GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

4.7GB is a lot of data for something to basically tell my PS4 to turn a feature back on - something that was there from the very beginning, the assets already being on the disc and all that. Meh.

Knowing gta games they are probably all stored in texture.img or something meaning the only solution is to force the dl of that entire file.

Absolutely. Whinging aside, they fixed things very quickly. Then again they must have a dev team the size of a small country.

4.7GB is a lot of data for something to basically tell my PS4 to turn a feature back on - something that was there from the very beginning, the assets already being on the disc and all that. Meh.

As usual on PS4 titles, all previous patches are counted in the current patch size. I've just read one user reporting a real 300-400MB size.

How do you do Heists? I went into the online and tried to use the phone to join the pop-up messages. It would then tell me it was ful and then load the game again for 60secs. It did this like three times then I gave up.

How do you do Heists? I went into the online and tried to use the phone to join the pop-up messages. It would then tell me it was ful and then load the game again for 60secs. It did this like three times then I gave up.
When you manage to get around whatever issues Rockstar's servers are having and connect, Lester will call you and his 'L' icon will appear on the map. Obviously you need to meet the minimum prerequisites, e.g. be level 12 and have a high-end safehouse (10+ car garage costing $200k).

It then plays out much like the single player Heists. You should also undertake all Heists using the A-Team van :yes:

So I guess this is actually real. But seriously, why would they cut this out of the game?

Don't get me wrong, I had a blast with GTA V. But this is and always has been one of my biggest gripes about the game. Obviously, this isn't 100% solution, but it would have still been a huge step in the right direction!

or maybe planned for the future DLC ?

i was wondering on this subject. Would people be ok with GTA 6 happening with the exact same map, maybe with some added/modified parts, but with interiors of the majority of buildings accessible, and graphical enhancements ?

EDIT: haven't watched the full vidéos but the first 4-5 interiors were used during missions.

finally played this on PS4.

yeesh the online mission is tedious. the control is very laggy, the jaggies is everywhere. the story is nonexistent (i guess the story is limited to the story mode?)

Having more interiors is a nice one, and is always brought up, but I think more open ended missions, ala MGS5 would be more game changing. GTAV creates a huge sandbox, only to hold your hand extremelly tight in every mission.

At least the sandbox is fun and compelling in GTA. In MGS5 it was just tedious and mostly unneccessary. Besides, MGS5 also restricted you to confined mission areas (amongst other counter productive restrictions like the stupidly limited weapons loadout)

MGSV wasn't oerfect. I meant that I wish Rockstar goes after the same ambitions and ideas, not so much specifics on the execution. Those are fundamentally different games anyway. I also wish gta had some sort of inventory restriction too. Latter missions just become lame when you have 3 characters that can have each an RPG, grenade laucher, machine gun, sniper rifle, shotgan, AK47s with maxed out ammo.
The game loses all tention after you unlock most weapons.
And the fun sandbox is barelly used during missions, you do one thing differently from the devs expectation and its mission over. The missions are an Uncharted level that happens to be built on top of an open world.

MGS (4 in particular) have always been fantastic sand boxes in my opinion. I don't think the series has gained a single goddamned thing from going extra large, though. Well, I guess that comically long jeep ride was a new thing. GTA isn't particularly great in terms of using its sandbox for gameplay purposes, but damn it if Los Santos wasn't one of the most magnificent and believable virtual worlds to lose yourself in. MGSV had a bunch of hills, rivers and trees.

Back