Build 2015

Direct X 12 Advanced topics.

I'll try to post the movies as well my
Wifi on my phone was dead at the conference centre. Max will be posting sometime soon I think.

View attachment 677
Not my best shot. But this is a thread now full of handsome.
Max is a great! A most inspiring and equally likeable person.

yeah ... he's a great speaker, wished he would go on the speaking tour more :)

The GPU utilization demo on the game from China was done on a Nvidia 980. The utilization number is according to the 3D, not all queues.

The integrated unlinked demo uses a haswell GPU + Nvidia.

Thank you for the slides. I was very excited at first for my Intel HD 4000(i7 3770), but I understand now that Sandy Bridge doesn't support DX11 so this awesome feature will only apply to Haswell and beyond, correct?

Thank you for the slides. I was very excited at first for my Intel HD 4000(i7 3770), but I understand now that Sandy Bridge doesn't support DX11 so this awesome feature will only apply to Haswell and beyond, correct?
Speaking to Max: the GPU needs to be DX12 but it can have a lower feature set than 12_0.

I think some other people on the boards might be able to help answer that question.
There are going to be mobile GPUs that are only feature level 9 but directX12. So. I guess you'll need to do some reading once DX12 is officially released.

There are going to be mobile GPUs that are only feature level 9 but directX12
Possibly, if you mean mobile phone SoC's by "mobile". All PC-hardware supporting DX12 will be feature level 11_0 minimum, and not even all 11_0 hardware will support it

Direct X 12 Advanced topics.

I'll try to post the movies as well my
Wifi on my phone was dead at the conference centre. Max will be posting sometime soon I think.

View attachment 677
Not my best shot. But this is a thread now full of handsome.
Max is a great! A most inspiring and equally likeable person.
I've seen him in a video presentation of DirectX 12 following a link in this very forums -not exactly the Hardware one-, and he looked quite young in it.

A few slides and links to the Multiadapter thing.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/directx/arc...rmant-silicon-and-making-it-work-for-you.aspx

http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/DirectX-Developer-Blog/DirectX-12-Multiadapter-Unreal-Engine-4

3730.multiadapter_2D00_dx12_2D00_ue4_2D00_2.png

Multiadapter already beating single adapter at ~6 seconds

Back