The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

New trailer...with dismemberment:runaway:
That, is an awesome trailer. I am surprised that the 'gore' hasn't got more coverage as in the PC footage released I've seen a ton of decapitations, limbs being sliced off, one guy cleaved from shoulder to midriff and plenty of swords through the head (a favourite animation of my in Shadow of Mordor: Orc Torture Simulator).

Bloodbore didn't quench my thirst for, well, blood so I think I might just get this one.
I think you might be buying this game for the wrong reason :yes:

In addition, spotted this GIF this morning - neat display of the physics in action from the PS4 version. Exploding barrels: Gerald goes old school while using his Jedi push powers :runaway:

MajorSpanishDassierat.gif

Bloodbore didn't quench my thirst for, well, blood so I think I might just get this one.

And not the nudity? Er, wait. I don't think the console versions got the uncensored version of The Witcher 2, so they might not get that for The Witcher 3 either.

The Witcher series has never pulled any punches. It always has been and always will be a very adult oriented game. Some of my friends refer to them jokingly as "slut" simulators since Geralt sleeps with so many women during the games.

Regards,
SB

And not the nudity? Er, wait. I don't think the console versions got the uncensored version of The Witcher 2, so they might not get that for The Witcher 3 either.

There's a GAF thread on this and CDPR have commented as well. Anybody buying the PC version from GOG gets a censorship free version because there is only one version. For other distributions it will depend on your local rating authority. So Australians will certainly get short changed (or have to wait six months), as will some Middle Eastern countries with forthright views about naked women, but mostly everywhere else will get an uncensored experience.

It's not exactly "hardcore super sex" as Alan Partridge would say.

That, is an awesome trailer. I am surprised that the 'gore' hasn't got more coverage as in the PC footage released I've seen a ton of decapitations, limbs being sliced off, one guy cleaved from shoulder to midriff and plenty of swords through the head (a favourite animation of my in Shadow of Mordor: Orc Torture Simulator).

The various finishing moves in Shadow of Mordor where so satisfying :yes:

I think you might be buying this game for the wrong reason :yes:

I know.
It's just that combat in these videos looks entertaining.

@Cyan what the heck was that?

@DieH@rd the colour style need major overhaul for Witcher to looks like that. Maybe with a mod.
Nothing at all, just something in my mind, sifting through me, and telling me to post those images. I was about to leave the comment after writing the initial line but then I added photos and stuff and felt guilty but it took me some time, so...

CD Projekt can't hide their enthusiasm and excitement at future games on the new consoles because they are impressed at what they achieved in just 18 months after the consoles have been released.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/the_w...ekt_excited_for_the_next_couple_of_years.html

Love the gore in that video, now it really is the unlicensed Game of Thrones game.

The combat animations also look much, much better than the Witcher 2 or any other RPG for that matter - especially since it will be more flee flowing and less stilted than the timing based combat in Assassin's Creed, Shadows of Mordor, Batman etc.

The Conan demo was still PC footage ;(
LOL

Witcher 3: Xbox One Version in the Wild ? Not in the wild? What is the correct term here?

The Conan demo was still PC footage ;(
LOL

Witcher 3: Xbox One Version in the Wild ? Not in the wild? What is the correct term here?
What's certain it is that it looks incredible!! I'd swear it is the Xbox One version? He is using Xbox One controller and the box is from the XO version.

His TV is so well calibrated...

Conan's Clueless Gamer on Witcher 3:

http://teamcoco.com/video/clueless-gamer-witcher-wild-hunt

I cried during the whole thing.
Direct link to Youtube video.

Last edited:
Brilliant stuff.:yes: So Witcher veterans, does Geralt have a pet crow called 'Google'?

Brilliant stuff.:yes: So Witcher veterans, does Geralt have a pet crow called 'Google'?

None that I recall.
But addressing Conan's suggestion of having sex with the Hag, there actually is an inter-species sexual encounter with a Dryad in the first game.

None that I recall. But addressing Conan's suggestion of having sex with the Hag, there actually is an inter-species sexual encounter with a Dryad in the first game.
Excellent stuff. I'm probably going to ignore the relationship stuff, I remember trying it once in GTA IV and the bitch turned out to be a fed so now I avoid fictional digital women.

Hopefully this aspect will be largely optional. I really just want to roam around, minding my own business and hacking off the limbs of anybody or anything that looks at me funny. In self defence, obviously.

Excellent stuff. I'm probably going to ignore the relationship stuff, I remember trying it once in GTA IV and the bitch turned out to be a fed so now I avoid fictional digital women.

That is my plan too but I fear that to get the Platinum I will have to have a relationship with one of the ladies.

That is my plan too but I fear that to get the Platinum I will have to have a relationship with one of the ladies.
I wonder how hard the platinum will be to obtain. The game has 36 different end states - can you imagine if there's a different trophy for each? :runaway:

For those who has not read it on GAF, the review embargo lifts next Tuesday. I'd previously seen CDPR comment that the embargo dropped the week before release but I had assumed it would be the Friday, but no - the embargo lifts a full week before launch.

YLuHt60.png

Of course whether anybody will have had enough time to write a comprehensive review is anybody's guess but I'm sure I heard Marty Silva on this week's IGN's PlayStation Beyond podcast say that somebody was at home reviewing the game. There are probably a lot of reviewers popping caffeine pills, drinking coffee and not sleeping much.

Back