Halo Master Chief Collection [H:MCC] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

@NRP I'm not certain but I think they might have MP Playlists that are split out by gametype and game-engine, such as BTB H4 or BTB H3. I haven't gone into the MP side yet.

The reason they kept the maps within each specific engine was to pacify the long-time MP players who have memorized all the individual quirks of the original Maps on the original game Engine. If they ported them all to H4 engine, they would have complaints about how the maps no longer play the same because quirk XYZ isn't there.

343i can't win either way. I haven't picked this up yet, but definitely will for the SP alone. Currently, I still need to finish Halo Wars of my backlog. I wish they would release a Game of the Year edition that would include the other ports they are working on.

First Halo 3: ODST screengrab of the Halo The Master Chief Collection version running on Xbox One. Halo: ODST is the only game of the Halo series I didn't play to date.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03...t-on-xbox-one?abthid=550319a06398f1f503000018

halo-the-master-chief-collection-odst-plazajpg-52a90d.jpg

Looks nice, but the machine gun looks out of place in a sci fi game
Are we talking ODST in particular or Halo in general? Things started getting a bit less fantastical in that era, but Halo's human weapons have never been all that exotic. Mostly it's just a lack of sights and an aim for very clean silhouettes that led to geometrically-distinct and interesting designs.

plus the cross-hair is huge
Halo close-quarters automatic weapons tend to have large spread patterns. The reticle should be huge.

Last edited:
Yeah that's a part of the Halo fiction that has always puzzled me... The UNSC spent an incredible amount of money, effort and manpower on developing supersoldiers and made them nearly invincible with the armor, and then they equipped them with standard weapons. The only thing that bungie added, quite late into the games, was the Spartan Laser, and even that could have been easily used by ODSTs; then 343 also added the Gauss gun, but that's it. Halo 5 should really come up with some better weaponry for the Spartans.

ODST was such an oddball game. I'm one who rather liked it. I remember at the time it released just this storm of "ITS ONLY SIX HOURS IT SUCKS ITS THE WORST GAME EVER SIX HOURS SIX HOURS".

It's literally Halo as 40's film noir. I mean what the heck? Who would dream up that mashup? And (imo) it actually works.

I guess I must be in the minority because I rank it last in my Halo FPS-type games. It's not just because there wasn't the Master Chief in it as I really enjoyed Reach. I still consider it to be good/OK, but I've never felt the urge to return once I finished it.

The music was great. The set pieces were nice (the actual levels, except.. maybe the one in the underground/caves). The ending tank/hog/mongoose rockets section was pretty cool in a couple sections (carrier glassing the city or seeing the scarabs walk around), but if ODST had actual side-quests like a typical open-world, maybe it could have been less boring to tread around. The random AI encounters got old after a while. Plus those damn insects.

Take those random encounters in Reach/New Alexandria for example, but all the humans are dead or gone already for all of the Rookie sections. There was maybe that one part where you see the brute torturing the engineer, but... eh.

Plus no elite vs brutes encounters.

There's potential if they were to build upon that with a good budget.

343i is a frackin joke. I seriously have zero confidence in those boobs.

My all time favorite franchise . . . in the hands of boobs.

Without freaking Firefight.

I agree with NRP; 343 boobs.

Well on the plus side ODST is coming for free to owners of Halo: MCC.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/22/halo3-odst-on-xbox-one/

No new graphics, just resolution increase and 60 FPS. One of the multiplayer maps will get revamped though.

Regards,
SB

Not free to all owners of Halo: MCC...

Halo 3: ODST CampaignDevelopment has just started on the campaign for Halo 3: ODST, which will be available within Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and upgraded to 1080p resolution, running at 60fps. It will be available for free to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).* Thanks to our friends at Bungie for creating the original “Halo 3: ODST” campaign.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-the-master-chief-collection-thank-you

So it looks like owners after 12.19.14 will have to pay for it. I've checked blog posts since this & they haven't changed their original announcement. Now, they could between now & the update, but they haven't indicated they will.

Tommy McClain

Seriously, ODST's Firefight mode was badass. I have no frackin idea why they wouldn't include it. Frackin boobs.

Not free to all owners of Halo: MCC...

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-the-master-chief-collection-thank-you

So it looks like owners after 12.19.14 will have to pay for it. I've checked blog posts since this & they haven't changed their original announcement. Now, they could between now & the update, but they haven't indicated they will.

Tommy McClain
Unlucky at gambling lucky in love... that's just me. LOL I am eligible to get Halo ODST for free.
Seriously, ODST's Firefight mode was badass. I have no frackin idea why they wouldn't include it. Frackin boobs.
Maybe they will include it as a paid DLC later, especially to compensate for those that are going to get the game for free.

dunno if you feel like playing Halo games once again but I have unfulfilled obligations with Halo 2, and now at 60 fps I might be capable of achieving that..

By unfulfilled obligations I mean that I completed the game several times -it was my 1st game in my 1st console-, but never on Legendary without having to decrease the difficulty to Heroic in the hangar part.

Back