Halo 5: Guardians [XO]

Actually, she never died in Halo 4.
You have to let go, man. She's gone. It's like that great toaster you once owned, it used to make toast just perfect every damn time. And then the toaster sacrifices itself to save the universe and is destroyed. You rush out and buy another, just like it, same model and everything. But it slightly under-browns or burns the toast. AI constructs, like toasters, are not all the same. :nope:

But I just talked to her this morning, she told me my day was going to suck with one wedding and flooding on the schedule. ;) I don't want to go!

So it looks like we are gettings some hype leaks over the next few weeks, be interesting to see just how much they give us.

and she just with me making a new video, a few days ago

seriously, back about Halo. If cortana dies at halo 4 (i really dont remember she died, she just gone crazy), then master chief in Halo 5 will be talking with himself?

or the dude AI that was in Halo Assault the Spartan will be star of Halo 5?

but i think the only 100% certain is, cortana will be back on Halo 5. I mean, Microsoft has gone full-tilt with cortana branding for everything from phone to desktop to laptop to tablet as integral part of Win 10.

Cortana will be back...I gotta believe.
I guess I'm in the minority, but I actually liked Halo 4's attempt at progressing the character development of Chief.

Without Cortana dying/being lost, what is the big motivation for Halo 5/6. I think saving Humanity (again) would've become cliched if that was Chief's only goal in 5. It also makes him a little of an anti-hero for the next couple of games.

Who cares for Cortana! Halo was never about story and storytelling.

I hope they deliver on the action and gameplay side!

I really need a new Halo experience...it has been a while :yep:

Let me fight a giant scarab while being on a much larger scarab who himself fights a huge alien monster! Yeah baby :cool:

Who cares for Cortana! Halo was never about story and storytelling.

It might not have been for you, but the numerous terminals, books, comics, anime & live action movies/TV mini series would seriously disagree with your statement. Thank goodness too since they created a wonderful universe for telling stories. Granted not all of the stories have been Hugo Award winning works, but there have been a few nuggets in there.

Tommy McClain

My problem with Halo stories is that they are so confusing and I just can't follow them.

If I wouldn't come here to B3D and followed conversations about Halo's plot...I would have no clue.

And this from someone who could follow MGS4 story.

Of course, a personal opinion only. But it took me some serious effort besides the games to know whats going on in Halo.

You have to let go, man. She's gone. It's like that great toaster you once owned, it used to make toast just perfect every damn time. And then the toaster sacrifices itself to save the universe and is destroyed. You rush out and buy another, just like it, same model and everything. But it slightly under-browns or burns the toast. AI constructs, like toasters, are not all the same. :nope:
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

o3xrXqB.gif

Let it go... She's dead.

The Halo4 storyline is a utter cluster fuck.
:mrgreen:

It has frozen my heart against 343i. ಠ_ಠ
Hah, you seem to be Frozen too.

I like Halo 4 story, I see nothing wrong with it. It's the most human of Halo stories, along with Reach. It's a love story too, that's the genius of it, and that's why it's awesome. Me likes :)

Cortana will be back...I gotta believe.
I guess I'm in the minority, but I actually liked Halo 4's attempt at progressing the character development of Chief.

Without Cortana dying/being lost, what is the big motivation for Halo 5/6. I think saving Humanity (again) would've become cliched if that was Chief's only goal in 5. It also makes him a little of an anti-hero for the next couple of games.
Yes, NOTHING indicates Cortana is dead.

I wouldn't count Cortana out of the game just yet. :) She left most of her fragments with the Didact who may also not be totally dead. Dr. Halsey is not dead either, she gave an eulogy for Noble Six years later than the current time in Halo 4 (in Halo Reach) and I highly doubt 343i will use a different character for Halo 5.

Cortana had all that data from the Forerunner technology, she met with the Librarian, and she split herself a lot on the final mission. She could have possibly found a way to survive. Maybe a fragment of her is still left or the Forerunners might have keep her alive for a purpose, only 343i know.

Gamers still have not even barely touched the amount of story to Master Chief as well read fans like @Laa Yosh will know

Last edited:
even if she's dead, she can be revived because Halo 5 story is far away in the future. Then the explanation will be on Halo 5 Reach...

or dont explain anything and just walk with it. Bungie did it successfully with Destiny.

Yes, NOTHING indicates Cortana is dead.
Did you not finish Halo 4?

When the Chief and Cortona land on the Didact's ship and realise the only option is 'plan B', Cortana inserts herself into the ship's system to fight the ship's security and help the Chief. From this point on she's now part of the Didact's ship. A long fight through the ship ensues until the inevitable final confrontation where Cortana helps the Chief defeat the Didact, who falls into the slipspace rift - fate unknown.

The Chief then activates the bomb which destroys the Didact's ship where Cortana is. It then transpires that Cortana held a little of herself back to exfil the Chief after detonation but before the actual explosion which is how he survived. She then tells him: "I'm not coming with you this time. Most of me is down there" referring to the destroyed ship. You then see Chief floating in space among the wreckage where it's quite clear, the ship is destroyed - there are only small pieces of debris left.

If it wasn't any clearer, before they board the Broadsword for the Didact's ship Cortana says: "They'll pair you with another AI. Maybe even another Cortana model if Halsey lets them. -- It won't be me, you know that right?"

All that remains of Cortana was a minuscule fragment that is suffering extreme rampancy. You have to consider that the UNSC don't value AI constructs, only their strategic knowledge. The reason Keyes entrusted Cortana to the Chief in the original Halo wasn't to protect Cortana as much as it was to keep her knowledge of the UNSC's battle plans from the Covenant.

There is no 'cure' for rampancy because the UNSC don't need to cure an AI, they just replace it. Any contrived explanation for trying to rebuild her would be utter nonsense and inconsistent. But this is 343 not Bungie :runaway:

Last edited by a moderator:
@DSoup

O_O

i think MIB just wiped my brain. I dont remember any of that. What i remembered was "Press X" QTE and i kicked the boss from a bridge.

The reason you dont remember that is because the entire rest of the Halo 4 story was a complete and total clusterfuck of a mess. Way too complicated just for the sake of being complicated and convoluted.

The reason you dont remember that is because the entire rest of the Halo 4 story was a complete and total clusterfuck of a mess. Way too complicated just for the sake of being complicated and convoluted.

I'm replaying all the Halo games through MCC. I really don't remember Halo 4 being so bad story wise, but I'm only on Halo 2, so I guess I'll check it out (again) when I get there.

I thought it was at least comparable to Halo 1-3.

I wasn't to big a fan of the Hound any types, but other than that I thought it was OK. My biggest gripe was the disappearing weapons.

How do you know you didn't try to do that before and your state of disrepair right now is a result of that.

Back