The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

This is a good quest and there are a few related quests that serve as follow-up as well.

I've not yet encountered a quest that wasn't good. Some are funny, some are tragic, some genuinely made me want to kill somebody initially, then change my mind when I hear their side. I hope that the Witcher 3's popularity gives Bethesda cause to think more about their side quests in Elder Scrolls and Fallout.
I think so.

What impresses me the most -now, with that particular quest in mind- is The Wither 3 engine. I mean, you can enter buildings (and caves) and they are part of the world already, yet they feel like they are their own thing.

When I was in the building (you know what I mean) I never ever felt disconnected from the outside world once I entered the place, everything was the same outside, the rain, the foggy atmosphere..., the dead soldiers with their bodies under 30 centimeters of water (that also was super realistic, the water and the grass softly moving below it, a great effect, it's exactly how things like rocks look in dampened grassy areas when it pours).

This is one of the things that make this game a masterpiece, in my opinion. The non differentiation between outside and inside areas gives this game credibility that others don't have.

Use the Dsoup majestic, splenderous, radiant tactic . :D Quen sign and roll/dodge are your friends (my initial tactic was Igni on everything, but I learnt better). Survival of the fittest. The monsters will hit hard, food in lengthy quests will be scarce... so the extra defense of Quen and fighting skills are a must.
I'm still using Igni for routine fights but for the tougher battlers I'm getting better milage using Quen, which makes staying alive easier. I think I'm fully upgrading Quen from this point on - fully upgraded you can apparently maintain Quen indefinitely - well as long as you have vitality. This sounds pretty handy to me and at some point I have to face the Wild Hunt :runaway:

Haven't played at all today, hope to get some play time tomorrow.

I'm still using Igni for routine fights but for the tougher battlers I'm getting better milage using Quen, which makes staying alive easier. I think I'm fully upgrading Quen from this point on - fully upgraded you can apparently maintain Quen indefinitely - well as long as you have vitality. This sounds pretty handy to me and at some point I have to face the Wild Hunt :runaway:

Haven't played at all today, hope to get some play time tomorrow.
Play some Gwent, for a few minutes and relax. I am going to miss Gwent whenever I beat all the players around. Luckily, I just have beaten very few of them.
Wouldn't Igni give you cooked meat ;)
:) do you mean sear minute steak? I have some fried goods afaik. What about duck a l'orange? Orange said in French, emphasising the r, more like orrrr--r-range, very sophisticated food for those who are into modern etiquette.

Last edited:
quick note: I discovered yesterday that you can confront baddies that are ashore from your boat using the crossbow if you are at the helm of it and you don't even need to aim at all, the arrow will automatically go after the enemies in the shore. They will never touch you. The problem with this tactic is that it takes a lot of time, because the damage output is very low.

Play some Gwent, for a few minutes and relax. I am going to miss Gwent whenever I beat all the players around. Luckily, I just have beaten very few of them.
I think I'll wait until I've completed the main quest line. I recall getting sidetracked for much of one Saturday with poker and liar's dice in Red Dead Redemption. Liar's dice in particular hooked me. :yep2:

Cool find, I found a fossil from a whale, but it's in White Orchard, easy as pie to spot. Are you getting used to the controls? I changed the sensibility of the camera as Dsoup suggested -to 0.57 in my case-, it works like a charm and during combat it makes your life easier and everything feels more *steady* because the camera doesn't move around much.

I set camera sensitivity at max, it's a habit of mine and it's fine for me.
The high latency e sign selection are still very problematic.
Really so many times I press a button and nothing happens or it literally happens seconds later.
I am perfectly used to the higher latency of 30fps games but here it's really beyond my tolerance level.

I still keep playing but I don't fight enemies for fun because I simply know that I won't have fun because of the controls and due to the unbalanced/shallow combat.

Last edited:
Haha I promised myself today that I would do story missions and not run after question marks on the map but as it happens I found myself wandering far to the edges of the map... And guess what, I sneaked into a guarded treasure map area which had a level 29 beast. I being level 10 or 11 it was exceptionally exceptionally gratifying to steal the treasure from right under his nose without defeating him. Poor monster, the purpose of your life has been defeated by an under levelled thief:LOL: ! Go to the hermit on the blue mountain and weep there ! :D :LOL:

Turns out they are the diagrams for a Witcher gear Ursine or something. I can craft it now but I don't think I can wear it until I reach level 34. [emoji14]

Turns out they are the diagrams for a Witcher gear Ursine or something. I can craft it now but I don't think I can wear it until I reach level 34. [emoji14]
There are several witcher armour sets including griffin (medium), feline/cat (light) and bear (heavy). I'm decked out in feline with matching swords and each item in the feline set gives a 5% increase to attack power a bunch of resistances to different types of damage. I don't know about the other sets but feline is a set that is good for lvl 14 and up.

The nice thing is the sets are upgradable, so at 20 I'll upgrade to enhanced feline (with a new look) and later at around lvl 28 to superior feline. Your old armour is part of the ingredients for the new set.

The feline set (the armour set is one loot, separate kills and loots for steel and silver swords) was pretty easy to obtain at lvl 14 although the quest was rated lvl 17.

I took a potion of clearance today and re-spec'd my skills a bit. I have Igni Tier 1 (5/5) and Tier 2 (3/3) and I've taken Quen Tier 1 (3/3) and Tier 2 (3/3) which means I can maintain my Quen shield pretty much indefinitely. I also have Axii Tier 1 (3/3) and Tier 2 (2/3) which lets me mind control things, which is tremendous fun although not so much for the harpies who were my practice targets :mrgreen:

I've also taken Fast Attack Tier 1 (5/5) and Heavy Attack Tier 1 (2/5). I'm finding this quite well rounded and I'm happy with my signs capabilities for the moment so I'll be investing more in sword skills as that's what I'm using the most.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you get into into the dungeons below temple Isle? I want the feline set as well but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get into the place?

How do you get into into the dungeons below temple Isle? I want the feline set as well but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get into the place?

The cave is actually up high near the city level and there is a little path you can drop down to from, what I recall, is approximately south-east of the entrance. The path is clearly visible from outside a nearby building. If you need something more specific and I'll find the building/path spot and post a screenshot.

The cave is actually up high near the city level and there is a little path you can drop down to from, what I recall, is approximately south-east of the entrance. The path is clearly visible from outside a nearby building. If you need something more specific and I'll find the building/path spot and post a screenshot.

Also there is a place of power in Novigrad, it's the northern-most ? there. Can't believed I didn't spot it earlier. So many unexplored ? on the map, I wonder how many free ability points I've overlooked!

There are several witcher armour sets including griffin (medium), feline/cat (light) and bear (heavy). I'm decked out in feline with matching swords and each item in the feline set gives a 5% increase to attack power a bunch of resistances to different types of damage. I don't know about the other sets but feline is a set that is good for lvl 14 and up.

The nice thing is the sets are upgradable, so at 20 I'll upgrade to enhanced feline (with a new look) and later at around lvl 28 to superior feline. Your old armour is part of the ingredients for the new set.

The feline set (the armour set is one loot, separate kills and loots for steel and silver swords) was pretty easy to obtain at lvl 14 although the quest was rated lvl 17.

I took a potion of clearance today and re-spec'd my skills a bit. I have Igni Tier 1 (5/5) and Tier 2 (3/3) and I've taken Quen Tier 1 (3/3) and Tier 2 (3/3) which means I can maintain my Quen shield pretty much indefinitely. I also have Axii Tier 1 (3/3) and Tier 2 (2/3) which lets me mind control things, which is tremendous fun although not so much for the harpies who were my practice targets :mrgreen:

I've also taken Fast Attack Tier 1 (5/5) and Heavy Attack Tier 1 (2/5). I'm finding this quite well rounded and I'm happy with my signs capabilities for the moment so I'll be investing more in sword skills as that's what I'm using the most.
Hmmm.....I crafted the Griffin armour, as that's what I found. I am wearing the griffin armour in chestpiece, trousers and boots. Gauntlets are some Axehunter one's. I am not aware of the set bonuses though. Will chk it out. And will see what I find later. The Ursine one I found the diagrams for seems to be super high level. I will keep it ready for when the time comes :cool: !

As for the build, iseem to be going towards the same build as urs except the Quen sign, which I haven't paid attention to yet. Otherwise , ur build is exactly what I was aiming for, almost there. Instead of Quen, I seem to be going for Yrden(magic trap) as that seems to come very handy as all damage is amplified when targets are inside it. So, the combo effect multiplies manyfold. Especially, if I set fire to the target as my signs are already amplified by 41% or something and my sword spews poison.

What are u using in the 'general' category of skills? The one coloured light brown/golden.

I got my copy two days ago or so.
I've been playing it nearly non stop, I'm struggling to see
why anyone complained about the visuals.

What are u using in the 'general' category of skills? The one coloured light brown/golden.
None at the moment. When I first began I invested in Sun and Stars (additional 10 points region per second during daylight hours) because I think it'd save on having to keep track of food but it's really that useful. At it's best it'll region 600 points a minute. When my next ability slot opens I'll be getting Cat School Techniques (each piece of light armour increased critical damage by 25% and fast attack damage by 5%) which will be massive given I'm decked out in cat.

I'm about 10% from level 16 and the next ability slot doesn't unlock until lvl 18. Arguably Cat School Techniques would be a better skill to take than Firestorm (Igni Tier 2) but I like firing sparks at things :yep2: Quen is now super useful. By maxing Tier 2 (Active Shield) you can sustain an bubble around you indefinitely so if things are going bad, Quen shield and eat some food while things bounce off your shield. It saved my arse against some lvl 25 foglets who took exception to me exploring their village.

Back