DirectX 12: The future of it within the console gaming space (specifically the XB1)

Square Enix's DX12 Realtime demo:

Some captures from the video.

insidepost.png

insidepost2.png

This is the PC used in the event: :oops::rolleyes:

eZN0swh.png

What I find kind of strange is that AMD contracts with Sony and MS hasn't produced any halo like affect in the PC space. I would of thought that any console port into PC space would be dev'd and demoed with AMD based machine. But this is the second time, I've seen someone making noise over a DX12 port of their title and demoing on nvidia based machines. The first was MS and forza.

What I find kind of strange is that AMD contracts with Sony and MS hasn't produced any halo like affect in the PC space. I would of thought that any console port into PC space would be dev'd and demoed with AMD based machine. But this is the second time, I've seen someone making noise over a DX12 port of their title and demoing on nvidia based machines. The first was MS and forza.
nvidia is a mafia. Also they embed their people into gamedev teams.

Could it be that crossfire doesnt support 4 cards ?
It may do but I cant recall ever seeing a 4 card amd rig ?

edit:
the above is wrong (wish there was a delete post button)

Brought from the gamin journalism thread..."SMSrenderteam" (developer of Project Cars)

- We stated that high numbers of AI could cause CPU bound scenario's on XB1 and we used the 7th core to eliminate these cases.

I dont get this quote...presumably this is in relation to PS4 right? Since doesn't the X1 always have lower frame rate than PS4 in this game? Since PS4 has lower CPU clock, and by all accounts 6 CPU's available, I dont understand. Was thinking maybe Cars was developed under still draw call hindered, pre-DX 12 XO SDK?

I dont get this quote...presumably this is in relation to PS4 right? Since doesn't the X1 always have lower frame rate than PS4 in this game? Since PS4 has lower CPU clock, and by all accounts 6 CPU's available, I dont understand. Was thinking maybe Cars was developed under still draw call hindered, pre-DX 12 XO SDK?
I don't know the answer to all your questions - but I can assure you its not DX12. They are still discussing whether the engine will move to DX12.

Revisiting the DF interview with the Metro devs on Redux (sorry on mobile so no link) where they explained that some things a literally were a million times slower on Xbox One. If there are still overheads like this (albeit improved) then even with a higher clock they may be running up against the CPU budget.

Brought from the gamin journalism thread..."SMSrenderteam" (developer of Project Cars)

Don't forget that devs are all under NDAs. They are eager to speak about the 7th core of XB1 CPU only because that information is not anymore under strict NDA after the SDK leak.

Generally If you don't understand, you can assume you lack pertinent information.

Interesting he thinks Vulcan may be a thing on Sony's console because "in the real world" people don't write PS4 specific code "right" using their low level API. If this is the case, I look forward to when people are doing it right! Also the man doesn't seem to know that 5K monitors have been out for ages. Since last year in fact.

No new info on DX12 unless I missed something subtle.

he speaks from the experience of working with low level api's like dx12 and vulkan, and he clearly has developers close to him that are writing code for both and for consoles.. ... so I tend to listen to him ...

Also he definitely sounds like an approved spokesperson for AMD HW, on numerous times AMD have called him out in agreement with his observations ..

Back