GoG Galaxy

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13524

I got an invitation for the Alpha, but the Beta is already ongoing. The interface seems very clean, and it seems to run quite faster than Steam (also for the lack of functionality, of course).

There's a lot of stuff that they're promising for the final version that is just great:
- Rollback versions for game-breaking updates.
- Optional auto-updates
- DRM-free backups
- Crossplay with Steam users
- Almost all the cool features from Steam like matchmaking, achievements, stats, friends list, chat, game inviting/joining, etc.
- Features can be enabled/disabled at will.

gog beta.png

I also like the option to decide how many connections are made for the downloads. People using HDDs for games should be thankful for this.

Can you try copy the game folder somewhere then uninstall from gog Galaxy. Then copy back the game to Galaxy game folder.

Does Galaxy auto detect the copy paste game? Or if you press download, does it resume?

ItsIt's useful for people with slow Internet to easily copy paste game from friends or buy the pirated version from local shopping mall. To be used to 'download' the game.

There's a backup function and I think that backup is simply the whole game that you can play via executable file, since it's all free of DRM.

I've requested access to beta yesterday. Waiting for invitation from GOG so I can try it myself!

Also it would make downloading Witcher III so much easier :p

I just logged in to GoG for my The Witcher III voucher code and while downloading noticed I could download the Beta client. Isn't it available for everyone now?

thats awesome and should be muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch faster than steam backup
I thought with Steam you could copy over your SteamApps folder, and Steam.exe, to a new drive/PC, run Steam.exe, and in reasonably short order be up and running. Just need your user ID and password. Lol, I'm counting on it being that way, in fact, because I have my first ever SSD on its way. :)
So, if you ever copy over those two to another drive, it would be a backup of sorts?

I thought with Steam you could copy over your SteamApps folder, and Steam.exe, to a new drive/PC, run Steam.exe, and in reasonably short order be up and running. Just need your user ID and password. Lol, I'm counting on it being that way, in fact, because I have my first ever SSD on its way. :)
So, if you ever copy over those two to another drive, it would be a backup of sorts?

origin works fine like that. Steam are not always, depending on how the game save information (fixed/relative path, on registry or on config file) for steam instalation. Using steam backup will work 100%.

Back