Armature Studios to port Unreal 4 engine to Wii U and Vita

That sounds great in paper but I am wondering what is the point if both platforms are technically dying and their creators began to stop caring about them.

The Vita may be dead in the water, but financially the system has always worked out great for indie devs regardless. Didn't Hotline Miami seel better on the Vita than any place else? Not too bad for a dead system.
The numbers aren't there to support hugely expensive AAA game anymore, but the constant stream of indies and Japanese niche titles suggests there's still money to be made with the thing,

That sounds great in paper but I am wondering what is the point if both platforms are technically dying and their creators began to stop caring about them.
Wii U is still supported and when Nintendo's next home console arrives with exception of Wii's lifetime, that will be 2017 while Vita is still supported by Sony, at least in Japan involving developing software for it and PSP had 10 years of production and Vita performance I would say it will be discontinued in either Q4 2017 or H1 2018 if Sony tries again to compete in handheld market... Though would't be surprised if they chug along with it til 2020.

I believe they included Wii U as a stretch goal, so that's how it came to be. From their perspective, this build of the game is essentially already paid for.

Back