Build 2015

iroboto

Daft Funk
Legend
Supporter
Updated (April 27th 1800EST) schedule:
Full session schedule here: A lot of sessions, whoa, having to pick and choose will be harder than expected.
http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2015?CR_CC=200626356

Hey guys,
Any developers interested in MS based products, Build 2015 starts on Wednesday April 29th @ 8:30am for the first keynote. The next keynote is Thursday the following day at the same time.

If you're attending, let me know lets try to meet up.
Of all the items MS has sent out the schedule is still not released, however the attendee party on Wednesday night includes Avengers Age of Ultron! Though space is limited so I've gotta get my lineup skills going ;) haha, my wife is actually going to be envious.

I'll update this post with useful things I learn at the conference. I really hope to see if I can get take some video of the Hololens experience for you guys

Last edited:
Which products specifically will this be about, all non-gaming stuff, or a narrower still focus?

I assume windows 10 will get a lot of attention?

Build should encompass development for all things under MS which includes gaming, mobile, other hardware, cloud services, databases, Windows, applications etc. I think there are more sessions then you can attend so they provide the sessions on Build website after they are done.

For my conpany specifically I'm being sent to look at w10 platform benefits to upgrading for free for the first year- cost to company. Which internal applications we use today that will be toast if we move to w10. Cloud services specifically what else is happening with office 365; is it a good fit for our firm. Azure Data services mainly their machine learning and power BI.
For personal I'm looking gaming and holo lens.
I'll know exact details on the session once they release the final schedule.

I'm jelly . They are also doing a build tour so you can sign up for it if its hitting near your location. Was thinking of going to the NYC one but not sure if I am in the country then

I'm jelly . They are also doing a build tour so you can sign up for it if its hitting near your location. Was thinking of going to the NYC one but not sure if I am in the country then
I almost didn't go. This is the first developer conference I've ever been to. When signups happened, I just didn't understand that you should rush to skip everything, buy your ticket, and go in reverse then get your hotel. thing sold out so fast, as I was moving through the process I was put on the waiting list.

I felt so stupid, and embarrassed, and also crying like after I had been pushing my company so badly to pay for this, when they finally agreed and I couldn't get a ticket lol, it was pure downers for me.

But we reached out to our MS contact for our firm, and I wrote quite a few lengthy emails to the build team, and somehow magically my waiting list number came up about 5 weeks after it had sold out. The build tour looks pretty good, if I didn't get in, I would go check out the build tour for sure.

that is very awesome dude. I've gone to comic con and pax east and stuff so I could have told u about getting the room and stuff first.

I just spend extra and get the room ahead of time like weeks or months so I don't have to worry. The extra $50 a night is worth the piece of mind

ive been to a few, this year sadly im missing ....

This year will be epic for a couple of announcements, i know of 1 in particular that has been in the works for over 3 yrs ... Can't wait for this one to be revealed :)

ive been to a few, this year sadly im missing ....

This year will be epic for a couple of announcements, i know of 1 in particular that has been in the works for over 3 yrs ... Can't wait for this one to be revealed :)
LOL I'm not sure what this could be. But. I am excited to hear about it: at least my shares in MSFT are lol. It's been a good week for MSFT. I was really worried their share price would plummet after that earnings call on the 23rd.

LOL I'm not sure what this could be. But. I am excited to hear about it: at least my shares in MSFT are lol. It's been a good week for MSFT. I was really worried their share price would plummet after that earnings call on the 23rd.

I came across it 2 yrs ago by accident in an ex Microsoft persons linkedin profile, by then it was already 1 yr old in MS ... totally took me by surprise MS had this and been waiting since then for it's release :)

I'm 100% sure its coming out this year with Win10, makes total sense they would incorporate it in threshold

:)

I came across it 2 yrs ago by accident in an ex Microsoft persons linkedin profile, by then it was already 1 yr old in MS ... totally took me by surprise MS had this and been waiting since then for it's release :)

I'm 100% sure its coming out this year with Win10, makes total sense they would incorporate it in threshold

:)
Is it digital ink ;)?
Looking over the session schedule, there are very few Xbox and DirectX talks so far (OP updated). One session on hololens workshop and a new entrant known as digital ink, or at least I think is new. Digital ink has several sessions and it looks like it could be a big deal for pen and mobile.

I know what it is!

It's the long awaited return of...Clippy!

But Clippy is so last decade. So instead of being an animated paper clip. It'll be an animated thumb tack.

Introducting Tacky! ;)

Regards,
SB

There is a rumor that hololens dev kits will be given out. If they are steal me one.
This would be too sick :). lol. One can only hope.

Precious Builds were:
Surface 2, Nokia Phones, Xbox One

I am predicting surface 3. Or a new form factor.

There is a rumor they will announce the surface pro 4 . It might be to early to send them out. But seriously steal me an extra one , I'm saving for a ring and can't afford any toys.... I want toys !

Back