The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Damien Monnier, CDPR: "And it is your job, to figure out the best way to kill them".

I have done some research and prepared the following guide.

• Arachas - sword through the head.
  • Bruxa - sword through the head.
  • Bullvore - sword through the head.
  • Dragon - sword through the head.
  • Draugir - sword through the head.
  • Drowned dead - sword through the head.
  • Drowner - sword through the head.
  • Earth elemental - sword through the head.
  • Endrega - sword through the head.
  • Evil Tree Spirit - sword through the head.
  • Fire elemental - sword through the head.
  • Greater rot fiend - sword through the head.
  • Gryffon - sword through the head.
  • Harpy - sword through the head.
  • Nekker - sword through the head.
  • Rotfiend - sword through the head.
  • Saesenthessis - sword through the head.
  • Troll - sword through the head.
  • Witch - sword through the head.
  • Wraith - sword through the head.

You're welcome. :yep2:

I'm not sure Evil Tree Spirits have heads, though...

2015-05-05%20The%20Witcher%203%20-%20Evil%20Tree%20Spirit.png

It the er.. the uhh.. ok, point taken. :yep2:

Sorry to break this news to you guys, but it's 2 (two) weeks to go!!
You can also say it's 14 days before I can put my hands on around 40GB of goodness :)

I wonder how long it will take to download it from GOG servers or if there will be pre-load few days before!

It can preload most files and only let you download final part at the launch date. But I'm not sure if they will do this or not.
Some will be able to play a little early, apparently CDPR has set the 19th May release time based on the GMT timezone so for some, like those in the Americas, they'll get to play on the 18th.

Keep them PC talks out you heretics :runaway: !

I will wait till I am done with House of Wolves, cos Witcher is something one plays exclusively. ( ANd DA Inquisition left a very bad taste in the mouth) But then MGS V is coming :runaway: and that life sucking game called No Mans Sky, thats this year too, right ! Bloodborne is also midway :runaway: ! Holy moly, is this the fucking best year of gaming or what :cool: !

Lack of any indication of release date for No Man's Sky makes me wonder if it will slip. I really hope not but there is nothing. It's only appeared on Sony's list but that includes Uncharted 4 :-/

Directfeed look at the PS4 version [all is great]
A gaffer posted a tweet from a reviewer stating that the only review copies dispatched have been for PS4 so footage was inevitable. I post above about somebody having played the Xbox One version and having a good experience so console versions seem solid, as does PC from what we've seen running exclusively on single 980s.

A gaffer posted a tweet from a reviewer stating that the only review copies dispatched have been for PS4 so footage was inevitable. I post above about somebody having played the Xbox One version and having a good experience so console versions seem solid, as does PC from what we've seen running exclusively on single 980s.
lol.
I think what's funny is all the footage so far has been all PC and PS4. Yet MS is marketing this deal with Xbox, and we haven't really seen any Xbox footage in a long time... it is a bit ironic - and slightly frightening for MS if you think about it.

The Xbox One version, according to Lazy Gamer, is good. But it is odd. Usually marketing deals show visuals from, or representative of, the platform holder with the deal.

But at be end of the day the marketing will all come emblazoned with Xbox logos.

Agreed, it's definitely that way on commercials, at least the few I have seen while I was visiting the US.

Do wish they would show something, I'm not sure what the hold up is.

It's an open world RPG with a lot of foilage, particle effects and other ROP killing reasons to not show the Xbox One version perhaps?

It's an open world RPG with a lot of foilage, particle effects and other ROP killing reasons to not show the Xbox One version perhaps?
Last gen was ditched, most of this game should be using compute shaders to offload pressure on ROPs, if the lack of ROPs is really what is killing the Xbox for this particular title.
It is a safe assumption that they haven't shown the footage because the Xbox One version is just not in presentable form (whatever that may be).

Agreed, it's definitely that way on commercials, at least the few I have seen while I was visiting the US.
When I saw Avengers Age of Ultron last month, there was a huge Xbox / Witcher 3 ad. If you didn't know better, you could assume it was an Xbox only game.

And developers and publishers surely must have an incentive to show the game at it's best. To be fair to CDPR their PCs have been equipped with 980s but not some crazy water-cooled overclocked SLI setup. For consoles, they may want the slightly sharper 1080p visuals of the PS4.

I think if the Xbox One version was scaled back, like the lack of vegetation in GTA V for example, I think those few who'd played the Xbox One version (and who must have seen tons of PC footage to notice a lack of vegetation) would have commented on this by now. As far as I'm concerned no news is goods news.

Back