Diablo 3 - Gamepad Edition

Just getting around to this game new, and the drop rate is way too good on console editions. I'm streamrolling my way through the first two acts on Expert. I've used one health potion. It's way too easy to the point that makes it boring. The game won't let me turn the difficulty up any higher. You have to beat it once to get harder difficulties. I'm a level 42 crusader in act 2, and I'm mostly equipped with legendaries with a few rare items. Haven't touched a non-magic item.

Did they just put the game on easy-mode for console players, or is the PC version this easy? Diablo2 was a lot more fun to play through the campaign, because it was challenging.

Just getting around to this game new, and the drop rate is way too good on console editions. I'm streamrolling my way through the first two acts on Expert. I've used one health potion. It's way too easy to the point that makes it boring. The game won't let me turn the difficulty up any higher. You have to beat it once to get harder difficulties. I'm a level 42 crusader in act 2, and I'm mostly equipped with legendaries with a few rare items. Haven't touched a non-magic item.

Did they just put the game on easy-mode for console players, or is the PC version this easy? Diablo2 was a lot more fun to play through the campaign, because it was challenging.
The game is challenging enough. I am sure you can start the game at any difficulty you want and increase it from there. BUT you can only increase the difficulty settings one notch per session.

A friend of mine, new to the game too, completed the game a few weeks ago in Torment 3...!!! :oops::oops::oops:and I had a very very hard time beating it on Torment 1, with my DH, sometimes having to tone down the difficulty to Master. I started at normal, but difficulty doesn't work like in Diablo 2 where you started at Normal, Nightmare, Hell...

I am sure you might have missed something. Are you playing the XO version?

The game is challenging enough. I am sure you can start the game at any difficulty you want and increase it from there. BUT you can only increase the difficulty settings one notch per session.

A friend of mine, new to the game too, completed the game a few weeks ago in Torment 3...!!! :oops::oops::oops:and I had a very very hard time beating it on Torment 1, with my DH, sometimes having to tone down the difficulty to Master. I started at normal, but difficulty doesn't work like in Diablo 2 where you started at Normal, Nightmare, Hell...

I am sure you might have missed something. Are you playing the XO version?

Yah, I'm playing Xbox One. I have it set on Expert. The problem is you can't turn it up to Master or higher until you've finished the entire game once. If it would just let me set a higher difficulty, the game would be a lot more fun.

Yah, I'm playing Xbox One. I have it set on Expert. The problem is you can't turn it up to Master or higher until you've finished the entire game once. If it would just let me set a higher difficulty, the game would be a lot more fun.
Hmmmm, okay, you have a point there. The highest difficulty setting is being easy for you, I see. I think that the difficulty setting can be tuned when you beat Diablo --the boss, not the game. That's how I remember playing Diablo 3, and in the Act V I layed on Torment sometimes, much to my dismay.

Expert and Master where quite difficult for me, died a few times with my Demon Hunter. What class is your character?

I'd assume the console version is easier and drop rates are higher but even on PC Expert isn't really much of a challenge. Once you know the game well you can faceroll all the way through Master. At the moment my wife and I are levelling up our Crusaders in Season 3 on Master and it's only a problem with not doing enough damage more than anything else. The outliers of course being tough combinations of affixes for elites.

Torment is really where the game starts being fun and challenging and where you really start learning how to better set your skill combinations and combine legendaries in a smart and synergistic way. Working your way up Torment levels is a matter of finding the right equipment for your builds and experimenting with slight differences in choices for skills and gear.

Why don't you increase the difficulty further?

In my first playthrough I always increased the difficulty as much as possible. Ended with T1 after I finished RoS extension...

oh I will once I hit 61 and get some new weapons/equipment. It's all about efficiency. If I can survive T1 but it takes an eon to kill the average elite, then there's no use as the xp/hour or elite kills/hour would be very low.

Why don't you increase the difficulty further?

In my first playthrough I always increased the difficulty as much as possible. Ended with T1 after I finished RoS extension...

The game won't let me. Highest I can select is Expert. Master is grayed out. I looked online and it said you can only select Master or higher once you've completed the game. Had you imported a character or profile from the PC?

Hmmmm, okay, you have a point there. The highest difficulty setting is being easy for you, I see. I think that the difficulty setting can be tuned when you beat Diablo --the boss, not the game. That's how I remember playing Diablo 3, and in the Act V I layed on Torment sometimes, much to my dismay.

Expert and Master where quite difficult for me, died a few times with my Demon Hunter. What class is your character?

My character is a Crusader. I'm getting close to the end of act 2. I'm hoping act 3 will start to ramp up, but so far I think my drops are keeping me ahead of the difficulty curve.

My character is a Crusader. I'm getting close to the end of act 2. I'm hoping act 3 will start to ramp up, but so far I think my drops are keeping me ahead of the difficulty curve.
Ah well, drops aside, that might explain a good chunk of it. In order to level up quickly I made rifts with friends using a Crusader on Torment 2-3 at level 22 -I was level 190 paragon from my Demon Hunter experience, though, which helps- and she held up really well!

Plus, the friend helping me had a Crusader himself and he completed the game on Torment 3! At level 70... I remember that no matter how good the items were, my Demon Hunter had a hard time on Master and Torment while playing the campaign.

I got to level 70 in Act V and dropping the difficulty from Torment to Master was a common occurrence. The thing with the Crusader is that it has incredible amounts of defense and very good defensive skills.

If I remember correctly, you will be able to modify the difficulty setting of your game after beating the stages of the vanilla game. I could be wrong, but once you beat Diablo you are good to go.

I'm pretty sure the main reason console version is easier is because nephalem globes give you a double damage buff and multi kills gives you a lot more exp than PC version. Also, console version characters have a faster move speed.

I beat the boss at the end of act2 by standing in front of him and tanking him. He never even moved my health bar. I'm wearing exclusively rare and legendary gear. Most items I get have either health on hit or life per second. I was able to beat him and he never dropped my health below 90%.

When I play I don't even bother picking up the double damage orbs. They make the fights go a little faster, but I don't need them. Most enemies I'm able to kill with ease anyway.

The drop rate and the difficulty are way out of line. They either needed to keep all of the difficulties unlocked from the start, or massively reduce the drop rate at lower levels. The game is totally broken, and it's not fun. At this point I'm just grinding to get to 70 so I can end game with my friends. That will actually be fun and challenging.

The game won't let me. Highest I can select is Expert. Master is grayed out. I looked online and it said you can only select Master or higher once you've completed the game. Had you imported a character or profile from the PC?

for me it was like this: if you start a game with a certain difficulty, the only change you are allowed to do during this play session is one difficulty up.

But when you go in the main menu and hit resume, you can choose the difficulty again and increase it further...

for me it was like this: if you start a game with a certain difficulty, the only change you are allowed to do during this play session is one difficulty up.

But when you go in the main menu and hit resume, you can choose the difficulty again and increase it further...
He hasn't finished the game once yet therefore can't go any higher difficulty.

He hasn't finished the game once yet therefore can't go any higher difficulty.
Still, my experience with the game is different than his, and I think the Crusader's excellent defensive skills help a lot with Scott_Arm's character. My Demon Hunter died many many times in my 1st playthrough --story mode. She even dies with relative ease now, at level 201 paragon.

Btw, two level 10000 characters joined a game I created. They opened a portal to get a Greater Rift keystone... Craziest thing I've ever done in this game.

I think we got to the Wave 50+. It was crazy... When we started a Greater Rift run with that keystone monsters were so high level that they killed me with a single hit every time!!

They cleared the Greater Rift in a few minutes, but I just kept following them at a distance after dying a few times. I went from paragon level 198 to 201 in no time thanks to that rift.

When they killed the rift boss I'd swear I had never seen a monster dropping green and golden stuff ever in my life.

Caps at Expert until you've completed the game once. Straight from Blizzard:

When you start up a game of Diablo III, you’ll be able to select the difficulty level you’d like to play on. By default, Normal, Hard, and Expert are available. You’ll unlock Master difficulty when any of your characters completes the game, and Torment difficulty when any of your characters reaches level 60.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty

Just finished Act IV, which is the original campaign that launched with the game. I'd rate the console version a 2/5. It's way too easy, the story is bad, the fun of drops is totally ruined by the super-high drop rate, and the maps are way too big and repetitive. I liked Diablo 2s shorter campaign, with enemy respawn much better. It barely had a story, and that was fine. It was fun to grind for rare items, and challenge yourself each time you bumped the difficulty. My first play of Diablo 3 was pretty awful. Wish I'd played it at launch on PC, but I didn't have a suitable computer. Console campaign is not worth $60.

Next up is the expansion act, but it's looking to be the same so far.

cleaned my PC to prepare for W3 and.. no wonder it oftn reach 90C on idle. The CPU Retentian Bracket is broken lol.

anybody playing on PC with low spec? something like radeon hd 7700 + Phenom II 4 cres...

Just finished Act IV, which is the original campaign that launched with the game. I'd rate the console version a 2/5. It's way too easy, the story is bad, the fun of drops is totally ruined by the super-high drop rate, and the maps are way too big and repetitive. I liked Diablo 2s shorter campaign, with enemy respawn much better. It barely had a story, and that was fine. It was fun to grind for rare items, and challenge yourself each time you bumped the difficulty. My first play of Diablo 3 was pretty awful. Wish I'd played it at launch on PC, but I didn't have a suitable computer. Console campaign is not worth $60.

Can you increase the difficulty in the expansion now?

Yup thats how the game is on the first playthrough. I don't think its about the console version. Thats how the game is, cos I had raised the same points in the PC section when it first launched on ps3 and everyone there agreed to it. THey say the first playthrough is "training wheels" difficulty, but IMO its way too easy. I hardly had to do anything, even on bosses it was just a plain ride of no tactics. The actual game opens up only after you are done with the campaign and can up the difficulty. Thats when the game gets fun ! Also, the expansion is anyways better thn the game and also has some actual Bosses which have a moveset instead of the base game's bosses which were completely uninspired and , well, lame.

But, don't worry, game gets fun after level 6o or so. Up the difficulty in the expansion and have fun :) !

Back