Bloodborne: [PS4] (From Software)

Just for LOLs, this is how I actually won the Father G:

Yeah, its funny how many times I run around. I was just trying to find some new patterns in his ways and ended up killing him. Missed all ripostes too. But if running works, I shall call it a valid strategy :p !
Congrats man. Seen your video on Youtube before visiting this thread -easier to watch than playing it I suppose-.

This is the game that makes me envious of those who have a PS4... The art style is precious, the game seems similar to one of my favourite games, Nightmare Creatures, with secrets and stuff, and it's been created by a genius. What's not to like?

I read this Eurogamer's article on Miyazaki today:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-01-demons-souls-was-a-failure-before-miyazaki-stepped-up

And it led me to this interview on how Demon Souls was made. It's quite easy to understand the cult following trend Miyazaki's games have created, with influences from his own style, german mythology, and some great tales:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/souls-survivor

The game is phenomenal by far the best PS4 game. I hope they will patch framepacing and improve loading time. I died many times the first hours in the game but now that I don't die every 20 minutes, it is okay.

Last edited:
Finally a game where the AI isn't stupid or just there to take a lot of flack without doing anything. If you watch Renegade's video, you can just see the AI doesn't fight using aimless patterns. I quite like the shaders in the hero's costume after the fight.

From my experience the AI is very, very predictable.
The only real danger comes from the fact that enemies do lot of damage.

Last edited:
I only played it for about an hour yesterday (until my partner came home and demanded my attention); I found it to be initially very frustrating having no idea where the weapons are. I got killed by the initial beast a bunch of times then decided to run past it and fight the first dude with a torch, several battles with him using my bare hands – I actually got him down to what appeared to be zero health using charged attacks, then lashed out on him thinking he’d die, but he didn’t and he murdered me again (for about the 5th time in a row).

Thanks to @DrJay24 I realised the weapons are in the graveyard, which I’ll forever consider a “Park” for the rest of the game. I’m not much of an RPG guy, so I really feel that the game needed to have a bit more direction, at least in the early stages. Anyway, after finding the weapons it suddenly didn’t feel as difficult anymore – I know people said it was hard, but the difficulty of fighting enemies with your fists was really too much. I genuinely saw more of the loading screens than I did playing the game for the first 30mins or so.

Anyway, I think I’m gonna like it. I’ve got a nice extended weekend to take it all in with little distractions from Saturday to Monday.

If you're anything like me, you'll be addicted in a little while. First few sections frustrating as hell until it 'clicks'. And I'm now almost at the end, after 4 days straight of playing it - been sickie at home, which has been amazing as I got to spend four days straight on this.

I did find something weird; when I applied the blood vials to my inventory I accidently used the two that I had (testing the buttons, I pressed square and then triangle - both of which seem to be 'use item'), then every time I picked up a new vial, they didn't appear anywhere in my inventory. Maybe I'm just being stupid, I'll look again tomorrow (politics night tonight - yay!).

You don't need to put blood vials in your quick use slots. Triangle is always use blood vial. Otherwise that is normal behavior. If you run out of something in your quick use slots and then pick up more you'll have to reequip them.

I'm finding the human hunter NPC's that you encounter in this game much more difficult than actual bosses. They seem to be capable of doing a lot more damage and don't take any.

I'm finding the human hunter NPC's that you encounter in this game much more difficult than actual bosses. They seem to be capable of doing a lot more damage and don't take any.

The "hunters of hunters" do take damage but like many enemies they have immunity frames in which they can't be hit or damaged at all.

If it's not too late/far in the game may I ask which one/s have you met?

Some of the hunters need to be avoided until you level up big time. I had two that literally died by falling off a building. All by themselves while I was moving around. Priceless.

The one with an electricity weapon and the one just next, I killed them easily only after I got to around level 40.

I think I've spent the last 3 nights on the one in the cathedral with the katana. I know you can cheese him and at the moment I'd rather not, but if he manages to land the right hit, often times i can't get away from the follow up and die in 2/3 hits. I don't know how to break his combo.

I had him down to 1 hit last night and got greedy.

I did that last night. Got to the glowing eyes guy who killed me, had him down to 20%, then his twin dropped down off the ledge and they double teamed me. Lesson learned, don't skip fights - clear the area!

The game is genius at tempting you to run back to get your lost points, only for you to rush, make mistakes, die again and lose everything. Over and over again.

I just scream at myself, have a break, do something else, relax and then back.

Very emotional experience this one.

The hunters can be a real pain. Some of them are insanely strong, and at one point in the game (albeit a very late point) they actually come at you in threes.

So I just got to the 'secret' Cainhurst Castle, which is a humongous area hidden very well. It's amazing how much work has gone behind this, considering a lot of people will never even get to this part. Shame cause it's beautiful, and f'king scary too. In fact, I uploaded a video - no spoilers, it's just me walking around very carefully trying not to die in this area I've never seen before. I now have almost 60,000 blood echoes on me and no idea where the next checkpoint is. I can't lose all of these!

PS: The cloth physics are amazing in this game. Look at 8:23, where I hit a little monster while one of these freaky women are behind him. Her robes and hair move according to my sword swing, as if the air moved without even touching her. Amaze. I'm sure there are more examples on the video but that's just brilliant.

Last edited:
I now have almost 60,000 blood echoes on me and no idea where the next checkpoint is. I can't lose all of these!

You can always safely teleport to your last activated lantern no matter where you are if you have that item... I forgot the name of it. :-/

Back