Zelda: Breath of the Wild [WU,NX]

Delayed until 2016 it seems.

Eiji Aonuma (series producer): "In these last three months, as the team has experienced firsthand the freedom of exploration that hasn't existed in any Zelda game to date, we have discovered several new possibilities for this game," he explained. "As we have worked to turn these possibilities into reality, new ideas have continued to spring forth, it now feels like we have the potential to create something that exceeds even my own expectations."

"We are no longer making our 2015 release our number one priority. Instead, our priority is to make it the most complete and ultimate Zelda game," he added. "I hope to use the added time to make The Legend of Zelda for Wii U into a game that will reward you for your patience."
This pushes the likely release closer to the 2016 which is when Nintendo have vowed to reveal more about the NX platform. If Nintendo intend to launch NX in 2016 then I think they would be wise to consider keeping this NX exclusive. I'd likely buy a NX for open world Zelda :yep2: Now matter how good Zelda may be on Wii U I can't see myself buying an end-of-line console for one game.

They should just contract with Rockstar to use their GTA V engine on their NX console for the Zelda game, assuming their nextgen hardware is even powerful enough to run it.

What do you guys think about the E3 showing of Zelda? I'm interested in hearing your opinions.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

While people hyped the crap out of it, to me, it just looks like a zelda game tha rip bits and pieces out of modern openworld games. Even Aonuma was saying that he plays farcry 4. It wasnt impressive technically nor its gameplay stands out from any other game. If they strip away the name zelda and tell me this is another indie game #24535467 I would have belived it.

Delayed until 2016 it seems.

Eiji Aonuma (series producer): "In these last three months, as the team has experienced firsthand the freedom of exploration that hasn't existed in any Zelda game to date, we have discovered several new possibilities for this game," he explained. "As we have worked to turn these possibilities into reality, new ideas have continued to spring forth, it now feels like we have the potential to create something that exceeds even my own expectations."

"We are no longer making our 2015 release our number one priority. Instead, our priority is to make it the most complete and ultimate Zelda game," he added. "I hope to use the added time to make The Legend of Zelda for Wii U into a game that will reward you for your patience."
This pushes the likely release closer to the 2016 which is when Nintendo have vowed to reveal more about the NX platform. If Nintendo intend to launch NX in 2016 then I think they would be wise to consider keeping this NX exclusive. I'd likely buy a NX for open world Zelda :yep2: Now matter how good Zelda may be on Wii U I can't see myself buying an end-of-line console for one game.

If WU emulator got working good when zelda WU git released, playing it in emulator would give the best visual.

Even zelda skyward looks awesomely painting like in emulator.

I think it looks lovely. Sure, it's not gonna challenge other open worlds in terms of sheer density of detail, but as per usual, it's the little things Nintendo is so damn good at getting just right. The whole thing looks so wonderfully tactile and immediate compared to most of its janky and sloppy competition. It looks like simply moving around in this world is gonna be hugely enjoyable. In the Witcher III, something as as inconspicuous as a narrow flight of stairs has a very good chance of sending you right back to the loading screen thanks to some of the worst character controls in any game. I don't think that's gonna be much of an issue in Zelda. Of course there's also the fact that unlike other open world games, Zelda is most likely not merely going to be a fun place for you to mindlessly dick around in. There's gonna be fantastic puzzle dungeons and bosses too, and that's something literally no other open world game has to offer.

I'm not gonna buy a WiiU for it, but if it's even half as good as "A Link Between Worlds" (a bloody little 3ds game they apparently threw together in a year, and one I'd easily put somewhere in a list of my top 5 games of the last decade), it should be nothing short of amazing.

What do you guys think about the E3 showing of Zelda? I'm interested in hearing your opinions.

I think this is the most ambitious Zelda since Ocarina of time. Finally. And they did what they could with the dated hardware. They finally understood that that the old tired Zelda formula wasn't enough anymore.

Gameplay and ambition (open world-ish like the best Zeldas were) seems much improved on par to modern standards (but not above what we already play currently). But it's not enough, now they need a much better graphical immersion (not possible on this hardware) and most of all: An original story and character development! But granted this one still could surprise us, we'll see. Please no more, "Link wakes up, he is the One and has to save both the world and Zelda against Evil Ganon..."

I think this is the most ambitious Zelda since Ocarina of time. Finally. And they did what they could with the dated hardware. They finally understood that that the old tired Zelda formula wasn't enough anymore.

Gameplay and ambition (open world-ish like the best Zeldas were) seems much improved on par to modern standards (but not above what we already play currently). But it's not enough, now they need a much better graphical immersion (not possible on this hardware) and most of all: An original story and character development! But granted this one still could surprise us, we'll see. Please no more, "Link wakes up, he is the One and has to save both the world and Zelda against Evil Ganon..."
Sorry, but their hardware handled AC3 and arkham city just fine. It sure could put out MGSV level stuff. Their only impediment is nintendo's own will to adhere to the most archaic game development production values possible while they still have someone buying their games.

That said, after watching other playthroughs, my impressions are much less negative. The guys showing it at the treehouse thingy made a terrible job at it.

While I didn't see it do anything new, it does have its own combination of gameplay styles and world design no other game has to offer. Unfortunately every single element if its design has been done better by some other game before it. OOT this is not.

Hyrule does look very barren, and very me too in a lot of respects, while still quite its own thing in others.

Seeing link climb absolutely flat walls in a canned spider-man-like animation in a post AC world is just disapointing.

Seeing link move completely artificially round rocks sticking out of mostly flatish geography, or him manipulate random geometric shapes with a gravity-gun like device made me cringe. At this day and age, physics are a new thing to nintendo, and they have indulged in the most obvious and lazy environmental physics puzzles they could have, like we lived 10 years in the past.

The enemy interaction seemed extremely primitive. While they are probably gonna give you all sort of items to play with and mess with the guys, their behaviour is very simplistic and, again, like that of games from 10 years ago.

Those ate just a few examples of the kinds of things that simply look lazy to me.

I think it was one of the most beautiful games of this years E3. It may not be technically impressive but I thought it looked fantastic. Almost all of my non-techie gaming friends thought it looked absolutely gorgeous as well.

I'd actually be very tempted to buy this if I had a Wii-U despite me being absolutely sick and tired of over the shoulder 3rd person open world games. C'mon publishers stop it with all the gdamn open world games already.

Regards,
SB

The game is co-developed by Monolithic Soft (about 100 people from them)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...e-wild-is-being-co-developed-by-monolith-soft

Which would explain the ambition, scale of the game and why it looks like this for a Nintendo Wii U game. Monolitic Soft are kind of master at producing big impressing worlds even on modest hardware. Kudos to Nintendo to finally seek development help in order to fulfill their promises!

Too bad it costs almost 400€ to play it here in Euroland. Unless you're one of the unlucky few who got a Wii U in the past.

Perhaps now is the time to finally unpack my Wii U. Wish I were kidding :p

Personal life 0 - 1 Kids (not yet old enough for games).

Too bad it costs almost 400€ to play it here in Euroland. Unless you're one of the unlucky few who got a Wii U in the past.
It's cheaper to buy a Wii U which are both plentiful and cheap and the game is cheaper on Wii U.

It's cheaper to buy a Wii U which are both plentiful and cheap and the game is cheaper on Wii U.

I just went to look in Amazon and they're neither... New Wii Us are scarce and really expensive.
Unless you meant a used one..

I'm not sure I'd be willing to buy an used Wii U. You never know how worn is the tablet controller.. If it was just a console the risk would be a lot lower as I could just get a new gamepad and people don't usually move their consoles around every day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just went to look in Amazon and they're neither... New Wii Us are scarce and really expensive.
Unless you meant a used one..

I'm not sure I'd be willing to buy an used Wii U. You never know how worn is the tablet controller.. If it was just a console the risk would be a lot lower as I could just get a new gamepad and people don't usually move their consoles around every day.

I never knew Nintendo sold new items. Everyone around here only buys used Nintendo items at stores like GameStop. :runaway:

Even with a used Wublet, I don't think any games seriously use the Wublet functionality other than a few handful of launch titles. I doubt LoZBoW will use Wublet functionality since they want parity between Wu and Switch, which includes Switch in docked mode with no portable screen controller.

Five minutes of impressions, observations and new info from Game Informer based on a 90 play session they had.

Back