Ori and the Blind Forest [XO, NX]

How strange, I'm running on Windows 7 too so it's not a general issue with that OS. I'd probably just try all the usual fixes, they tend to fix issues like this more often than not for me. i.e. complete, clean uninstall and then re-install of graphics drivers, re-install the game, de-frag etc...

Unfortunately the game doesn't officially support 3D, it's just the Nvidia driver version. And it's not perfect. It's crtainly playable but ther ar a few lightin effects which look a little weird. It's certainly a compromise but on balance I thing the addess immersion the 3D brings is worth it.

I assume the XBO version is running at 1080p/60fps? The game is vry light on requirements. I'd be suprised if he XBO couldn't handle the same in 3D as well if it had been supported.
I'd swear it is. I only noticed that sometimes the animations of the characters run at 30Hz -as @orangpelupa has said but it doesn't happen all the time, I think, because I notice when it does.

Since it's very likely a patch is going to be released in the future because people requested the capacity of returning to the map once you completed the game, perhaps they are going to polish things like that. Not that the game needs that urgently though.

I finished the flood section last night btw.... after about 50 tries. Man that was hard but soooooo awesome!!

I put about 5 hours into this game last night and still had to drag myself away from it. That's completely unheard of for me outside of Oblivion/Skyrim so it says something for how great this game is. Really glad I decided to pick it up. Poor old AC:Unity has been negected for the last few days wallowing at a mere 15% completion.

I finished the flood section last night btw.... after about 50 tries. Man that was hard but soooooo awesome!!

I put about 5 hours into this game last night and still had to drag myself away from it. That's completely unheard of for me outside of Oblivion/Skyrim so it says something for how great this game is. Really glad I decided to pick it up. Poor old AC:Unity has been negected for the last few days wallowing at a mere 15% completion.
The game starts really fine into the strains of the initial moments, but once you can double (or triple) jump and impulse yourself on projectiles it's sheer awesomeness.

Amazing game, only spent an hour or so on it so far and it's just a joy to play, even dieing isn't as frustrating as I expected, and the mechanic of when to put down save points makes for a fun mini game in itself. I've had a few times where I've tried to be clever and hold off using a save for ages and then when I finally do I find a screen or so on a standard save point... oh well :) Love the game.

The gorgeous art behind Ori and the Blind Forest. Gotta say that the Great Scape is one of my favourite experiences I've had in a videogame.

maximilian-degen-timelinescene03dead-2.0.jpg

maximilian-degen-timelinescene03-4.0.jpg

Ori_3dcharacters.0.jpg

maximilian-degen-spirit-tree-07.0.jpg

maximilian-degen-thegiftsketch01.0.jpg

simon-kopp-steamdforlornruins.0.jpg

simon-kopp-env-forlornruinsrotatinglaser1-mid.0.jpg

simon-kopp-env-nest1-mid.0.jpg

simon-kopp-env-entrance2-wip1-mid.0.jpg

simon-kopp-steamcmounthoru.0.jpg

simon-kopp-steambsorrowpass.0.jpg

the surprisingly did not have staying power for me.

yes it is beautiful and fun. But now i have no urge to play it although i have not finished it. dunno why.

I played (and finished) vvvvvv at the weekend and put a bit more time into Ori though stopped late last night after too many attempts at the tree flood. I think i'm a little platformed out :)

I found the game really took off at just about the midway point of the game. Really good.

I think it starts to get rapidly better once you get double jump and bash. It's good before that too, but those moves make the platforming element so much more interesting.

It was a good game, but can't say I was moved by the story. And several times I was really annoyed by the save game system. Glitched myself into a couple screen areas from which there was no escape, once in my panic to get out I accidently created a save location whilst being stuck, and the second time it happened I exited to go back to my previous save but ended up at a location hours earlier. Ugh. I did play through a couple times. Mechanics and execution are top notch. Save for a few strange bugs, very enjoyable.

Made it to the top of the tree finally. Slightly embarrassed at how many attempts it took me.....

Don't worry about it. I finished up the game on Sunday and I had a grand total of 998 deaths. Most of them came from the Ginso Tree escape. I will definitely start another run to improve my time. I took WAY too long to finish that escape. lol

Made it to the top of the tree finally. Slightly embarrassed at how many attempts it took me.....

I was talking about this section with a forum member from Eurogamer who mentioned he managed it after 15 attempts, 15 attempts! you could have easily added a zero on the end of that 15 for me, I must have been stuck on that for the best part of two hours with strong coffee and swearing breaks every 15 minutes or so.

I played (and finished) vvvvvv at the weekend and put a bit more time into Ori though stopped late last night after too many attempts at the tree flood. I think i'm a little platformed out :)
I am not the best at platformers either, but I loved that part SO much -one of my favourite experiences in a videogame, what a music!- that I completed the flood part after the 5th attempt or so. :)

BsDNEZ3CIAAZqn-.jpg

Besides that, I better don't want to know how many times I am dying overall.

Back