XGI Volari reviews?

December 8th is when they become available/the NDA is lifted on 'em...I think that's when you'll see more reviews on 'em. (Unless I'm wrong about the NDA and it's actually lifted a few days before the card is available, I honestly don't know for sure)

"Soon" would be my best guess. :)

Finally! It's been a while since we've had some new hardware to over-analyze and -criticize. ;)

available means they will be available in stores, at least in Europe... I have no idea if they have a partner who ships to the US, because Club3D doesn't...

parhelia said:
available means they will be available in stores, at least in Europe... I have no idea if they have a partner who ships to the US, because Club3D doesn't...
WHAT?!?! Europe gets a new toy before the good ole USA does?

That just don't seem right! ;)

digitalwanderer said:
parhelia said:

I thought the rumor was that YOU would have one? Dammit give me some info. I wonder how your "bias" will factor into this?

I can't believe that if they are buyable the 8th that someone hasn't broke NDA and put a review up!

parhelia said:

Club3D doesn't operate in the UK either.

ByteMe said:
digitalwanderer said:
parhelia said:

I thought the rumor was that YOU would have one? Dammit give me some info. I wonder how your "bias" will factor into this?
I'm 'sposed to be getting one, but not the first round of them. They didn't have many to go around and EB ain't the biggest fish in the pond no matter what I think of it. ;)

I can't believe that if they are buyable the 8th that someone hasn't broke NDA and put a review up!
I can. Breaking an NDA is a not cool thing to do. It's not a matter of all the nasty legal penalties to me, it's just the "I said I wouldn't so I won't" factor.

Besides, if someone did they'd never get a new part in advance to review again and the only sites that have cards are rather large...I can see it. (Although I'll bet someone jumps the gun and puts one up on the 7th just due to time zone differences. ;) )

ByteMe said:
DaveBaumann said:
Club3D doesn't operate in the UK either.

Help me out people, what is Dave implying here?
That Club3D doesn't operate in the UK either ergo their cards will probably not be available in the UK. :)

Aquamark 3 über 45.000 Punkte
3D Mark2003 Bulid 3.4.0 über 4800Punkte
3D Mark2001SE 3.3.0 über 15.500 Punkte

Found here

//Edit, quote from 3d center

Kleines bißchen Verwirrung gibt es um die Volari V8 Duo Karten von XGI: Wir hatten gestern noch ausgesagt, daß diese von XGI wegen Hitzeprobleme bei den DDR2-Speichern zurückgezogen werden. Diese Information stammte zwar aus einer inoffiziellen, nichts desto trotz sehr sicheren Quelle (welche wir aus Gründen des Quellenschutzes in diesem Fall nicht nennen werden). Dementgegen steht, daß diese Händler, welche die XGI-Karte anbieten, bisher ihre Verfügbarkeitsanzeigen nicht geändert haben. Bei einigen Händler ist die Karte bereits auf Lager und wird entsprechend auch verkauft. Mal schauen, was die nächsten Tage hier an Neuigkeiten bringen und ob sich eventuell jene Meldung bezüglich des Rückzugs der XGI-Karten eventuell und vielleicht als unwahr herausstellt ...

Not good to see imo ..

AAlcHemY said:
Aquamark 3 über 45.000 Punkte
3D Mark2003 Bulid 3.4.0 über 4800Punkte
3D Mark2001SE 3.3.0 über 15.500 Punkte

Found here

//Edit

Kleines bißchen Verwirrung gibt es um die Volari V8 Duo Karten von XGI: Wir hatten gestern noch ausgesagt, daß diese von XGI wegen Hitzeprobleme bei den DDR2-Speichern zurückgezogen werden. Diese Information stammte zwar aus einer inoffiziellen, nichts desto trotz sehr sicheren Quelle (welche wir aus Gründen des Quellenschutzes in diesem Fall nicht nennen werden). Dementgegen steht, daß diese Händler, welche die XGI-Karte anbieten, bisher ihre Verfügbarkeitsanzeigen nicht geändert haben. Bei einigen Händler ist die Karte bereits auf Lager und wird entsprechend auch verkauft. Mal schauen, was die nächsten Tage hier an Neuigkeiten bringen und ob sich eventuell jene Meldung bezüglich des Rückzugs der XGI-Karten eventuell und vielleicht als unwahr herausstellt ...

Not good to see imo ..
Thanks for the link & info, could you translate that last bit that isn't good to see? Because it's all just jibberish to me. (I'm SO hopelessly mono-lingual. :rolleyes: )

Actually, if you could just relate the gist of it I'd be happy. :)

Sorry, read it wrong. :oops:
They now state that the heat problems aren't true, i thought it was the opposite.

Small little confusion gives it around the Volari V8 duo maps of XGI: We had still stated yesterday that these by XGI because of heat problems with the DDR2-Speichern are withdrawn. This information did not originate from an unofficial, anything the despite very safe source (which we for reasons of the source protection in this case will not call). The against it stands that these dealers, who offer the XGI map did not change so far their availability displays. With some dealer the map is in stock and accordingly also is already sold. Times looks, what the next days bring here at pieces of news and whether possibly that message possibly and perhaps turns out concerning the retreat of the XGI maps as untrue...
Used a basic translator, not all words are correct translated.

Back