Chrome refuses to recognize installed add-on/program

Kaotik

Drunk Member
Legend
Supporter
So, I just updated to latest stable Chrome today. Boy, was that a mistake apparently.
Ever since the update, Chrome refuses to recognize Xstandard editor being installed on my computer.
I've tried reinstalling Chrome several times, as well as reinstalling Xstandard, no help.
When I log on to out publishing system and choose Xstandard, create new document, it doesn't load the wysiwyg editor or anything.

If I try to open Xstandard test-drive HTML-page, it claims it's not installed - Except that it is and works on both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Same with our publishing system, works fine there on other browsers.

Any ideas how to fix this? I'd really like to keep my own and work stuff in separate browsers, and Firefox is just such a steaming pile of crap that I really don't want to touch it. And I like to use IE for my own stuff.

You checked it's enabled under extensions? You're not in incognito mode?

It's probably a NPAPI plugin, which I've got some bad news for you. Chrome is removing support for those types of plugins. You can temporarily re-enable them in chrome://flags/#enable-npapi, but this will be removed in version 45.

That didn't seem to affect anything (or do I need to reinstall xstandard after enabling that?)

Firefox lists it under addons as Xstandard
File: NPXstandard.dll
MIME Types: application/x-xstandard (XStandard: *)

hmm, have you tried resetting chrome?
or try on other pc on new chrome. if it also des not work... then... keep using the old chrome?

sorry just shooting at the dark here. the problem described is weird.

hmm, have you tried resetting chrome?
or try on other pc on new chrome. if it also des not work... then... keep using the old chrome?

sorry just shooting at the dark here. the problem described is weird.

I thought "remove browsing data" while uninstalling resets chrome?
Chrome doesn't (as far as I know) support rollback so can't really return to previous version

That won't reset everything, it will leave some configuration behind street Uninstall. You can do a full reset of chrome under advanced settings at the bottom.

Back