The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt revealed

Hmmm, then perhaps it has nothing to do with DSR.
Since I disabled it, I haven't had any pop ins though. That's why I thought it was a memory limitation.

Yes, it's a bug in new patch. They releasing patches really quick for which I'm grateful, but because of that there is a bigger chance of introducing new bug in the process. This means patch 1.05 is almost certain very soon :D

Waiting a bit seems justified yet again.

I haven't bought a game on release week in a looong time. It is so much better. Gonna give this one a little more time in the oven.

I preordered this game but as is the trend with any new much anticipated game I did I felt my gaming experience would only be more enhanced if I wait a few months finish a few other games in my queue and then come back to this one. By that time all the patches and all the updates and bug fixes and someone might as well be wrapped up and released as a enhanced edition or definitive edition as they have done before.

My pc with HD 7770 works fine at max except for ssao, hair works, foliage, and texture.

Gtx 960 is a lot faster than mine. I guess it should be fine for all max.

1680x1050 wich is max res for my display. I am not running hairworks for obvious reason. And dof is off as geforce exp advisor recommends. Rest is on with hbao. And i think grass density is on high not on uber . With fraps i have 59-60 fps all the time wich i consider super smooth.

That's both very impressive for the developers and saddening for us as well lol.

I wish they allow lower resolution and forced aspects ratio.

When mobile and stuck with laptop, 768p is too high

Witcher 3 driver from AMD released ... and I see no benchmarks??
I'm downloading now, but still have to work till 11PM tonight so please bear with me!
Will only do quick comparison on Ultra with and without HW ;)

2560x1440p Ultra HW on (tess 8x in CCC)
15.3 beta:
http://i.imgur.com/3ZdnFun.jpg
15.5 beta:
http://i.imgur.com/bwte1Rx.jpg

Sorry I'm too tired to make more comparisons, but after quick run the shot I took was the smallest gain. If looked opposite direction I was gaining 3fps, but didn't knew that before installing new driver and only grabbed that one picture ...
As always your mileage might vary, but to me extra few FPS is a welcome thing in TW3 :)

Last edited:
Witcher 3 News .....

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PC will receive a new patch on Monday (June 1) which will carry fix for the nasty "no XP Glitch" in the game. In addition to this, CD Projekt Red clarified that this No XP Glitch in The Witcher 3 won't have any impact whatsoever on the game balance ....

A few days ago Nvidia reported on working on driver updates to address Kepler issues with The Witcher 3. It appears though, that Kepler owners will enjoy a performance boost in several games with the new driver. Nvidia's ManuelG noted that the upcoming drivers will offer a universal fix for Kepler GPUs that will boost performance in various PC games. That's good news indeed, especially considering recent allegations that Nvidia is crippling older GPUs performance in the latest games in order to promote its new Maxwell series, something that is quite evident in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, as the game runs considerably worse on Kepler GPUs compared to Maxwell 900 series.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/the-witcher-3-no-xp-glitch-fix-coming-on-june-1st.html

I'm not a fan of Hairworks. TressFX looks way better, at least what I saw in Tomb Raider. I think Hairworks causes a mild performance dip, also, when I'm in a tight space and the camera does a close up of Geralt. While I've yet to lower it from ultra, I've seen comparison screenshots of it disabled and enabled, and frankly it's pretty damn ugly when it's disabled. I hope at some point they improve some of the fur textures, namely wolves. Even at max it looks pretty bad.

I'm still questing in Velen. I'm almost level 14 and I'm trying to stay away from a lot of the main story. But it looks like I'm going to have to head to The Skellige Isles soon. How large is that area in comparison to Velen?

Back