Diablo 3 - Gamepad Edition

Oh I have played it enough, pre ordered on ps3 as well as 4, just not fired it up after the new patch :)....will try out tonight to see what's new
I tried it yesterday. Played some adventure in co-op mode. It was quite surprising to see some people with Paragon level 500, 1500 and 1700+, my DH is Paragon Level 140 as of now and it was quite humbling. (I met other people with similar, if lower levels than mine, and other with level 200+)

Those with 1000+ Paragon level characters were playing on Torment 3 and I wonder why, because that difficulty level is a breeze for them.

Either they're striking a balance between drop-rate and speed of clearing or they're possibly playing Hardcore and are cowards.

Either they're striking a balance between drop-rate and speed of clearing or they're possibly playing Hardcore and are cowards.
Not sure tbh, what I do know is that they aren't hardcore characters because I tried to enter a hardcore game with my regular character and I couldn't.

What's even more surprising is that a couple of days ago a 10000 :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: Paragon level character, yes yes, I wrote it well, 10000 Paragon level, joined a game I had created in Torment 3 (my DH is currently Paragon level 150). He didn't play with us but he was there. Mysteries of life...

Have you ever seen something like that on the PC?

10,000?? No I haven't but I've never really played with the big guns of d3, only recently getting into T6. That sounds unbelievable though, especially on console.

So sad...my Wizard is a paltry 28 on Act II...I think.
I played this way back on the PS3, but I don't remember if I ever finished it...got bored.

Finding this much more enjoyable after the updates/patches.

10,000?? No I haven't but I've never really played with the big guns of d3, only recently getting into T6. That sounds unbelievable though, especially on console.

It's not. Lots of people have boosted paragon from playing in greater rifts they can't legitimately play. Due to how exp is gained in console, I'd say the top range for a pure legitimate player is around 1000 at this time.

Also, if you play in public games the vast majority of people will have modded gear and/or boosted paragon.

It's not. Lots of people have boosted paragon from playing in greater rifts they can't legitimately play. Due to how exp is gained in console, I'd say the top range for a pure legitimate player is around 1000 at this time.

Also, if you play in public games the vast majority of people will have modded gear and/or boosted paragon.
If I am correct, in the console version you gain experience even if you are just in town waiting while other people in the party complete bounties, rifts and stuff. Is my theory right? I mean, you don't even need to be physically there.

Yes, 10000. But now I have proof as I took a screenshot from the console's framebuffer. I've been playing Diablo 3 tonight and I was in a game with not one but TWO people who had level 10000 Paragon characters in the same game. Do they cheat or what? But then, what would you expect from anyone whose nick is vodkapanda? :mrgreen::LOL:

Sun_Apr_19_04-13-57_UTC+0200_2015.png

Last edited:
Yes, 10000. But now I have proof as I took a screenshot from the console's framebuffer. I've been playing Diablo 3 tonight and I was in a game with not one but TWO people who had level 10000 Paragon characters in the same game. Do they cheat or what? But then, what would you expect from anyone whose nick is vodkapanda? :mrgreen::LOL:

Sun_Apr_19_04-13-57_UTC+0200_2015.png

Yes they are cheating. Stay away from pubs or you may very well cheat by accident if you enter into a grift opened by a cheater.

Yes they are cheating. Stay away from pubs or you may very well cheat by accident if you enter into a grift opened by a cheater.
The question is, how do they cheat? Aren't new consoles save from hacks, and Battlenet? :)

Okay, I've studying the case and using Xbox Live features that show how many hours a user has played a game in particular, I found out that one of the players that have a level 10000 character had played Diablo 3 for about 580 hours.

Still, the most shocking reveal happened the other day with a friend who used a Monk and was totally unstoppable. He's been playing Diablo 3 for three weeks now, or so, and had recently reached level 70.

So he invited me to play and he was Paragon level 1780. :) I said, ok, that's normal, maybe he played a lot. But no!! ;)

During Rifts and Bounties, when he gained levels, I thought he would win a level in 1 increment. But again, no!! His character increased his Paragon level by 50 levels or so each time. :mad:

When I saw the animation of his character increasing his Paragon level, I remember him going from Paragon level 1780 to 1830, and my character didn't even increased her Paragon lvl (I am sitting at lvl 190 now) :rolleyes:

In two hours or so he went from Paragon level 1780 to 2400. :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: (Xbox One version)

Dunno why, but my previous picture doesn't display, so I uploaded it to tynipic. It shows two Paragon level 10000 in the same game:

mwd5ll.png

Players on last gen consoles could import hacked characters IIRC.

Dunno why, but my previous picture doesn't display, so I uploaded it to tynipic. It shows two Paragon level 10000 in the same game:

File share permissions probably?

Players on last gen consoles could import hacked characters IIRC.
Aaaaaaaha, I had never thought of that.

A friend of mine that had this unstoppable Monk got to level 2400 in a very short time. No monster could stop his monk, no matter what. A hacked character imported from the previous generation, doesn't explain why he increased his Paragon level by 50 levels every time his character got to the next Paragon level.

File share permissions probably?
Most likely so. The file was public, I think. It had the same permissions than those images whose RGB type was found out by Shifty in a different thread, and those were visible, but I think I missed the "Public" permissions with this one.

On the PC version, the first player ever who got to level 1000 Paragon made it into the news, and that was two and almost a half years after the game was launched! :yep2:;):smile2: So you are probably in the right track about those insanely powerful characters with Paragon level 10000.

I don't think I will ever get to Paragon level 1000, much less to level 10000, since it is harder and harder to level up as you increase your Paragon levels.

In fact I read that going legitimely from Paragon level 1000 to Paragon level 1004 equals the time it gets you to reach Paragon level 250 from level 1 (I am Paragon level 190 and have almost 200 hours in this game).

http://kotaku.com/heres-the-worlds-first-level-1000-diablo-iii-character-1620704624

ffseznkixp3pib1lcglo.png

What I learnt is that it is so boring to play with those people using hacked characters. They kill everything in sight with a "strong puff" and you are there doing nothing. :( They are great when you need to leech and level up a new character from level 1 to level 70 though.

Last edited:
A friend of mine that had this unstoppable Monk got to level 2400 in a very short time. No monster could stop his monk, no matter what. A hacked character imported from the previous generation, doesn't explain why he increased his Paragon level by 50 levels every time his character got to the next Paragon level.

Maybe he had an incredibly high XP boost on his gear. Sky's the limit for hacked item stats.

Maybe he had an incredibly high XP boost on his gear. Sky's the limit for hacked item stats.
I didn't think about that.... Their numbers are obscene, the game becomes boring as I said, and those characters are tainted. I don't like them at all.

Gotta point out that my characters are Paragon level 190 --I wrote 250 by mistake.

As for legitimate players, one got to Paragon level 1000 with a hardcore Demon Hunter without dying, and again, he made it into the news. :)

http://www.vg247.com/2015/02/16/dia...paragon-level-1000-in-hardcore-without-dying/

This is their build:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nokieka-2213/hero/52913062

That combined with playing in super high grifts using hacked gear. If you inspect their gear you will see stuff like weps with 3 sockets etc.

I get why Blizzard let people import their chars from vanilla D3, but they should have given the players the option to play in a hack free realm. The PC side has a competitive meta because there is no cheating. That competition is what keeps a lot of players the incentive to keep playing.

That combined with playing in super high grifts using hacked gear. If you inspect their gear you will see stuff like weps with 3 sockets etc.

I get why Blizzard let people import their chars from vanilla D3, but they should have given the players the option to play in a hack free realm. The PC side has a competitive meta because there is no cheating. That competition is what keeps a lot of players the incentive to keep playing.
Yes, it's mostly about competition, about getting that item with the "perfect" seed, and those who cheat completely denature the game. Diablo loses its reason for being, and I think they just play it for about two weeks or so, because they get easily bored.

The problem I see if they want to change and play legitimately is that they already have Paragon level 10000 characters. I mean, even if you start from scratch, a new character with that Paragon level has a huge advantage, it's not fun.

I don't think that a malicious player who wants to turn into a legitimate one and delete their characters can chang that. Most probably the maximum Paragon level you ever achieved is gamertag dependent rather than character dependent... -just guessing here-

I just finished story mode with Female Wizard level 59. Only died once during the whole game against the final boss in normal difficulty. I didn't look up any guides and other than Cyan's recommendation for equipping high intelligence items, I played it more through Trial and Error. I don't know if I finished every challenge because I chose the option to go back to the main menu.

I may play some in adventure mode just to unlock all the runes, but I don't know if I'll be motivated to play much beyond that. Game was fairly long as is as I tend to want to cover every portion of every map in every dungeon. Great presentation overall with an OK story.

Is the story very different in the other classes/genders? Worth playing through again?

The game is identical for the story other than the conversations that your character actually comments on as well as a couple of class specific parts.

Diablo is all about the end game and loot hunting, the storyline is just an interesting premise as a foundation for the actual game. You haven't really played a character until you have all the runes and have tried out different builds with various combinations, then do it all again with another class.

Back