Star Wars Battlefront [PS4, XO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date

Jack frags and other journalist watched PS4 gameplay

Running at 60fps on the PS4. There goes all hope of it looking anything like that then.

Apologies if I sound negative, this footage, if representative is clearly head and shoulders above anything else we've ever seen. But it's for that reason alone I'm not buying it. And until they show gameplay, I'm going to remain a firm cynic!

Although I desperately hope I'm mistaken!

I'm not to surprised by the character art.
Didn't we already see character art roughly at that level in
launch games on the ps4 ?

Oh and the new trailer looks amazing by the way.

Running at 60fps on the PS4. There goes all hope of it looking anything like that then.

Apologies if I sound negative, this footage, if representative is clearly head and shoulders above anything else we've ever seen. But it's for that reason alone I'm not buying it. And until they show gameplay, I'm going to remain a firm cynic!

DId they state if it will be 1080p ? Anyway I don't see why the consoles can't run this game. Uncharted looks great and about on par with this if my memory serves me right.

Of course this I will get on my pc

RUns at 60fps on the xbox one also
http://stevivor.com/2015/04/dice-st...all-three-platforms-aiming-for-photo-realism/

Last edited:
Just to be clear..The teaser is in no way running on a PS4 or XBOX One. The Gameplay shown to the press and on which the previews are based on is progabably the same despite begin announced as running on PS4. IIRC the GameInformer preview states the trailer is made of bits and pieces from the 7 minutes long scripted "Gameplay" showcase they were shown.

The trailer has been posted on the XBOX YouTube account. The only difference begin the obvious omission of the PS4 logo at the beginning and the lack of "representative of PS4 gameplay" sentence at the end. It just says: Frostbite In-Engine footage. NOT ATCUAL GAMEPLAY.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-17-star-wars-battlefront-has-40-player-cap

I fear this game won't actually be Battlefronts, but just a typical contemporary shooter with a SW dressing. No space battles, a significant paring back from those early trailers, and no campaign, means the gameplay won't be much like BF2, maybe not even BF1. BF worked because the gameplay was dead simple. Grab a class, run out, shoot a bit, die, grab another class, rinse and repeat in a very light, enjoyable fashion. I really don't want to play another typical online shooter. I tried them with PS3, I really did, but they ended up being kinda rubbish IMO.

What really thought was rubbish about the old Battlefront games was that gameplay mechanic at least imho made the game a confusingly crappy experience and cartoony and not really a gritty recreation of what was in the movies...I felt there was a lot of forgiving bias in reviews back then but also felt it was limited for being a cross platform game...now it's being developed by an expert Technology leading and pushing multiplayer and parity delivering dev team and appropriate funding from a big publisher...there's no excuse anymore...I'm fighting hard to keep myself from becoming biased and glowing in favor of getting this game no matter what....crap!!

I wonder what the performance hit is for this.

It's great news but I wonder.

I'm not impressed by the models because 14 years ago this was released:

Yeah the model is great but due to the shader you can instantly tell it's fake.

Those Star Wars games despite hardware and being first party tech efforts were also limited by pixel resolution and lacking current more contemporary physics and lighting or GI which is what is eating away at all that Theoretical Gigs and teraflop performance.

The Vader model also has to be in the thick of battle and effects...maybe we're finally seeing that native unified pixel shader pipeline being used. Plus native use of translation in a multiplatform parity 3d engine.

DId they state if it will be 1080p ? Anyway I don't see why the consoles can't run this game. Uncharted looks great and about on par with this if my memory serves me right.

Of course this I will get on my pc

RUns at 60fps on the xbox one also
http://stevivor.com/2015/04/dice-st...all-three-platforms-aiming-for-photo-realism/

Nah just get the consoles first. There's gonna be a dark side quality setting that's gonna require the power of eight GeForce Titan Xs in Quad SLI.

We should identify what we see in the teaser before we start ruling anything out. Categorize what is just good assets from actually requiring additional processing.

It would be useful to discuss polygon counts, lighting AA, shadow quality to get an idea of the load. And afterwards discuss what is possible on either console. Right now I'm seeing a lot of disbelief but as many have wrote earlier here, the art of graphics is creating close enough fast approximations for things to happen.

I'll start with: there is solid evidence of a PBR pipeline. I'm unsure of global illumination.

Pre-rendered scripted footage on a PC using in-engine assets... meh....

7 minute PS4 gameplay was shown at Celebration. Impressions are highly positive.

edit-
kkaFMoT.png

Last edited:
As an old saying goes: I trust only what I see....and not what ha been feeded to bloggers..unless they can prove that the display was hooked up to a PS4 through an HDMI cable..

As an old saying goes: I trust only what I see....and not what ha been feeded to bloggers..unless they can prove that the display was hooked up to a PS4 through an HDMI cable..

Wasn't it reported that invitees had access to the PS4 multiplayer demo?

Anyway it goes, Sony has a major card to play this November. Didn't the Destiny bundle push (sold) like 300k units during its September launch? If bundled correctly, I can see Sony moving more SWB units than the PS4 Destiny bundle... :yep2: heck, they may even challenge MS supremacy (NPD) during that month. :runaway:

"It looks like that. Trust us" (from far enough not to be able to see the shadow res, overall IQ, overall geometry, overall everything)
But hey, it looks like a great Star Wars game! Trust me!

Yep, I heard all the clatter about a battlefront trailer, casually hopped on yt, see it in my sub feed from one of the gaming channels, click and...

Well this is clearly live action, at least I think it's live action, what's going on? was basically my thought. Like I was legit confused.

I'm pretty sure this isn't happening on any platform, including the PC. :no:

DemandingBlankIndiancow.gif

The animation alone is ungodly... unless they have achieved The Order 1886 x 1000.

Back