level 30 something monster there which gets terribly angry.

I announced myself making my intentions clear, but he didn't like that and my Geralt said "let's bail" and buggered off. I do that to survive another day and reunite with my Yennefer.

That area is EXTREMELY tough, and the ascension is a chore, but the rest of Velen with my Cat set and stuff starts to feel like White Orchid at level 8. You might have some challenging fights but you can clear areas more quickly. In fact it took me like 2-3 hours two clear all the question marks I had left, in realtime, it was more because of loading times and random stuff, but some question marked areas where relatively quick to clear.

I did it because the bastard owes me money and, King or not, I'll kill anybody who won't pay.
I got involved because he was a direct threat to Yen and Triss and every other different person in the realm including the witchers. The whole idea of having witch finders (Vincent Price!) just never ends happily and he had to be stopped.

Though protecting Yen and Triss went nowhere as, being a dirty dog, I ploughed the field, so to speak, and ended up flying solo afterwards :) Ce la vie!

Now I am starting to consider this game a masterpiece. I cried today. :cry: I gotta admit. I finally travelled to Skellige -completed almost all quests in Velen- . And this song started sounding. CD Projekt made me cry. :cry: But in the good sense. Thanks for this game CD Projekt.

What a change from Velen. Much more beautiful, more interesting people, the accent is cooler, everything is better. And finally reunited with Yennefer.

I got involved because he was a direct threat to Yen and Triss and every other different person in the realm including the witchers. The whole idea of having witch finders (Vincent Price!) just never ends happily and he had to be stopped.

Though protecting Yen and Triss went nowhere as, being a dirty dog, I ploughed the field, so to speak, and ended up flying solo afterwards :) Ce la vie!
Yup, I also wanted to hide Philippa from him. I am carefully planning what I shall do against him. :) As for Yennefer, in MY opinion, she is the most beautiful woman :love::love::love::love::love::love::love: ever created in a videogame. Some pictures I took from her, before -from time ago- and after the reunion -minutes ago-.

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Btw does all flying enemy in Witcher will weirdly come down so they can be killed?

Is there big enemy?

I kind of miss climbing enemies in dragon dogma. Or fighting enemies that stay on air in extended time.

Rather than Griffin that weirdly try to attack while on ground

Back