Mad Max [PS4, XBO]

D

Deleted member 11852

mad-max-logo.jpg

Game Informer have announced their April cover which is for Mad Max which Warner Bros have just confirmed will release on 1st September 2015 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Warner Bros have announced that the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game have been cancelled.

You can find more on the official website.

I must admit this is not a franchise that particular appeals but Warner Bros have cranked out some great games, most recently Shadow of Mordor. A third person combat shooter with Motorstorm-esque combat driving could be pretty awesome :yes:

The developers are Avalanche Studios - creators of Just Cause.

The Mad Max movies were great. It could make for an awesome game as well. Avalanche could be the right studio to do it. Just Cause is a good series. I feel like Mad Max could use a little more polish, but I'd trust Avalanche to do a good job with a Sandbox (literal sand in the case of Mad Max) world full of vehicles.

Edit: They also have a great tech background, so I'd expect performance to be very good on consoles, and for it to have some pretty fancy rendering features for B3D to talk about.

So, Mad Max comes out on the same day as some other open world game with a silent "a la Mad Max" protagonist? :)
I've just written something very similar over in the MGS V thread :runaway: I wonder if Max will utilise a cardboard box for camouflage?

The Mad Max movies were great. It could make for an awesome game as well. Avalanche could be the right studio to do it. Just Cause is a good series. I feel like Mad Max could use a little more polish, but I'd trust Avalanche to do a good job with a Sandbox (literal sand in the case of Mad Max) world full of vehicles.
Agreed. The studio has the pedigree and experience required, the source material and world is good and the scope for a slightly more serious game [than Just Cause] but with crazy OTT post apocalyptic violence is high. I'm hopefully optimistic.

Please be all "Mad Max" + "Road Warrior" and not even a little bit "Beyond The Thunderdome". Also, Aussie accents or WB you suck.

Wow looks pretty good. Rage with melee combat and good textures :)

They included the Thunderdome?

I know it's not going to happen, but if it had Interstate '76 style vehicular combat, I'd be in heaven. Unfortunately no-one is willing to do combat that is as good as Interstate '76. :(

Regards,
SB

I know it's not going to happen, but if it had Interstate '76 style vehicular combat, I'd be in heaven. Unfortunately no-one is willing to do combat that is as good as Interstate '76. :(

Regards,
SB

As much as I was a fan of that game when it came out, you're probably remembering it much better than it is.

Good question. Combat like for instance Devil May Cry, God of War, Ninja Gaiden or Souls games would be refreshing in such a game!

The batman combat is to automated for me. People don't like qte's in games...but the batman combat (also e.g. shadows of mordor) is like a permanent big qte for me where you fight every 3min the same bunch of foes the same way.

Obviously exaggeration on my side...but somehow it feels like this to me personally and it bores me after a short time of game....that is why my excitment for Mad Max decreased.

As much as I was a fan of that game when it came out, you're probably remembering it much better than it is.

Oh yeah, just as good as I remember it. Brings back the memories, even the PITA of trying to use your handgun to shoot out your window.

What you don't see so much was the massive vehicle customization that also altered the way you fought. Don't see much of the damage modeling there either, or how it affects your handling as the fights went on. It was basically like Mechwarrior, except with cars. Glorious. And a shame no other car combat game has come even remotely close to it.

And that was in the scope of a rather massive game world, excellent voice acting for the time, cutting edge graphics, and a decent story.

I would have been in heaven if Mad Max had vehicular combat (the combat, damage model, customization, etc.) that was even half as good.

Regards,
SB

Back