Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Man I have warlock gear to hit 31 and over a bit, I have three warlock exotics too haha. But I can't be arsed to start playing with my level 2 warlock and make the grind to 20 and unlock all the subclass abilities for both of them (this is the worse bit out of the two)

The same guy who supposedly found Xur's inventory next two weeks also supposedly knows the strikes. He claims this weeks nightfall will be Sepiks with arc burn. sounds about right, it's been a while since Sepiks.

Next week is supposed to be Archon Priest with all 3 burn.

Oh and for Pelupa apparently how they do it is by getting the IP's from the tower, when you are the only player in there. Xur has his own IP, (you have your own, and every other NPC has one altogether, 3 IP's) and somehow they do some kid of snooping shenanigans on it, involving hexadecimal. It's apparently pretty time consuming Like 3 hours to figure out one week), and each week must be done in order (in other words you cant just go look at lets say 3 weeks out, you have to spend a lot of time figuring out one and two weeks first). Well at least if the thread I read is to be believed.

Edit: But the other Destiny leaker claims Bungie has alternate Xur's ready to insert if desired (which he discovered this week when Xur was supposed to sell heavy but did not), with different things for sale. So at any time they can throw a curveball, like sell gallahorn even when it's not on the leakers "predicted" lists for Xur. Supposedly...

They probably send the packets through a computer to analyze the packets to know where the IPs go.
I know that's how I used VPN on my PS4 while I was in China to make sure how stable my connection is (raw connection from China sucks big time)

There's two things to note that I think the majority of people are missing.

1. By what happened around Christmas we know Bungie can and will change Xur's parameters around if they feel they need to do it.
2. A pre-determined list doesn't mean it's not random. A list may be randomly generated. So yes it is possible to predict what Xur is selling by doing such things, but it doesn't mean it's not random. Or you'd have to dismiss the majority of randomly generated numbers from computers.

he explains that the point he want to make is. bungie said they did not control xur. while in realitry, they control xur.

Deej

Hey, there. Let me attempt to clear some things up here.

Xur is randomized. There are times when we can pull off miracles like making him stay in the Tower longer when Christmas is cancelled, but his inventory is governed by the same chaos that influences all the loot drops.

Comments in that video about "the plan" were more about the fact that we know what he's selling before he appears, even if we can't reach out and stock his shelves ourselves. We set him in motion, and his will is not his own.

Also in that video, you can hear me confessing that I'm not always in the loop when it comes to these things, so you should take pre-game lobby comments among friends with a grain of salt. That video was from months ago, and I was still learning the intricacies of all the new systems that we launched with the game.

These conspiracy theories are symptoms of a burning desire. Gjallarhorn is the most popular ask that comes my way. I know you want it, even more than the collective requests for more vault space. As you can see, these are things that are beyond my control. I don't have one either.

I'll do my best to talk to the people who create the code that drives Xur, and see if we can make him more valuable to you in the future.

The exact quote

The only definitive thing I see is that Xur is randomized, and a pre-calculated list (that may or may not be random) doesn't make it not random, i.e. is not proof that the list isn't randomly generated.

However, as all randomized lists go, it's difficult to prove or disprove that the list is random, especially when we don't have a large sample size, and that the test conditions are in fact in flux (updates, patches, DLCs... etc.)

However, I do confess that I have all exotic weapons and armor (with 3 of Icebreaker, T&P, PI, Gjallarhorn due to their insane usefulness)

I'm also only missing a 331 hawkmoon, which I shreadded because I thought my 300 hawkmoon is 331. and I shreadded the 331 instead of checking again. I'll keep that in mind. However, everything else is 331.
Being the usual sword bearer I really do have very little need for heavy ammo. Thus, Xur is quite useless to me curently.

Last edited:
Man I have warlock gear to hit 31 and over a bit, I have three warlock exotics too haha. But I can't be arsed to start playing with my level 2 warlock and make the grind to 20 and unlock all the subclass abilities for both of them (this is the worse bit out of the two)

I had the same problem and just did 2-3 levels per character session to not make it too painful. Around lv13/14 getting to 20 doesn't feel like a chore anymore.

i tried to levelup my warehouse-warlock... and... omg the game is super boring because the enemy are bullet sponges....

luckily the Crucible still plays the exact same

Destiny "forgotten" gameplay elements
  • Laser mine-claymore (once on intro mission)
  • Crawling fallen (a few times on missions)
  • Teleporting Vex (they do teleport, but more seldom than fallen)
  • Teleporting Hive (they can teleport but most of the time just spawn from black hole)
  • Teleporting Fallen (they can teleport but very seldom used)
  • Ghost's flashlight (used randomly)
  • Ghost's ability to interact with environment (only used for 1st mission and unlocking doors on others)
  • Ghost's ability to detect enemies (randomly used)
  • Ghost's ability to narrate the (minimal) story (almost non existent on PS TDB, non existent on Xbox TDB)
  • Hive's sword that corrupting guardian (mentioned in story, not implemented in gameplay)
  • Servitor's ability to buff fallen (used minimally)
  • The clumsy cover mechanic

Destiny "forgotten" gameplay elements

• Laser mine-claymore (once on intro mission) - hunter' tripmine
  • Crawling fallen (a few times on missions)- Crota's end abyss (in the form of crawling thralls?)
  • Teleporting Vex (they do teleport, but more seldom than fallen) - Er, they still do. Remember how they spawn and how praetoreons dodge your fusion rifles/rockets?
  • Teleporting Hive (they can teleport but most of the time just spawn from black hole) - that's rare
  • Teleporting Fallen (they can teleport but very seldom used)- Ok havn't seen that too much, but Sepkis prime does.
  • Ghost's flashlight (used randomly)- should be able to turn on and off, but, anyway.
  • Ghost's ability to interact with environment (only used for 1st mission and unlocking doors on others) - Eris explicitly said that Ghosts are released by the traveler to open doors don't you pay attention?
  • Ghost's ability to detect enemies (randomly used) - they activate failsafes for all I'm concerned.
  • Ghost's ability to narrate the (minimal) story (almost non existent on PS TDB, non existent on Xbox TDB) as above
  • Hive's sword that corrupting guardian (mentioned in story, not implemented in gameplay) - well that's hard to implement. do you want TK on with the sword? (not that it'll matter)
  • Servitor's ability to buff fallen (used minimally) - ya I don't see how the purple goo buffs stuff.
  • The clumsy cover mechanic - well, it's not exactly clumsy except for the fact that there's very little cover that qualifies its use. And I think that's a good thing. Gives the environment much more variety rather than sandbags everywhere like lots of FPSs, also keeps the pace going (which is a large part of the addicting feature of Destiny).

Get your paw off my...
*beep*

BQMtDvo.jpg

luckily it happened when i just helping friend doing bounties... not RAID.

i totally need to move my PS4 somewhere higher...

(in case somebody wondering, yeah that's an X360 under its puny feet)

Got legendary Arc machine gun called The Culling. The cool thing is it dropped with field scout and when activated it holds 150 bullets. I didn't know MG's could go that high. I assumed they topped out at 100 like Corrective Measure. Anyway I'll keep it.

2/3 nightfall report, got another coiled hiss (which I sharded cause I like the perks on my already maxed one better, it has speed reload and feeding frenzy (reload) that make up for the low mag) and 10 energy. Energy has been really getting low for me the last few weeks, I guess because I'm a weapon upgrading monster, so i actually didn't mind. I think I only had 28 energy even after getting those 10. I guess inevitably I will eventually have to run VOG again to get more. Which will be fun. I have not run it one time since Dark Below. I even run the daily missions more regularly partly in hopes of getting energy. On the bright side even when I get a useless legendary weapon, I am still happy I can shard it for energy.

I dont know since the buff I dont feel like pulse rifles are super beast or anything. I also like the feel of them probably the least. There's no satisfying crunchyness to them, or brap brap like AR.

I haven't run Crota's End in like 3 weeks. But probably will tonight. Main goal of it is to get last guy to 32.

Bungie said at least there will be another major update before House of Wolves, although they wont talk about it's contents yet. The #1 thing the game needs is MORE VAULT SPACE. It SERIOUSLY hampers my playing, because I cannot hoard weapons, and it also makes switching between characters a much larger pain. So I hope that comes sooner than HoW. But, I have a feeling the new social space in House will have more vendors that can collect your stuff. So relief will not be until HoW if true.

There is good sides to having to wait until May 19, it gives me a leisurely feeling of trying to just max my chars, like all 3 32, every weapon and armor I want, etc. No rush at all. The other good side is if it came in march, we'd have had a 6 month wait for new content. If it comes in May, only a 4 month wait until the rumored Comet in September. So it evens out waiting a bit, gets the worst waiting out of the way now.

Pulse rifles went from completely useless to usable. Oversoul Edict is a good crota weapon (and even a pretty good general purpose weapon), and Red Death is actually quite good now (only two pulse rifles I've kept). Both are even pretty good in crucible, but Hawkmoon is my defacto crucible primary (that thing is a BEAST).

And fyi: in case you didn't know or have it, the destiny app is amazing now with the ability to move items around. Doing so is instant and it saves you a lot of time if you're one of the people that move gear/weapons between characters (which I didn't do before, but I might actually consider now). You can also do it from the bungie website.

Last edited:
Lol, I was topping up my ammo synth on my characters. So yeah, I was using the app. Plus I forgot to buy the helm of saint 14 in case I make another titan.

And congrats on that crux. :)

lol yeah thanks :D although i will keep it on postmaster. Dunno when i will use it,, i heard Necrocasm sux really bad.

Pulse rifles went from completely useless to usable. Oversoul Edict is a good crota weapon (and even a pretty good general purpose weapon), and Red Death is actually quite good now (only two pulse rifles I've kept). Both are even pretty good in crucible, but Hawkmoon is my defacto crucible primary (that thing is a BEAST).

And fyi: in case you didn't know or have it, the destiny app is amazing now with the ability to move items around. Doing so is instant and it saves you a lot of time if you're one of the people that move gear/weapons between characters (which I didn't do before, but I might actually consider now). You can also do it from the bungie website.

It isn't that good if you're doing a full character swap (ie 4-6 weapons of each type and you have a crowded vault). In that case I think it saves you little if any time. And yes unlike you I tend to swap over a whole crapload of weapons from character to character. and also all inventory, etc.

It's great if you just need heavy synth, or that certain gun you forgot, or you're just transferring over 3 guns, or stuff like that, though.

And in that vein I just found this from reddit, could be amazing https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...ager/apghicjnekejhfancbkahkhdckhdagna/related

It's just for Chrome so far and I havent even used it yet, but I guess it's like extension for instant swapping tons of stuff between characters. You dont have to go through vault first either.

For starters make sure you're logged in to Bungie.net before you even try it or it will just say loading.

Needs some work and I havent explored it yet, but in some time could be awesome. For starters I think you pretty much need different emblems on each character to tell them apart as well.

Oh it also basically requires a setup like I have, with a PC on in the next room to destiny. But yeah it's perfect for me.

Last edited:
Yea I agree the app isn't that fast and takes a lot of time when you have to switch a lot of stuff, especially weapons as it goes through multiple sub menus and wait periods (which is useless since you can pretty much cancel them by pressing back and it would still transfer your items).

It's much faster to do it via a browser, I have a tablet that I just use but sometimes flash is a bit shit and makes things slow.

Also that chrome extension is great, you could make it work even without separate embelem as the order is similar to how the inventory is listed so the character listen on the right will be on the right side even in the pop up menu where it asks you to equip/store when you want to switch items. The only issue I see with this extension is when you try to equip a character with an item that is equipped by another at that very moment (especially stuff like armour), it won't immediately show up and it might require you to refresh the browser for the changes to show. I guess it's because it has to do many things at once with a single mouse button click, such as:

1) un-equip the item
2) equip another item in place
3) move to vault
4) move it to second character
5) ue-equip whatever the second character is wearing (move it to vault if the space is full)
6) equip the other item from the first character that was moved to vault previously

Because even though it works at an instant the extension still has to do all these stuff through Bungie.net where the only way to switch stuff is to move it through vault.

Last edited:
Back