Paddington Game Lengths

Status
Not open for further replies.
No newgame+ for replay value =/
At least the Interactive Movie experience and action looks to be increase till the later levels .
Someone said to have cleared the game in 5h ( 3 without cutscenes ) , average length looks to be 8-9 without speeding.
Finding collectibles or playing on harder difficulty seems to increase the length though.

from reddit

Youtuber PlayMeThrough completed Order 1886 and answered questions about the game.No spoilers.

Took me a little over 5 hours on my first playthrough (including all cutscenes)

Not much replayability. You can't level up any skills or anything and there is no New Game+. And you cannot skip cutscenes either, so it would be the exact same experience I'm afraid. Pretty much the only side thing you can do is looking for collectibles, but that's it. No challenges or whatever.

Well maybe it's 2 hours or 2,5. I didn't measure the time, but the majority of it is cutscenes. So 1,5 hours or 2,5 hours doesn't seem like a big difference either way. Obviously depends on the player.

If you really get into finding collectibles I'm sure you can spend much more time with it. Or if you play on hard difficulty (which I wasn't). But my best guess, based on what I have captured it's around 1,5h-2h gameplay and rest was cutscenes. Take the first 4 chapters for example, maybe 35% of that was gameplay. Some chapters consist only of cutscenes. And often times there are these "interactive" cutscenes with QTEs where you need to press some buttons, but I wouldn't count that as gameplay.

It's more of an interactive movie to me, which isn't a bad thing. Hence the film stripes. So calm down everyone. Jesus :D

Well sort of... the game doesn't always tell you where to go or what to do exactly. Sometimes you have to figure that out on your own (like moving something to climb up to the next area). Or you have to interact with certain objects or need to wait for your teammates to do something. But all in all it doesn't require too much thinking and all objects you can interact with are highlighted when you stand close to them.

Don't feed the clickbait. I think most people on b3d can smell bullshit from a mile away, that why it didn't reach us yet.

As I said before, this will slowly turn into a spoilerfest from now on. Stop watching leaked videos, nothing good will come of them.

THe twitch guy I watched(for just a minute) was 12 hours in and was near the end. Thats what he said in the comments. I don't see how 5 hours and 12 hours can both be possible for the 1st playthrough. Someone is lying out of the two.

Anyways, when do the reviews come in?

Well you can see for yourselves. There's a full walkthrough of the game (not speed run) on YouTube..and it's 5h20 long:
DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlBoxwve3-ZEy3pPYBI4xlQ6dCcXmWwfX
Ep 1: 12:28
Ep 2: 29:23
Ep 3: 16:33
Ep 4: 46:01
Ep 5: 24:26
Ep 6: 32:42
Ep 7: 7:33
Ep 8: 6:42
Ep 9: 21:38
Ep 10: 43:08
Ep 11: 4:08
Ep 12: 44:16
Ep 13: 5:37
Ep 14: 5:18
Ep 15: 5:32
Ep 16: 10:49
Ep 17 (the end/boss/ch.18): 9:24

I took a quick look at that walkthrough to see if it was a good shooter player burning through the game on a setting that's too easy. Not sure what to think, because the player isn't very good, but the game still looks easy. No idea what setting they're playing on.

I took a quick look at that walkthrough to see if it was a good shooter player burning through the game on a setting that's too easy. Not sure what to think, because the player isn't very good, but the game still looks easy. No idea what setting they're playing on.

Easy he wanted to be the first one to finish it. Attention whore, Andrea Pessino advice on Twitter to do it in Hard. Medium is the default option.

Those who played the game said the guy doesn't look at any story items, doesn't explore, and practically never dies. As far as I'm concerned, that puts the game play time on par with TLoU.

It's clickbait.

And other impression talk about 8h normal to 12 hours on hard to finish it. Platinum is not difficult to have and you need 3 to 4 hours to have it.

Last edited:
As usual, I will start the game on Hard and will try to explore as much as possible during my first playthrough. There is no rush. If the game gives me 11-12+ hours of entertainment in that first run, I will be totally happy.

And then I will hunt for Platinum, they say its pretty easy to get.

back at the time i had bought space ace for atari ST, 70€, a game you would finish in 5min, all QTE based, loadings included, still i loved and played the hell out of it.

Wow, I remember Space Ace! It was by Don Bluth, the man behind the legendary laserdisc game, Dragon's Lair.

Eurogamer have an article 'Ready at Dawn responds to concern over The Order: 1886 campaign length'. In short:

Ready At Dawn said:
"I know there are numbers out there," he said. "I know why the question comes up. I know numbers have been put out there that are actually not right. It's impossible to finish the game in that time, so we know the numbers are wrong. At the end of the day, we're not going to comment on it."

So no comment from RAD. :nope: Apart from that comment. :yep2: Clearly a graduate of the Peter Molyneux School of PR :runaway:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back