Frostbite 3 moves to physically-based rendering

On some part ( ~ 4:00 ). if i had not seen the rest of the trailer, it will have make me think to GTA5... or a possible SleepingDog in Los Angeles.

I got the feeling that the multiplayer part will be really close of BF4, but the campaign / story part seems way different. ( dont know if they have done 2 story, one on the criminal side and one on the police side ).

The Hardline beta on Xbox One is running at 720p and the overall image quality is terrible. It's a shame really since it's a fun game but perhaps frostbite 3 is too much for the Xbox? BF4 which also ran at 720p and looks better.
Perhaps Visceral didn't add anything to the engine since launch?

My guess BF: Hardline is using the same engine that BF4 did (plus bug fixes). It's also coming out on 360/PS3 so it makes sense to use a stable version of the cross-gen engine, especially for a smaller team. The game was also supposed to have been released last year so I doubt major revisions were even in the plan. I'm sure they wanted to provide better performance, but sometimes business and schedule decisions dictate what you can get done and when.

btw on my PC hardline also lighter than BF4. Dunno thats a performance optimization or simply because hardline looks bad.

On some part ( ~ 4:00 ). if i had not seen the rest of the trailer, it will have make me think to GTA5... or a possible SleepingDog in Los Angeles.

I had felt the same way. The beggining of this trailer is extremely similar to GTAV's first gameplay trailer.

Working with ILM certainly has paid off. The early work presented at E3 last year certainly shows this:

iWlcsQTQi7nxU.png

iNORMqlzzdAi3.png

iUyjeN2oXw2Yc.png

The technology to make this level of graphics (or at least very close) is already supported by many engines BUT most game artists still have no clue about how to make the best use of it yet. Having ILM share their know-how with DICE instantly boosted them ahead of the competition. Same could be said about Star Wars 1313 which in 2012 already looked fantastic and it was built on UE3:

ibj8hstJGlab4K.jpg

P.S. I should browse this sub-forum more often lol.

Well Im sure you all have watched the Battlefront trailer, any thoughts? How close will the PS4 will get to that at 60fps? Theres also a question of 1080p or 900p?

Does anyone know much of the PBR that Wargaming is using on World of Tanks?
I believe they did a presentation on it at a conference but not sure which, possibly some out-of-box solution?
But they are using their own game engine so not entirely out-of-box.

Its not widely talked about in the WoT community but they have a special Garage up at the moment & its quite amazing how good looking it makes a lot of even very old models.

They are currently part way through 'HD' conversions of tanks including some using photogrammetric techniques eg http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/hd-is3/
The pre-existing older models have a range of quality with a bunch of the oldest being pretty low poly/res while newer pre-HD ones have significantly higher poly & texture quality, don't really need much work to bring them up to HD.

pretty good dev diary for Battlefront. Im disappointed that Dolby Atmos is only a PC feature.
Xbox One and PS4 have very powerful audio chips so i don't see why its not possible.

At first I thought it was a pre-rendered teaser but the lack of proper reflections gave it away. Looks great. Shaders in particular look much better than what's been shown of Battlefront.

Back