Project Cars [PS4, XO]

These might just be the best in game graphics I've ever seen (given the genre at least):

There are genuine times when I struggled to work out which was real life and which was the game. Really think I'm gonna have to pick this up.

Hmm, actually not that convinced by this, exaggerated road texture, comparison is compared with bad compression and flat lighting, etc. And the handling of the cars is noticeably different too - much more bounce in the real car, and the real car actually has better grip. But will have to try this for myself, and see how it holds up against Asseto Corsa for instance.

Anyway, the game has gone gold, and will be out soon: May the 7th in Europe and May the 12th in the US.

Yeah, and so far I'm hearing better things about the driving model in Assetto (I have the game but played it very little, didn't like it so much then to be honest), and the latter is also much more moddable apparently. Project Cars I still have doubts about the handling, but as said, the proof is in the pudding. I will test driving the Ring in both myself and compare, as that's a good frame of reference for me, having driven there myself. From my memory (played it last year), RaceRoom seemed to have a better driving model than both, but don't really like the way that game is monetized (have to buy every track and car separately, and quite expensively so).

I may be alone on this, but personally I'm against the ability to tweak visual effects on console. And I know all about tweaking as I was a PC gamer for a few years.

You're not alone, but I don't currently understand the logic behind not wanting options. Is it that you literally don't want the option there for anybody or you just don't want to be bothered with it yourself regardless of whether the option is there?

Changing your Windows desktop wallpaper is not tweaking :nope:

What about when I change the screen saver? :yes:

I think it's a good idea, especially for games that you can have a long commitment to, like I have with racing games, then more options are almost always preferable.

maxresdefault.jpg

Never heard of Assetto Corsa or Kunos Simulazioni, they are the new Milestone 0_0
Why I've never heard of something so good?

Back