Xbox One: DirectX 11.1+ AMD GPU , PS4: DirectX 11.2+ AMD GPU what's the difference?

Actually there is no data to support that assumption. We don't know how much customization that MS has placed into the SOC. What you described is worst case scenario which is no MS customization. That could be the case, or the superset of features could include things that even the 290 doesn't have. To me most likely scenario is the only 260 and 290 have same features as the xbone and not the older cards.

the vgleaks information suggest modifications but nothing drastic really, and they have been spot on for information for nearly everything so I find it hard to believe that they would miss something so major.

Even if the XB1, PS4 and VI gpu sported the exact same GCN 1.1 cores wouldn't all the additional gpu logic on the XB1 that exist outside the GCN 1.1 cores encourage a superset of 11.2.

11.x in and of itself doesn't mean that XB1 has access to GCN core features that arent available to other 11.2 based hardware.

Nevermind that we have Mono, Mantle and what the PS4's lower level API is called which provides even more intimate control and exposes more features of the GCN hardware.

It seems likely both XB1 and PS4 will feature the same IP as Bonaire and Hawaii minus TruAudio. And in turn that that IP is only a minor upgrade over the IP of the original GCN GPU's.

Or in other words aside from the increased queues in the ACE's the feature set of XB1 should be virtually identical to the first GCN GPU's released 2 years ago. That is to say, a superset of DX11.2.

It seems likely both XB1 and PS4 will feature the same IP as Bonaire and Hawaii minus TruAudio. And in turn that that IP is only a minor upgrade over the IP of the original GCN GPU's.

Or in other words aside from the increased queues in the ACE's the feature set of XB1 should be virtually identical to the first GCN GPU's released 2 years ago. That is to say, a superset of DX11.2.

There is more to GCN 1.0 versus 1.1 then increased ACE queues.

Not the proper thread to ask i suppose , but is my nvidia 670 only dx11 ? No dx11.1 or .2 ?

Not the proper thread to ask i suppose , but is my nvidia 670 only dx11 ? No dx11.1 or .2 ?

It is mostly DX11.1 compliant and fully supports the 11.2 feature set (whether tier 1 or 2 IDK). There is some confusion over this (for good reason). It supports 11.1 and 11.2 from the 11.0 feature level. Makes sense, right? :LOL:

It is mostly DX11.1 compliant and fully supports the 11.2 feature set (whether tier 1 or 2 IDK). There is some confusion over this (for good reason). It supports 11.1 and 11.2 from the 11.0 feature level. Makes sense, right? :LOL:

This is a bit misleading. It is d3d feature level 11.0 that also supports some optional features. I don't believe it supports any 11.1 feature level features (I could be wrong though). It also supports tier 1 tiled resources.

This is a bit misleading.
Hey, don't blame me for Microsoft's awkwardness :p

It is d3d feature level 11.0 that also supports some optional features. I don't believe it supports any 11.1 feature level features (I could be wrong though).
Kepler enables all 11.1 features except:

- Target-Independent Rasterization (2D-Rendering)
- 16xMSAA Rasterization (2D-Rendering)
- Orthogonal Line Rendering Mode
- UAV in non-pixel-shader stages

Kepler fully supports DX11.2 feature set. I believe it is level/tier 1, but in Microsoft vernacular that is still full support. Hell, MS used a gf770 in the DX11.2 announcement demo.

Right, those are the features unique to 11.1. Everything else they support was already optional in 11.0. Really they support all of 11.0 (including optional features), not "most of 11.1".

Yes, but that is about as accurate as saying "most of 11.1" IMO considering those optional features are required for feature level 11.1, and Kepler supports most of the mandatory features in DX11.1.

Anyway this is an argument over semantics. I think we have sufficiently answered kots' question :)

Remember This?
AMD Tiled Resources Presentation!

12-630.2661134383.jpg

Now... remember this?

From Sony PS4 GCD Europe 2013 presentation

prt.jpg

prt-2.jpg

Although this does not show the supported Tier, I find it funny they used the AMD image with the note "Like this, but in hardware".

It seems to imply some kind of improvement... Like Tier 2...

Do you agree?

Back