News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's also a probability. @iroboto previous post hints at it, too, but I remember those kind of updates on the X360, where apparently nothing happened, from a visual level.
well lol, we had a 'lite' update for June and @Scott_Arm was just mentioning it. It's possible that they may have made it light so that they could have something to announce for E3 and deliver it shortly after. I'm not sure what benefit it does given how short 1.5 hours is, but I suppose it's possible if the update is fairly significant.

well lol, we had a 'lite' update for June and @Scott_Arm was just mentioning it. It's possible that they may have made it light so that they could have something to announce for E3 and deliver it shortly after. I'm not sure what benefit it does given how short 1.5 hours is, but I suppose it's possible if the update is fairly significant.

I would like to see the much rumored new dashboard which is likely a "universal app (UAP)" and will require the new "universal windows platform UWP in win10" ...

plus ofcourse game streaming , which also needs UWP ..

Why would streaming require UWP on the Xbox One?
I'm sure streaming is coming very soon, it's even been demoed. I expect that it will probably be there for the launch of desktop win 10 or soon after.

No way they can price that at $400 is there?

Guessing placeholder page=placeholder price.

Because $50 for 500GB isn't a very good deal? I think the whole thing is dumb, is there any maximum limitation on external HDD other than you can only add 2?

I'm thinking this is just a dumb "Xbox One - now with 1TB of storage!" commercials to get ahead of the PS4 offering the same. It makes a lot more sense for the PS4 and their more difficult to replace internal HDD to be the one releasing larger HDD versions than the easily and cheaply expandable Xb1.

Why would streaming require UWP on the Xbox One?
I'm sure streaming is coming very soon, it's even been demoed. I expect that it will probably be there for the launch of desktop win 10 or soon after.
I'm going to go out on a limb here but at Build Sessions we went through UWP and UWP enables a backend "linking feature". Hard to really explain but it requires the OS to leverage it. So let's say
A) I make an application (A) to record the game using UWP let's say.
B) using another UWP (B) say I want to view the (A) stream on (B). I can actually call that app to send my app the stream without having to turn app (A) on first.

This might be how using Windows 10 I can turn on my Xbox and tell it to stream the game. Xbox is playing the game but Windows 10 is hooking into the UWP of the streaming application to receive it.

App A can act independently of App B.

This is just a thought, lol I'm not saying it works this way.

Microsoft announced 1TB Xbox One with new controller with headphone jack for $399 http://majornelson.com/2015/06/09/new-xbox-one-1tb-console-unveiled/

Also announced 500GB version becomes $349 permanently.

Seems like a terrible idea to not debut the 1TB console at $349. I also cant see how the 500GB version isn't EOL'd, which effectively is a price raise on Xbox One.

Knowing PS4 will likely announce a 1TB version for the same $399 at E3...

They also announced the Xbox One wireless adapter for the PC.

xbox_wirelessadapterforwindows_620.png

Microsoft announced 1TB Xbox One with new controller with headphone jack for $399 http://majornelson.com/2015/06/09/new-xbox-one-1tb-console-unveiled/

Also announced 500GB version becomes $349 permanently.

Seems like a terrible idea to not debut the 1TB console at $349. I also cant see how the 500GB version isn't EOL'd, which effectively is a price raise on Xbox One.

Knowing PS4 will likely announce a 1TB version for the same $399 at E3...

Some additional info on the controller:
You’ll have the option to adjust headset volume, mic monitoring, and voice and game audio balance through the Settings menu on your console. In addition to audio improvements, we’ve fine-tuned the bumpers and enabled wireless firmware updates on the updated controller which eliminates having to connect the controller via USB cable to receive updates

Some additional info on the controller:
You’ll have the option to adjust headset volume, mic monitoring, and voice and game audio balance through the Settings menu on your console. In addition to audio improvements, we’ve fine-tuned the bumpers and enabled wireless firmware updates on the updated controller which eliminates having to connect the controller via USB cable to receive updates

Adjusting in the settings menu sucks, to be totally honest.

Adjusting in the settings menu sucks, to be totally honest.
That's how I remember it on the X360. I wonder why you don't like that. I mean..., would you want a couple extra of physical up/down volume, mute buttons on the gamepad?

Tweaked bumpers?
Going to have to wait for those youtube reviews and see how people describe them. I don't mind the current ones, they are more like levers than they are buttons, I suppose that created quite an issue with some users.

That's how I remember it on the X360. I wonder why you don't like that. I mean..., would you want a couple extra of physical up/down volume, mute buttons on the gamepad?

Yes. The buttons are very useful. Now that I have them, it would be hard to not have them. Being able to adjust the balance between the game audio and the chat audio in my headphones, as well as adjust the volume on the fly, is very handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back