The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Can someone tell me what would have happened if I had talked to Menge about Dijkstra's treasure(of I can, that is. ) ? I had to fight the guards due to my choice of words and killed him. I basically chose "hands off" when they were taking Truss, thinking it would just be a warning and we will continue the act, but instead it turned into a full fight.
I've been very protective of Triss all the time. I didn't trust Keira's choices and then I was right, so I grew shy of certain decisions when I met Triss. I chose that option, too, you never know what could happen. I wouldn't worry much if I were you.

Level 14 now. I am focusing on the Cat set. Happy with the decisions for the most part. I hope there will be a happy ending for Geralt and Yen, too. I am a traditionalist, so I wonder if at the end you can marry Yen and Geralt is going to develop a full pot belly after settling. Ideally someone helps them to become "typical" humans and can live a life together and die peacefully in their bed at a very elderly age.

I mean, if they are a witcher and a sorceress forever, life could get dull at some point.

I've not played all week but I clocked out halfway through level 20 and have been in Skellige for an hour or so. I'm really liking the whole change of vibe - the different accents, different ambient music and different problems impacting the world. The populace in Velen was mostly downtrodden and defeated but everybody is Skellige is ready for a fight.

For me I think Novigrad outstayed it's welcome but that was mostly my fault as I can't leave an identified quest unaddressed and there were so many :yep2: I'll definitely keep toe the main quest line on subsequent play throughs as the city can be annoying to get around quickly and lacks the diversity of the open countryside, which I never get tired of riding around it.

I'm now wondering if I'm going to finish this before Arkham Knight releases in two weeks. Probably not, so Bruce Wayne may have to wait until July.

I've not played all week but I clocked out halfway through level 20 and have been in Skellige for an hour or so. I'm really liking the whole change of vibe - the different accents, different ambient music and different problems impacting the world. The populace in Velen was mostly downtrodden and defeated but everybody is Skellige is ready for a fight.

For me I think Novigrad outstayed it's welcome but that was mostly my fault as I can't leave an identified quest unaddressed and there were so many :yep2: I'll definitely keep toe the main quest line on subsequent play throughs as the city can be annoying to get around quickly and lacks the diversity of the open countryside, which I never get tired of riding around it.

I'm now wondering if I'm going to finish this before Arkham Knight releases in two weeks. Probably not, so Bruce Wayne may have to wait until July.
Velen is fine, and started out well. It gave me the creeps, really, I felt goosebumps down my spine, especially the first minutes when Geralt said "the wind is howling" (it was the first time he said that in my game and I thought it was related to Velen).

Goosebumps formed over my body as a chill enveloped me, the atmosphere was perfect.

But then, 3 days ago, I entered Novigrad, and I HATE Novigrad with a passion! It's not well designed, it's a mess, it makes no sense, especially the top part, which is on the top of a hill, but it seems to be designed for people to fall over the precipice. Nobody would design a city there without some large wall or something for protection, people might fall.

Some of the accents or voice actors aren't very compelling, but well, that's not it.

But then, you have Oxenfurt. That's a very nice city, it is well designed, you can memorise the place. Sure, the camera might not help but I'd rather walk by instinct in Novigrad than by trying to memorise everything, because it's so messy...

I want out of Novigrad asap, but I like Velen overall

Velen is fine, and started out well. It gave me the creeps, really, I felt goosebumps down my spine, especially the first minutes when Geralt said "the wind is howling" (it was the first time he said that in my game and I thought it was related to Velen).

Goosebumps formed over my body as a chill enveloped me, the atmosphere was perfect.

But then, 3 days ago, I entered Novigrad, and I HATE Novigrad with a passion! It's not well designed, it's a mess, it makes no sense, especially the top part, which is on the top of a hill, but it seems to be designed for people to fall over the precipice. Nobody would design a city there without some large wall or something for protection, people might fall.

Some of the accents or voice actors aren't very compelling, but well, that's not it.

But then, you have Oxenfurt. That's a very nice city, it is well designed, you can memorise the place. Sure, the camera might not help but I'd rather walk by instinct in Novigrad than by trying to memorise everything, because it's so messy...

I want out of Novigrad asap, but I like Velen overall

Oh gods Helloween! I haven't heard them for years.

As for Novigrad, I didn't like the place either but you will be spending an awful lot of time there so it's best to get the signposts unlocked and just fast travel rather than trying to navigate.

Also if it's a main quest you can get roach to auto-navigate to the location by just holding down the X button (or equivalent). Though his path finding sometimes leaves a little to be desired!

Just finished work! Perfect timing for this patch to fix XP issue and hopefully NCP pop in as well. Other than that I have no problems in game and I enjoy wonderful experience!

Edit:
First thing I've noticed in the menus is they listened to Cjail request to make Witcher Senses highlight in different colours as not everyone sees all colours!

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/1845823/

Last edited:
Each patch that is released for this game is getting me that much closer to breaking the backlog rule and outright buying this game today!

I can't figure out if the XP bug is fixed or not, people are arguing in the forums. I held off on playing more until they patch it a bit.

Oh gods Helloween! I haven't heard them for years.

As for Novigrad, I didn't like the place either but you will be spending an awful lot of time there so it's best to get the signposts unlocked and just fast travel rather than trying to navigate.

Also if it's a main quest you can get roach to auto-navigate to the location by just holding down the X button (or equivalent). Though his path finding sometimes leaves a little to be desired!
Future World is my favourite Helloween song. When I showed it to my brother he fell in love with it, and he got impressed as a kid.

Good advice, I barely use Roach in Novigrad, but it can prove useful, especially in areas with underground doors and stuff like that.
Found this set of screen shots from TW3:

http://imgur.com/a/9GLKn

Pretty, but needs loads of horsepower to be playable at these settings.
That's so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Not sure if it's Balkan, as Poland is actually quite up in the north. Definitely Slavic though ;) just a more somber type.

I want more Balkan music damn it!
Some of the songs in this game, I can't stop listening to!

I'm actively trying to hunt humans just to fight them hearing this. :p

This section of Angry Joe's review had me cracking up youtu.be/H6QoEUqadW4?t=1766

Not sure if it's Balkan, as Poland is actually quite up in the north. Definitely Slavic though ;) just a more somber type.

Yes, Poland is far from Balkans. But slavic influence is very strong.

I would actually like for them to include way more myths and legends from Balkans. Modern vampires [vampyr] were based from Serbian myths about dead people having a chance to be revived as spirits or reanimated corpses [either good or evil] that can haunt their families or friends. Still here in Serbia we have "40 day" ceremony after some person has died, which was build on old belief that after 40 days the spirit of the deceased can finally go to rest. Modern version entails just visiting the grave and saying final goodbyes.

From what I gather from the internet, the lyrics are Bulgarian and the music certainly has a very Balkan feel to it.
Reminds me of Goran Bregovic.

CDP did not mention this change in the patch list.
If you had not mentioned it I would never, ever had looked for it.
Yup, but they didn't mention colour blindness directly, they deine it as animation something. quite weird.

This section of Angry Joe's review had me cracking up youtu.be/H6QoEUqadW4?t=1766

Yes, Poland is far from Balkans. But slavic influence is very strong.

I would actually like for them to include way more myths and legends from Balkans. Modern vampires [vampyr] were based from Serbian myths about dead people having a chance to be revived as spirits or reanimated corpses [either good or evil] that can haunt their families or friends. Still here in Serbia we have "40 day" ceremony after some person has died, which was build on old belief that after 40 days the spirit of the deceased can finally go to rest. Modern version entails just visiting the grave and saying final goodbyes.
Are you Serbian? That's pretty cool, actually. You have privileged genes for basketball, tall, big, and talented -not only necessarily for basketball- people.

Plus, eastern Europeans tend to be very intelligent, quick at adapting. I knew a girl from Poland who spoke galician better than most galicians, amazing stuff --note that Galician is a minority language (my native one too), which makes her feat all the more valuable. She learnt so quickly.

Just gotta tell you though that I will never ever follow the link. angryjoe is a redneck, of the worst kind. I just can't stand angryjoe -yes, I know what I'm talking about because at a time of mental derangement in my life I subscribed to him for less than a month and then when I listened to him I decided to unsubscribe and now I am the happiest person in the world-.

I don't even watch his videos nor give him a dislike, because I don't like giving dislikes, I just ignore what I don't like. angryjoe is a malicious influence, imo.

Back