Wolfenstein: The New Order

Its on sale till 20th, almost half price in our store. I think I will pick it up but downloading 50 gb might not be possible for me for quite some time :(

So, i bought it and its like 34gb downloaded. Thanks to Play Go I am playing already. I have to say the game has a strange mix of Old school feel and new modern shooter goals and emotions. It feels like a AA game, but has you hooked like a AAA title. More on that later.

Well, I am enjoying stealthing through quite a lot and the game rewards exploration , so, I am hooked.
But I have a strange issue which is spoiling my experience completely :( :
I can hardly hear the dialogues !

All the gunfire (awesome sound fx) and explosions and everything is loud and clear but the dialogues are hardly audible during gameplay. THe dialogue volume is fine during cutscenes, but I literally have to read the subtitles to know what is being said or what I am being asked to do :( , which obviously I cannot do when I trying to shoot the hell outta Nazi demons ! The issue persists even after updating the game , which was a huge 5gb patch !

Is anyone else facing this issue? is there any known solution please? The game has no sliders for individual audio streams in options, so I cannot reduce the volume of sfx in anyway. This has completely ruined the awesome atmosphere of the game and I am unable to follow whats going on !

So, i bought it and its like 34gb downloaded. Thanks to Play Go I am playing already. I have to say the game has a strange mix of Old school feel and new modern shooter goals and emotions. It feels like a AA game, but has you hooked like a AAA title. More on that later.

Well, I am enjoying stealthing through quite a lot and the game rewards exploration , so, I am hooked.
But I have a strange issue which is spoiling my experience completely :( :
I can hardly hear the dialogues !

All the gunfire (awesome sound fx) and explosions and everything is loud and clear but the dialogues are hardly audible during gameplay. THe dialogue volume is fine during cutscenes, but I literally have to read the subtitles to know what is being said or what I am being asked to do :( , which obviously I cannot do when I trying to shoot the hell outta Nazi demons ! The issue persists even after updating the game , which was a huge 5gb patch !

Is anyone else facing this issue? is there any known solution please? The game has no sliders for individual audio streams in options, so I cannot reduce the volume of sfx in anyway. This has completely ruined the awesome atmosphere of the game and I am unable to follow whats going on !

If it helps, I had no problem with sound ...

Try changing your Windows Audio Properties between Stereo and 5.1/7.1 setups. It might help.

^ judging by his description, he is playing PS4 version.

I also did not have problems. I noticed few times that audio is lower, but it did not bother me. I always play with subtitles turned on.

^ judging by his description, he is playing PS4 version.

I also did not have problems. I noticed few times that audio is lower, but it did not bother me. I always play with subtitles turned on.

Aah! I should realize I'm in Console thread and he mentions PlayGo :oops:

On the other hand I always thought that game compatibility issues are only available to PC gamers as their reward for sticking with open hardware platforms :devilish:

On the other hand I always thought that game compatibility issues are only available to PC gamers as their reward for sticking with open hardware platforms :devilish:

Audio is definitely more complicated because of the number of options to output it (TV stereo, 5.1, 7.1, stereo headphones, surround headphones, TV stereo virtual surround). It doesn't take a huge mismatch in settings vs hardware for sounds to go all screwy and even when when the game corresponds with your hardware, if your passthrough equipment (TV, AV, switch box) isn't setup properly you get more weirdness!

Yeah, but most games give u sliders for volumes of dialogues, six and music separately. This one doesn't, so there seems to be no way to alleviate the problem. My guess is that the sound has a very wide dynamic range, hence the loss of volume of the dialogues on my stereo setup. Right now the workaround that has made the situation a bit bearable is that I am using very lo-fi iPod earphones for the game. The range gets so small in these earphones, that I am getting a bit better balance between sfx and dialogues. Atleast, now I can tell when someone is talking and most of the times follow it too.

But this situation should not happen. Feels stupid to play with those iPod earphones :rolleyes: !

I am enjoying the game quite a lot, but lately am getting a bit bored of all the walking around. I want more of that awesome feel of shooting that this game has :) ! Hope the mayhem is more uninterrupted further on in the game. I am in the Berlin prison, as of now.

I am enjoying the game quite a lot, but lately am getting a bit bored of all the walking around. I want more of that awesome feel of shooting that this game has :) ! Hope the mayhem is more uninterrupted further on in the game. I am in the Berlin prison, as of now.

You have just started the game, and the campaign is long. :) There will be a lot of action down the line [and thankfully few other spots with slower pace].

One of my best games of 2014 will soon get 20$ standalone DLC for PC and nextgen [no oldgen] called Wolfenstein: The Old Blood that will cover two missions set before the start of The New Order. :D Game will be out on May 5 and first gameplay session will be shown in a few days on Pax East.

The year is 1946 and the Nazis are on the brink of winning World War 2. In an effort to turn the tide in the Allies' favour, B.J. Blazkowicz must embark on an epic, two-part mission deep within Bavaria.

Part one of Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - Rudi Jäger and the Den of Wolves - pits B.J. Blazkowicz against a maniacal prison warden as he breaks into Castle Wolfenstein in an attempt to steal the coordinates to General Deathshead's compound.

In part two - The Dark Secrets of Helga Von Schabbs - our hero's search for the coordinates leads him to the city of Wulfburg where an obsessed Nazi archaeologist is exhuming mysterious artefacts that threaten to unleash a dark and ancient power.

16085395354_5362a49723_h.jpg

xfoesc.jpg

vqtpkr.jpg

bxwziu.jpg

Ugh, the pricing of digital games is killing me. I would have had this as one of my first purchases but I'm not swapping any more discs once I'm done with GTA V and MCC, and it literally hurts me.. literally, I get pains thinking about how the game is $20 if I walk into Best Buy and it's $60 if I want to download it.

DLC looks great but I don't know what "stand alone" DLC means. I would take that to mean you don't need the original game at all, I'm pretty sure this isn't the case.

This DLC does not requires original game, it is stand alone. 2 prequel missions set before the end of WW2 [which was shown in the opening of The New Order].

PC and PS4 will even get retail release of The Old Blood, Xbone wont. Dunno why.

This DLC does not requires original game, it is stand alone. 2 prequel missions set before the end of WW2 [which was shown in the opening of The New Order].

PC and PS4 will even get retail release of The Old Blood, Xbone wont. Dunno why.

Ah, cool then. In that case, I'll probably grab it to get my Wolfenstein fix!

Getting a retail release is godsend for me... The german version of WTNO was censored a lot (no original voices and... well no swastikas... and the original VA is pretty good here). Importing it for sure.

Back