Wolfenstein: The New Order

Ugh, the pricing of digital games is killing me. I would have had this as one of my first purchases but I'm not swapping any more discs once I'm done with GTA V and MCC, and it literally hurts me.. literally, I get pains thinking about how the game is $20 if I walk into Best Buy and it's $60 if I want to download it.

DLC looks great but I don't know what "stand alone" DLC means. I would take that to mean you don't need the original game at all, I'm pretty sure this isn't the case.

Game has been on sale pretty cheap in the Xbox Store many times.

One of my best games of 2014 will soon get 20$ standalone DLC for PC and nextgen [no oldgen] called Wolfenstein: The Old Blood that will cover two missions set before the start of The New Order. :D Game will be out on May 5 and first gameplay session will be shown in a few days on Pax East.

16085395354_5362a49723_h.jpg

xfoesc.jpg

vqtpkr.jpg

bxwziu.jpg
New gameplay video of Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, PS4 version.

So, like, I'm the only one playing The Old Blood?

It's got the intensity, the fascinating locations, the texture pop-in, and some really nice voice work I must say. Looks pretty good overall. I especially like the downtime when I can wander the locations for a bit. I dig the creepy alternate history.

Last edited:
It's on my list to buy, but I have Witcher now so most likely this one will wait for its first sale. I loved previous Wolfenstein!

I'm playing this in the PC and the textures seem terrible when seen up close.
Is this also happening with the console version?

I'm playing this in the PC and the textures seem terrible when seen up close.
Is this also happening with the console version?

Guess so, but it's still a lot of fun to play an old school shooter like this game. I tried to finish Old Blood this weekend, not there yet. Game is amazing
in terms of pacing and over the top fights.

Guess so, but it's still a lot of fun to play an old school shooter like this game. I tried to finish Old Blood this weekend, not there yet. Game is amazing
in terms of pacing and over the top fights.

Good to hear as I picked it up on Steam Sale :)

Just need to finish The Witcher 3 first and this can take me few more hours (90h+ in the game and maybe 60% in) and then I'm all over Wolf!
Loved previous one with excellent art design and really good shooting mechanics!

Yeah as with Rage it looks gorgeous as long as you don't get too close. Just a drawback of the idTech5 engine.

Thanks link06 for the pics. The New Order looks really beautiful and, to some people, along with The Old Blood and Doom, iD have made the best FPSs of this generation. I am only missing Doom, but when it is on sale and if I have the money it will be mine!

YDw7LhT.jpg

QAOlFEF.jpg

Back