The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

I entered Velen. I find it difficult to judge if I should tackle one of those question mark missions or not...just entered a dungeon and faced a monster which one-hitted me. I managed to escape...but I am wondering how I should decide if a question mark mission is suited or not? Is it just trial and error?

Which type of missions give the best XP?

Out of curiosity at what difficulty are you guys playing it?
Much of the faults that I pointed out become apparent and truly game-breaking only at higher difficulies.

I am playing on normal. If the combat is not functional or broken on hard, then that could be a valid issue but I wouldn't know.

Just crafted my first elite armour: a Griffin armour :) !

Last edited:
I entered Velen. I find it difficult to judge if I should tackle one of those question mark missions or not...just entered a dungeon and faced a monster which one-hitted me. I managed to escape...but I am wondering how I should decide if a question mark mission is suited or not? Is it just trial and error?
Any mission, which is most, that appear in the quest log will have a level against it. But if you're out in the wild and come up against something, take out your sword, put up Quen, then approach slowly with Witcher Sense and you opponents level will appear as you get close enough - hopefully before it agros! ;)

Which type of missions give the best XP?
Doing quests and killing things higher than your level gives the best experience. Challenging quests (level-wise) and kills grant more experience than easy ones. I've picked up every quest I've come across and done every one once 3-4 levels reach.

Any mission, which is most, that appear in the quest log will have a level against it. But if you're out in the wild and come up against something, take out your sword, put up Quen, then approach slowly with Witcher Sense and you opponents level will appear as you get close enough - hopefully before it agros! ;)

Doing quests and killing things higher than your level gives the best experience. Challenging quests (level-wise) and kills grant more experience than easy ones. I've picked up every quest I've come across and done every one once 3-4 levels reach.
Additionally, some missions give more experience depending on your decisions. For instance, in Velen
when you find some children in an abandoned hut, if you give them food you don't get extra experience, but if you give them some coins, you gain a little extra experience
. Same with others.

Don't take bribes, it usually works in your favour.

I can't play high level content with my character at this difficulty level -hard-, and I invested everything on alchemy -gotta respect as soon as I can 'cos the signs need some love too-, so when my character is more balanced I'll go for some "grey" mission, never over +3 levels above my character anyways.

Where is this place @RenegadeRocks

New free DLC announced this week. A new quest, and...Yennefer. :love::love:

the_witcher_3-2940400.jpg

"Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay" - er, where else could performance be improved? :D
The map and inventory UI lag like a moth.. like something that lags a lot. But I've not noticed hitches during cutscenes. Maybe that 7200k drive is paying off. Stuff popping in within the first second though, yeah.

But all fixes are good. We took a break about 90 mins back. Tempted to give it another hour. We've spent the last 15-20 hours doing The Novigrad quests. We had to ride to Oxenfurt for one, which is a place we'd not been too before, and it was weird being out in the country again.

Holy shit: just found out by accident that I can swipe up the DS touch pad to directly jump to the world map...lol, took me 6h to find out :)

Pay attention, man! I posted this ages ago.

You can also go straight to the inventory to holding the touchpad down.

Holy shit: just found out by accident that I can swipe up the DS touch pad to directly jump to the world map...lol, took me 6h to find out :)
Yes and once in the map or inventory a quick press on the touch pad will get you directly back to the game.

Really convenient.

@Cjail I just found a dead whale too, but it's not Nessie: she is on a shore, her belly open...

While wandering in Valen I have found a whale carcass at the bottom of a lake...I called her/it Nessie :yep2:
Cool find, I found a fossil from a whale, but it's in White Orchard, easy as pie to spot. Are you getting used to the controls? I changed the sensibility of the camera as Dsoup suggested -to 0.57 in my case-, it works like a charm and during combat it makes your life easier and everything feels more *steady* because the camera doesn't move around much.

I've completed one of the best quests I've ever played in a videogame, :oops::oops:it's the
A Towerful of Mice
quest, in Velen.

The voice acting is superb, everything is superb, and it is a beautiful, heartrending story. The atmosphere is out of this world (if you played that story with 3D glasses or VR glasses, you'd feel lots of sensations and feelings). Whether right or wrong, I decided to stick to my choices, let's see what happens.

I've completed one of the best quests I've ever played in a videogame, :oops::oops:it's the
A Towerful of Mice
quest, in Velen.
This is a good quest and there are a few related quests that serve as follow-up as well.

I've not yet encountered a quest that wasn't good. Some are funny, some are tragic, some genuinely made me want to kill somebody initially, then change my mind when I hear their side. I hope that the Witcher 3's popularity gives Bethesda cause to think more about their side quests in Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

Did some of the main quests in Velen and some of the side quests. This gives much more XP compared to the question mark missions...now lvl 10.

Game is to massive! I have now 70 question marks on my map, and about 20 additional other missions...lol, just played a main mission which lasts now over 2h already...and still not finished with it!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05...on-xbox-one-bigger-font-devs-talk-expansions/

30fps frame lock coming for Xbox One for their next patch. lol, @Cyan, you sure DF didn't just do Xbox One fans a favour?
There goes the 33fps superior version...
We shall see, I am very sensitive to framerate. If it is totally stable like 99-100% of the time while in-game, that version is the superior one.

Some tips for those playing at hard or the hardest difficulty levels. The game becomes rewarding and kinda realistic (you need to look for your own food), but you are in for a tough start. This is from my many hours in White Orchard.

- Food: You'll feel sorry for them but use Igni on gooses, cows, goats, sheep, does, deer, wolves, etc etc etc. Better yet, stay in front of the inn in White Orchard, meditate, let the "food" regenerate --Goose and cows are near, Igni on them. Raw meat aplenty!!! You will totally totally need it. Raw Meat kept me alive the entire game for the most part, but now I don't have any supplies so I need to go back to Orchard.

- Money: Tomira loves honeycombs and she pays well for them. So don't eat the honeycombs -raw meat (always), wolf liver, etc-. Pick up flowers!! A lot, it will pay off. You won't need as many for brewing potions and stuff. BUT...those flowers can be sold to Tomira. And when you have hundreds, money will come in.

The thing is..., Tomira has very little money, usually (while writing this something occurred to me that maybe other merchants buy flowers and have more money...) :) , like 81 orens, so you have to sell her the flowers and the honeycomb in limited quantities. Then Meditate. In my experience, I tested, she regenerates her money when you Meditate 5 days, just deducting one hour of meditation each day.

- Signs: I had to respec my character, buying the potion from Keira. It was too focused on alchemy. Buffed the signs instead, Quen, Axii -pretty cool, if you always have been like me the negotiator type in RPGs-.

Use the Dsoup majestic, splenderous, radiant tactic . :D Quen sign and roll/dodge are your friends (my initial tactic was Igni on everything, but I learnt better). Survival of the fittest. The monsters will hit hard, food in lengthy quests will be scarce... so the extra defense of Quen and fighting skills are a must.

- Survival: Shores are friendly places for a witcher. You can lure the monsters to the shores of a lake, the sea, or whatever, but they don't fight on water.

So draw them in, head to the water, learn where they turn back and Igni on them when they are in the limit zone. Won a few battles against the mighty odds that way.

I still die, but not as often.

Back