Call Of Duty Black Ops 3

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is the first title for next-gen hardware in the critically acclaimed Black Ops series. Developed by Treyarch, the award-winning creator of the two most-played games in Call of Duty history. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 deploys players into a dark, twisted future where a new breed of Black Ops soldiers emerges and the lines are blurred between our own humanity and the technology we created to stay ahead, in a world where cutting-edge military robotics define warfare. With three unique game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies, providing fans with the deepest and most ambitious Call of Duty ever.

With three unique game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies, providing fans with the deepest and most ambitious Call of Duty ever.

Whats so ambitious about three modes :LOL: !

I really hope they either change everything about COd or take a break for a while. thats me, of course.

Whats so ambitious about three modes :LOL: !

I really hope they either change everything about COd or take a break for a while. thats me, of course.
Yeah COD World at War, Black ops 1&2, Ghost and Advanced Warfare all had 3 modes of play. So that aspect of the game isn't new at all. Also it looks from the promo screens I have seen they will use Exo suits like in AW.

So here's the gameplay trailer:

Not sure if going full SF with another branch of the franchise was a good idea. There's already been a lot of jokes comparing it to Deus Ex, but obviously this isn't going to be such a deep game. Still, now they're gonna have something very similar to the exo features, but I don't know how they can make it feel fresh or different.

Graphics are nice; but I think AW has the edge in overall look. Also, robot design straight from Blomkamp's Elysium, well, another interesting choice.

But man I always loved that song...

why is their DOF so aliased ?
does not look ultra inspired, but coop campaign is a big plus for me.
Let's hope MP maps will be big enough, those where too small in AW and i hated that, sold it rapidly.

Every shooter slowly turns into Crysis it seems...:)

I really don't like this future topics in my MW games. Also 'suit-style' combat is ok in Crysis, but I don't need it in every game. Lol at the bow.

Hopefully we soon get a reboot, back to the roots style COD.

PS: graphics nothing special, but hopefully 60 Hz.

Last edited:
I tried to find a reasonable high quality trailer, but those graphics look meh to me, even though it's pre-rendered ? Can't see reflections, high res textures etc...

How about Call of Duty Not so modern warfare
where they go back to ww1
I would actually prefer they go back to WW2 or an entire game dedicated to Vietnam or even the Korean war. In Cod 1, 2 and 3 the battles took place in actual history. If they don't wanna go back that far than shoot for Desert storm or Bosnia.

Not nearly as good as I expected it to be and a next gen only game no less. COD AW looked noticeably better and this whole robotic/exo/augmentation thingy is getting old now. I think COD should introduce a third faction now, maybe an advanced alien race or something? Might pass this one.

How about Call of Duty Not so modern warfare
where they go back to ww1

Yeah, I can just see it now. Charge the other trenches...dead. Restart Charge the other trenches, start to cut the barbed wire...dead. Charge the other trenches, throw dead squadmates over barbed wire, climb over corpse of dead squadmate, crap more barbed wire, dead... Next level. Sit an shiver in the mud, get trenchfoot... Next level. German's charging, slaughtered. Next level, huddle in makeshift trench huts hoping not to get obliterated by the artillery bombardment.

There's a reason there's not many WWI FPS games. Most WWI military offensives were more brutal (in mortality) than the DDay storming of the beaches in WWII. And that was the majority of WWI military maneuvers. The introduction of machine guns and greater availability of cartridge loaded guns meant the strategies of the time (form ranks and advance on the opposing army's positions) were horribly ineffective. Worked fine when you didn't have machine guns and most firearms had a lengthy process of reloading (put in powder, put in wad, put in bullet, tamp down, aim, potentially fire) but not with the advanced weaponry that was appearing. The American Civil War sort of gave some fore-warning of how brutal wars would be if infantry tactics weren't changed, but it took WWI to really wake up the World powers to just how much deadlier warfare was now.

There were some interesting military engagements in WWI for infantry, but they were rare and likely not enough to make a game.

Regards,
SB

Every shooter slowly turns into Crysis it seems...:)

Because there's really nothing new to do in FPS gameplay wise.

The natural evolution path is only "well, what if you had like...powers!" thus all the FPS games seem to end up in a robo-bat-techno suit.

I often wonder if Crytek looks on and thinks "we invented that, why didn't our game get rich!" or something (and yeah I'm sure they didn't invent it, you know what I mean)

Back