Recommendation: PS Vita games

I recently finished Ys: Memories of Celceta and it was a blast.
I'm now playing Need for Speed Most Wanted and I keep thinking WHY THE HELL HAVEN'T THEY MADE A GTA OUT OF THIS?

perhaps because Atari don't have a Vita! :LOL:
*ZING!* :D

I love this on Vita. Clearly others do to, hence the 84 metacritic rating. Real 'old skool' gaming.
I don't like that if you get killed, enemies will keep rising up the level while you're respawning. That means that unless you have a smartbomb to burn it's gonna be game over if you even die only just once. Also, the controls feel sluggish and imprecise even when using the d-pad. I would also like a toggle in the settings to turn off motion controls.

Ars Technica had an email interview with Jeff Minter today. I love this bit:

After receiving the first letter from Atari's law firm, Minter says he tried to suggest some mutually beneficial resolution to the situation, "possibly involving Atari commissioning licensed ports from us and maybe helping out with the promotion along with some kind of royalty share scheme." After all, as Minter puts it, "I have a game which could with a bit of a spin be marketed as a legit successor to some... Atari IP."
So having designed a game which pretty much everybody agrees is a blatant rip-off of Atari IP Tempest, he tries to get Atari to commission him to provide licensed ports where Atari pays for some promotion because, as he states elsewhere in his interview, he's not making any significants profits off the Vita version now. Perhaps all 7 Vita owners already bought it :yep2:

I should also point out that gravity rush and mutant blobs are currently less than a dollar on the NA store. :)
Very worthwhile

To be honest, I started playing Stranger's Wrath and I found at least the first ~4 hours incredibly boring.
So boring I stopped playing it and never touched the title ever again.

So yeah, there's that...

To be honest, I started playing Stranger's Wrath and I found at least the first ~4 hours incredibly boring. So boring I stopped playing it and never touched the title ever again.

It's also a game which requires some camera management which I do find quite fiddly using the Vita's tiny sticks.

It stays boring all the way through. It just throws more and more aggravation into the mix as you progress further. Fingers crossed the Vita port of New 'n' Tasty is gonna turn out nicely. That game is ace.

Guys getting a vita again. Had one at launch but sold it as development for it was cancelled at our studio.

Getting one for cheap now. I Have Ys seven, Resistance Retribution , mutant blobs bought from my earlier time with the vita. Plus is giving me NFS , freedom wars , Broken Age , Swapper and Killzone Mercenary (along with more smaller titles) and I have bought persona 4 golden.

Need more suggestions. I want something which is like an RPG, also want to try out something with anime aesthetic and want an action game to fill in the dull times.

I am pretty confused. I am holding out on buying Memories of Celcetta cos I have Ys seven, which I love , and would like to finish before Celceta.

Persona 4 Golden is a good Japanese RPG. It was my first entry into the franchise but I really enjoyed it and, if you're not familiar with Japanese RPGs, expect to be eased into concepts which are batshit crazy in most Western cultures :yes:

Akiba's Trip seems so quirky and weird [emoji14] ! Anyone here played it?

And Souls Sacrifice vs Ragnarok Ace vs Dragons Crown?
If I am undecided I might end up just buying Celceta and play Ys Seven later.

+1 for Persona 4 Golden. It's a mix between dungeon-crawling RPG and interactive visual novel, and it's a huge game with all the additions from the Golden version.
Gravity Rush is a must-have for the platform too, and if you own a PS4 and you're planning to play the sequel then that's yet another reason to play it.

Uncharted is the best... Uncharted-y experience you'll get in a handheld. Writing, voice works, animations and general production values are spectacular for a Vita title. It's a good game, if you look past all the boring touch-based QTEs that were shoehorned in most first-gen games for the Vita.

And Souls Sacrifice vs Ragnarok Ace vs Dragons Crown?

I found Souls Sacrifice a bit boring and repetitive. Ragnarok is like a low-cost Monster Hunter.
Dragon's Crown is hardly a RPG. It's more like a 2D sidecroller action brawler where you constantly have to change your party.

If I am undecided I might end up just buying Celceta and play Ys Seven later.

I think that's okay because Memories of Celceta doesn't carry a lot of story/narrative from the other games. Mainly because the protagonist is amnesiac the whole game lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played Uncharted back when vita released. Bought it together.
I will get to Gravity Rush later, not in the mood right now.
I was thinking of three things:

1)a mindless action game for short fun sessions. Somewhere I roam around bashing stuff in real-time battles. Hence the question about Ragnarok, Dragons Crown, Souls Sacrifice etc.
2)something Anime, cos I have never played such stuff before. Hence my asking about Akiba, I do have persona 4 there but something lighter ...what about those hyperdimension games? They seem costly though.

3) some RPG, ornate ,beautiful ,detailed. I was even looking at Oreshika due to its beautiful style, but does it ahve too much management and less fights? Crisis core does not run on the Vita. I have no idea about RPGs. But I want one.

Oops turns out the Bastion I bought for the ps4 was also a crossbuy ! That's cool :cool: !
Can my save be transferred from the ps4 version to the vita?

Oops turns out the Bastion I bought for the ps4 was also a crossbuy ! That's cool :cool: !
Can my save be transferred from the ps4 version to the vita?

cross buy game usually have cross save in the menu

I played Uncharted back when vita released. Bought it together.
I will get to Gravity Rush later, not in the mood right now.
I was thinking of three things:

1)a mindless action game for short fun sessions. Somewhere I roam around bashing stuff in real-time battles. Hence the question about Ragnarok, Dragons Crown, Souls Sacrifice etc.
2)something Anime, cos I have never played such stuff before. Hence my asking about Akiba, I do have persona 4 there but something lighter ...what about those hyperdimension games? They seem costly though.

3) some RPG, ornate ,beautiful ,detailed. I was even looking at Oreshika due to its beautiful style, but does it ahve too much management and less fights? Crisis core does not run on the Vita. I have no idea about RPGs. But I want one.

fun bashing stuff = dragons crown. but one level is VERY LONG.

something Anime is Atelier series for best 3D visual quality (still looks like shit). but theres a bunch of beautiful looking 2D games, especialy those powered by Live2D. Best gameplay is Gravity Rush.

some RPG like that is... nothing

No good RPG :( ? What about that Lost dimension or what was that other one, forget the name now.

Is gravity Rush that good? I had plus on a different account before so don't have that. Tight now I would have to choose one game: Ys , Dragons Crown, Gravity Rush, Akiba, some anime stuff.

What about that crazy weird title Akibas Trip? Lol ..is it worth it?

Back