5 Million Gmail Passwords Leaked, Google Says No Evidence Of Compromise

A total surprise to me that my email address was on the list, and they had the current password. I changed that immediately and activated 2-factor authentication. So the next question is how did they get it? It's a unique string of random crap so it had to be intercepted rather than brute forced either with a malicious android app or, more likely, I signed in on a compromised computer. Anyone have any ideas?

Lol my dad's account is in there. He has been an IT professional for 30 years and has the best security practices of anyone I know. Dunno how they could have gotten these.

no evidence of compromise... so the hacker have successfuilly cloaked their attack?

now downloading it

EDIT:
is that list also inlude the password?

EDIT:
agh im there...

the one on that list are accounts that
account A: account for junk emails and forum registrations and gaming (PSN/Xbox)
account B: account for PSN

the same thing from across acount is that i was using it for PSN.
and i have been getting countless PSN password reset request since last few months that i ignored...

EDIT
i cant login to my email lol but google says i changed it a few months ago. so i guess im safe? (its me who changed it because i still can login from phone gmail app).

Last edited:
Maybe this would explain how some little prick managed to access my gmail account last year and hijack my steam account with it.

I'm downloading the list and if I'm on it, I bet that's what happened.

Lol my dad's account is in there. He has been an IT professional for 30 years and has the best security practices of anyone I know. Dunno how they could have gotten these.

This list has got nothing to do with how well your dad choses his passwords or how long he's been working in IT. They've been [they as in Gmail] "hacked", either through malware on the owners computer that target gmail accounts or due to an actual break-in attempt where perhaps a database within gmail was accessed by outsiders (or an insider!) and downloaded. This is fairly standard stuff really.

Back