The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

The only gripe I have, (if you can call that), is that their visual style is IMO over-saturated.
I hope we'll eventually get an enb that will balance the colors to a less saturated image.
Other than that, I'm very excited to get my hands on this game, and as a consequence, die from sleep deprivation. :p

The only gripe I have, (if you can call that), is that their visual style is IMO over-saturated. I hope we'll eventually get an enb that will balance the colors to a less saturated image. Other than that, I'm very excited to get my hands on this game, and as a consequence, die from sleep deprivation. :p
I like the vibrant colours but understand where you're coming from. Worst case scenario though, you can adjust your TV or monitor :yep2: This would drive me nuts but I'd do it rather than play a game with oversaturated visuals for 100-200 hours.

CDPred oversaturated W2 to hell and back, so I guess they are sticking with it again. I accept their choice, every dev has a right to pick their own art direction [black & white, cinematic aspect ratio, pissfilters, etc].

CDPred oversaturated W2 to hell and back, so I guess they are sticking with it again. I accept their choice, every dev has a right to pick their own art direction [black & white, cinematic aspect ratio, pissfilters, etc].

Yes, some of the location at the right time of day in W2 looked almost like artistic paintings.

Examples of what I mean:

Picture set 1

Picture set 2

Scroll through the pictures to get idea of medieval art and Central European fall period. The colours can be quite abstract on certain occasions during fall or in the summer after thunderstorms.

So to me this art direction is expected from Witcher game, but I do understand it might be a bit too much for some people. I'm sure there will be mods to deal with it or maybe even official DLC :D

Last edited:

Thankfully it's a bit less than the W2. That game felt like a bad LCD TV demo from the 90s, where a seemingly harmless amazonian bird, simply being in its natural habitat, was gouging your eyes out with "those bright colors"...
Not that it stopped me from almost dying from sleep deprivation.

For those who want to refresh their memory for story/visuals from first two Witcher games, here is a good retrospective
Pay attention man, these were posted two weeks back :yes:

As a Witcher virgin I watched both of these at the time but wow, both earlier games have long and deep stories and I think I'll need to watch both of these probably a couple of times more to feel like I know what's going on. Witcher 3 is supposedly set about six months after Witcher 2 and a war is gearing up.

I don't want to align myself with assholes, although it seems nothing is black and white as a Witcher.

Really looking forward to this game! :LOL:

For those who want to refresh their memory for story/visuals from first two Witcher games, here is a good retrospective [great one even for those who did not play them]:
Seen the first video some time ago. I completed TW1 after it was launched, my laptop ran it fine. TW2 is a different story, I purchased it on the PC but temps got to 99º and performance was really bad. I never played it more than a few minutes. Now I also have the X360 version forever for me, so I might complete it one day, hence the second video better kept unplayed for me.

Yes, some of the location at the right time of day in W2 looked almost like artistic paintings.

Examples of what I mean:

Picture set 1

Picture set 2

Scroll through the pictures to get idea of medieval art and Central European fall period. The colours can be quite abstract on certain occasions during fall or in the summer after thunderstorms.

So to me this art direction is expected from Witcher game, but I do understand it might be a bit too much for some people. I'm sure there will be mods to deal with it or maybe even official DLC :D
What do "polskie obrazy sredniowieczne" and "polskie pejzaże sredniowieczne" mean?

The artistic style of some images remind me of Ultima 9, save the obvious differences in the era:

ee0f862e9a4725fb8f654545172d065461137180.jpg

Ciri Gameplay from IGN

According to IGN Ciri's gameplay is meant to be more linear and action oriented.

I can't wait to see more.
That's what it seems to me from watching the video, too, more like a game from the PS2 days. Close environments and a few plants, etc.

Not the white hair girl for sure
because it's his adopted daughter
And not the one under her, 'cause it's Sera from DA:Inquisition.
Didn't know in both cases, actually. If Ciri is part of The Witcher 2 story , while I have the game, I never heard of her, 'cos it is one of those games I am yet to complete.

She was not part of any Witcher games so far. That's why many gamers don't know much about her, but she is a central character in the books.

A child of destiny who ended up in Geralt's care by the series of events, even though he did not believe in a thing such as fate. She is a "source", one of the beings born with the power to tap into the magical power that Sorcerers/Wizards use to power their spells and change reality. Because of the belief that she has "Elder Blood" in her, some believe she will took part of the most important prophecy of the Witcher universe, prophecy that heralds the end of the world.

Geralt adopted her and protected her in the most extreme ways against harm [she is a princess and last heir of a destroyed empire, and many big political players would like to have her captured/wed/dead for their own purposes, not even counting people who believe in prophecies surrounding her], old Witchers trained her to be a warrior, Triss took care of her like she was her sister, Yennefer trained her in the art of wizzardry as she was her child. She's very important in the Witcher universe.

There is also this good introduction to some charachters made on GAF not so long ago - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1030363

Last edited:

What do "polskie obrazy sredniowieczne" and "polskie pejzaże sredniowieczne" mean?

It means "Polish medieval pictures/paintings" and "Polish medieval landscape paintings".
I had one at my family home which looked beautiful, just like Witcher 3 in some places. That painting was from mid 80' as far as I knew.

BTW found this little video, together with few more on his channel about W3.

Excellent character development description and what's different in Witcher compared to other RPG's

Last edited:
Ciri Gameplay from IGN

According to IGN Ciri's gameplay is meant to be more linear and action oriented.

I can't wait to see more.

OK, last gameplay related video I watch. I've been avoiding gameplay related video's for a while now as I don't want to spoil anything, but 2 minutes showing Ciri (which I hadn't seen yet) seems harmless.

The more I see the combat the more I can see the Souls game's influence. Only not as heavy and grounded. And without the stamina resource, a lot more "spammy" with the dodging. On the one hand, I like the freedom of being able to spam dodge whenever I want. On the other hand, I like the strategy involved in managing your stamina pool in the Souls games.

Considering how quickly you can change actions (mid-action) and direction and how responsive it has to be. There's no way you could come up with an adequate animation blending scheme for this that would look at all good, IMO. And certainly not without compromising the responsiveness of the system, IMO.

Regards,
SB

Read the books!!! She's a witcher so…Teaser! Teaser! :devilish:

And I'm hoping that Ciri is the next Witcher Saga!!!:cool:
I read that The Witcher 3 is that last witcher game with Geralt as the main protagonist. Maybe Ciri is the next indeed. So @AlNets can slash as much as he wants to.

Back