Because last-gen remasters are too mainstream: SE presents Final Fantasy X Re-Re-Remaster for PS4

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13524

For only 50€:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/03/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-on-ps4-arriving-may

93LRhIl.jpg

How re-re-mastered is this re-master? If it doesn't look like the FMV cutscenes during normal gameplay, all the time, I'm not interested. :nope:

Just kidding, I'd play FFX all over again if I had the time.

I think I'll wait for the Final Fantasy X | X2 HD Remaster | Extreme Definitive Edition. Because, you know, it's just a matter of time.

Look at these spectacular graphics that were completely impossible to render in the PS3 because of reasons:

QwkImtN.jpg

I ALREADY BOUGHT THE PS2 VERSION AND THE PS3 VERSION SE! YOUR SO MONEY GRUBBING ITS SICK! NOT PAYING A CENT FOR THIS GARBAGE!
You mean you skipped the Vita version? Heretic!

I'd call this a remake, not a remaster, but to each their own. This game is clearly a remake.

You mean you skipped the Vita version? Heretic!

Technically i did buy that recently for a friend cause he owns a Vita TV and never played the original. Meh..i guess i'll sell my PS3 version to clear out space for the new version...whatever, its a great game, i aint even mad like that.

STEELBOOK version

Steel my rear... its a bloody plastic. a EVANGELION ANIME VCD is the only true "Steel case" i ever have and now full of rust.

Afaik the only redeeming feature in this PS4 version is the option to listen to the original score besides the orchestral remaster?

FFX was quite possibly the most boring FF I ever tried playing, after FFXIII. I won't soon buy one again. I only liked 7,8 and 12.

I'd call this a remake, not a remaster, but to each their own. This game is clearly a remake.
Remaster is taking the original material and reworking it into Better (different edit, colour correction, remove blemishes, improve special effects). Remake is starting again from scratch to make a new version of the old creation. This is a 'remaster'.

Or better 'recycling'. Or 'milking'. Or 'exploitation of a bizarre addiction FFX fans to buy the same game over and over again'.

Wouldn't it be funny if Sony announced, 6 months after people bought this, full PS2 BC on PS4 with upscaled visuals...

Finally someone else figured out how to print money like Nintendo have done for the last 20 years. Remake games forever.

(I'm being snarky but I think it's cool)

why its only HALO and Homeworld that got proper remaster... most other remaster just a simple "render at higher resolution, replace a few texture with a wee-bit more detailed here and there).

heck, a "fan remaster" is even more awesome (something like Xenoblade PC-Dolphin High-res asset by fans)

Remaster is taking the original material and reworking it into Better (different edit, colour correction, remove blemishes, improve special effects). Remake is starting again from scratch to make a new version of the old creation. This is a 'remaster'.

Or better 'recycling'. Or 'milking'. Or 'exploitation of a bizarre addiction FFX fans to buy the same game over and over again'.

Wouldn't it be funny if Sony announced, 6 months after people bought this, full PS2 BC on PS4 with upscaled visuals...
hahah, that would be nice, they could call it FFX: Shifty's Remaster Quest... I don't know about you, but I've never been into FF games, although it will be interesting to know how this game will turn out but with those premises I don't see it really suited for the PS4. There are a lot of nice games that deserve a revisit from that era though..

Why not remaster FFXII instead. That game was so amazing.:(

qi5GWM2.png
Qaablz7.jpg

Because after looking at this character some press would scream "MISOGYNEEHH", "OMG LINGERIE ARMOR" and call it a game that drives women out of the industry and promotes rape.
Also, the game seems to be about saving a princess at first, so damsel in distress and patriarchy.

Final Fantasy X-2 features a girl-band saving the world, so that's okay.

i have to wonder though... how the feeling of wearing armor as tight as that O_O

btw FF XII on PC

finalfantasy12izjs_03.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Need texture mod...

Well, Fran (the bunny lady) and her companion Balthier are generally considered to be FFXII's best characters, so safe for a couple of harmless remarks on her attire I wouldn't expect an outrage here. Besides, if FFXV's Cidney is any indication, SE doesn't really give much of a fuck about the professionally offended twitter sphere.

Back