Last month of the year... What's missing?

vb

Regular
1. Technology preview of PowerVR's series 5
2. S3's DeltaChrome launch/preview
3. .....?

And not much time left. Volari launches on 8th and I would suspect anything will happen before 20th or no one will give a ****

digitalwanderer said:
vb said:
Volari launches on 8th
Volari on the 8th? Really? Where did you get that date?

They sent press release. Don't know why you didnt get it as you seem to have good connections with them.

I can forward it to your mail, or you can just go to theinquirerer.

Zvekan

Hmmm...could be that I haven't checked my e-mail all weekend/week. :| (Hey, it's been a holiday weekend and it's all that I can do to keep up with the kids and stay sane!)

Thanks for the heads-up either way. :)

It's definitely missing games worth playing... but oh well, Series 5 makes up for that :)

vb said:
The Baron said:
It's definitely missing games worth playing... but oh well, Series 5 makes up for that :)

You know stuff..... :devilish:
No, I don't know jack about Series 5. That's why I'm excited. If they do a decent job on it and it has decent core/memory speeds (say 350/350), it could be the Unexpected Big Winner. I just like TBDR stuff for the sake of liking TBDR stuff. :)

The Baron said:
I just like TBDR stuff for the sake of liking TBDR stuff. :)

just like I do eDRAM... to bad that it didn't turn out to be viable sollution.

in any case, what we did see:
- Bitboys delivering at least something.
- nVidia marketing and driver departments taking "the stuff" outerlimits and beyond it.
- ATi delivering acceptable drivers for many purposes. (IMO this is the first year they have been able to do this.)
- PowerVR/ImgTech launching bunch of spec sheets, demos and announcing more MBX licenses. (not nessesarily bad thing... it's about the point of view. ;) )
- Futuremark taking much better grip on conversations about cheating.
- long time name graphics chip name 'Trident' dying.
- SIS really pushing graphics depapartment on higher level.
- 3DLabs / Creative being quiet about entrace on consumer 3D market.
- Matrox releasing another '2D' business sollution (this time without talking head(tm.))

can't come up with any new ones... :)

You should really check your email, dig. How do you expect CP to send you anything if he doesn't get any repy from you? :D

parhelia said:
You should really check your email, dig. How do you expect CP to send you anything if he doesn't get any repy from you? :D
I DID check my e-mail, yesterday in fact. All I've gotten from XGI was a PR e-mail changing their debut from the 8th to the 5th. :(

GPU:RW 3.0. is expected this year, too.
That is IF:
- I manage to figure out something regarding some rather annoying issues for site administration.
- God triples my programming speed for christmas.

Hmm... :oops: ;)

Uttar

No, I don't ;)
Which is where the "administrative" issues come from, too :?

Uttar

Back