TitanFall 2 [Multiplatform]

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend
It seems the next edition is coming to all platforms (minus Wii U).

EA Indicates 'Titanfall 2' Will Come To PS4, Not Just Xbox One

EA and Respawn were very clear that their deal with Microsoft extended only to the first game in the series, and barring any sort of dramatic renegotiation, Titanfall would expand outward after that. Now, we’re hearing from EA directly that it’s very likely going to be the case.

At the 2015 Technology, Internet & Media Conference on Monday, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen spoke about the future of Titanfall (via Gamespot).

“Last year it was on the Xbox only; in the future, we haven’t yet announced, but we’ll probably have another Titanfall game. It will probably be a bigger footprint than just a single platform. I think that’s a huge positive for us.”

This should workout in Respawn's favor... seeing as how Bungie's Destiny sold very well across multiple platforms.

I think almost everyone expected Titanfall 2 to come to PS4, and I'm glad it will because Titanfall was a great game and everyone should have access to it. Reading through that article, I disagree that the game needs a single-player campaign. All the game really needs is a big upgrade to the renderer, a stable framerate and a ton of multiplayer content. It's still probably the best multiplayer shooter I've played on this new gen of consoles. At launch, it could have used some more polish, but they fixed a lot of stuff post-release. Now that the structure of the game is solidified, they just need more maps, more game modes, more customization options, more traversal options and better performance/graphics. If they can make it work, a large map mode with more players would work. I'm always a fan of destruction :) I'd love to run one of those mechs straight through a building. I understand how that would change the dynamic of the game, so it's not likely to be a fit ... but a little destruction would be nice :)

Heh, and MS funded the game and thus started the (apparently successful) franchise for EA.

Seems like a fun game and after all the initial hubbub, settled down to mostly good will towards the game. I believe I got it on disc free with my X1 purchase, but did not play it a ton and eventually traded it in.

To me it's basically content starved though, because it's basically just an arena shooter. Which is fine for what it is. Compared to Destiny there's 100X less content! Anyways as MP shooters are not my thing, it's not my thing. And if I was to pick one, it'd probably be Halo 5.

I often point out in the sales thread though that Titanfall sold a lot better than people seem to understand. Especially for the small userbase it came out too back then. I want to say even Destiny barely outsold it on X1 in UK or something like that. And of course Destiny was selling into a bigger install base.

Heh, and MS funded the game and thus started the (apparently successful) franchise for EA.

They'd been shopping around for a while though, having already been passed over by Sony.

To me it's basically content starved though, because it's basically just an arena shooter.
A few franchises start out with a game selling mostly on the premise of the game but with little actual distinct content. MotorStorm and Assassins Creed both spring to mind. The sequel then builds on the premise, refining basic gameplay based on feedback and experience and adds a lot more content to boot.

I won't be picking this up unless it contains a meaty single player campaign.

Last edited by a moderator:
TitanFall was only $10 with Gold for a short period but I decided to pass on it anyways. I probably should have just bought it just to try it out. And at that price, it almost seemed like a robbery. A good portion of GAF also seemed to think so.

I'm a big sucker for shooters so I probably would have enjoyed it. Eh, next time I guess. It's nice to know EA found success with TitanFall and will release a sequel on the PS4 as well.

TitanFall was only $10 with Gold for a short period but I decided to pass on it anyways. I probably should have just bought it just to try it out. And at that price, it almost seemed like a robbery. A good portion of GAF also seemed to think so.

I'm a big sucker for shooters so I probably would have enjoyed it. Eh, next time I guess. It's nice to know EA found success with TitanFall and will release a sequel on the PS4 as well.
Nooooooooo
I missed out.

Seems like a fun game and after all the initial hubbub, settled down to mostly good will towards the game. I believe I got it on disc free with my X1 purchase, but did not play it a ton and eventually traded it in.

To me it's basically content starved though, because it's basically just an arena shooter. Which is fine for what it is. Compared to Destiny there's 100X less content! Anyways as MP shooters are not my thing, it's not my thing. And if I was to pick one, it'd probably be Halo 5.

I often point out in the sales thread though that Titanfall sold a lot better than people seem to understand. Especially for the small userbase it came out too back then. I want to say even Destiny barely outsold it on X1 in UK or something like that. And of course Destiny was selling into a bigger install base.
Anyone that can see how many that plays on the Xbone?

On the pc there is less than 2000 online, worldwide. Usually it's around 1000 during the day. Many game modes are simply dead. My favorite hard point sees very few, below 20.

Great sexy game, like a 15 year old kid very motivated but lasted less than 60 seconds. I really hope respawn is going to do something extraordinary, like f2p or a very cheap price for everything including dlc.

Ohh and it's a perfect example of the power of the cloud, everyone that bought the game will have nothing but the receipt left when the switch of the servers. I will ask for a refund when they do :)

yeah the community is deaaaaaad in titanfall. Although the gameplay is much more varied and awesome moments than Destiny.

Buuut... Titanfall is whole-time "intense" while Destiny allows to to play calm, just sit in that corner when some real life matter comes.... Destiny is non-intrusive. On the other hand playing Titanfall need my certain focus. Not enough lollygagging.

if Titanfall 2 addressed those and allow cross platform play... i think the player count will be more long lasting.

Titanfall has pretty good roots in traditional shooters in the sense that map traversal was a big part of being a better player.

Where the game fell flat on at least imo was the lack of importance of controlling zones and weapons. There being no power ups and a fast time to kill makes this type of arena game not as good as quake 3 or halo in that respect.

There needs to be a reason to work together but in titanfall there is none. Lone wolfing is completely viable as a pilot but not viable as a titan. It's an interesting dynamic, but formula needs more focus. During each match the game is constantly changing states: a fast TTK shooter like COD, arena style without map control and group style play when operating Titans. I get for some people this is a big part of the appeal, however but as you can see the population has completely fallen off.

They did get the network code right however, so at least they will be a big hard part of the fundamentals moving forward for the 2nd title.

Last edited:
Make titanfall2 have PvE like Destiny and it will be fabulous :D

even if they copy-paste Destiny's formula it will be awesome enough because titanfall have nice dynamics of infantry / titan, verticality.

Titanfall had the misfortunate of launching on a small Xbox One install base and on Origin on PC, which many PC gamers treat like a virus.

The game itself is fantastic. I totally disagree that it did not encourage team play or controlling zones of the map. Hardpoint is an incredibly solid team game. If you didn't play strategically, you got run over, period. Same with capture the flag.

They could probably do some power ups, but I don't think it's necessary. I think what more likely contributed the drop off in the game was the small initial user base and the lack of new content. The DLC should have included new guns and new titans. The number of options were fairly small from the beginning. I think the titans had enough options for customization, but the pilots could have used a lot more variety in weapons and abilities. A few more titan chassis would have been good as well.

All of the problems with Titanfall are easily fixed with a second title, because the fundamentals are sound. It doesn't need cutting edge graphics, but a lot of people were disappointed with the visuals. Fix that and all you need to do is add a lot more content.

The other thing I think hurt it is how PG the violence was. Now, that doesn't bother me, and I actually prefer it that way, but the shooter crowd tends to like assassinations and blood. Titanfall has neither. A gratuitous kill cam would probably be a feature a lot of shooter fans would want.

Edit: Oh, and while Respawn did an amazing job of tweaking a lot of features like being able to make custom builds per game mode, adding the "Ranked chip", making changes to burn cards etc, a lot of it came too late. I think they'll have all this stuff right coming out of the gate for the 2nd game. The burn card feature is fantastic, and they could do a lot by adding a huge variety of creative burn cards, allow people to trade cards etc.

Last edited:
Titanfall had the misfortunate of launching on a small Xbox One install base and on Origin on PC, which many PC gamers treat like a virus.

The game itself is fantastic. I totally disagree that it did not encourage team play or controlling zones of the map. Hardpoint is an incredibly solid team game. If you didn't play strategically, you got run over, period. Same with capture the flag.

They could probably do some power ups, but I don't think it's necessary. I think what more likely contributed the drop off in the game was the small initial user base and the lack of new content. The DLC should have included new guns and new titans. The number of options were fairly small from the beginning. I think the titans had enough options for customization, but the pilots could have used a lot more variety in weapons and abilities. A few more titan chassis would have been good as well.

All of the problems with Titanfall are easily fixed with a second title, because the fundamentals are sound. It doesn't need cutting edge graphics, but a lot of people were disappointed with the visuals. Fix that and all you need to do is add a lot more content.

The other thing I think hurt it is how PG the violence was. Now, that doesn't bother me, and I actually prefer it that way, but the shooter crowd tends to like assassinations and blood. Titanfall has neither. A gratuitous kill cam would probably be a feature a lot of shooter fans would want.

Edit: Oh, and while Respawn did an amazing job of tweaking a lot of features like being able to make custom builds per game mode, adding the "Ranked chip", making changes to burn cards etc, a lot of it came too late. I think they'll have all this stuff right coming out of the gate for the 2nd game. The burn card feature is fantastic, and they could do a lot by adding a huge variety of creative burn cards, allow people to trade cards etc.

While it's true I might be out to lunch on hardpoint (as in not enough hours played, or not playing with enough Gen 10), I do feel people often capture and leave. They're constantly looking for action. I rarely see pilots purposefully joining together and sticking as a group, TTK is so fast, that a single person jumping a group of people can effectively eliminate quite a lot of team (ie Satchel). The feeling of team work while it can be there at times, is not like Halo for instance, where players stick together or die.

Map control like in Quake 3 1v1 is not really existent, where weapons and armors are treated as control, players are running around the map at set intervals attempting to keep these items away from their competition, about the biggest thing in titanfall, in terms of powerup control is about keeping titan's alive - but I seldom see pilots purposefully protecting their teams titans. The game has a hard time rewarding support players, your rank is directly correlated to how much killing you do, not how often you win.

I think some tweaks to the reward system would drastically alter the game, for the better, but I don't think they are attempting to play to that type of crowd. This game is still very COD like.

The rank chip rewards people for playing objectives. But honestly, you're just describing problems typical to playing with randoms in online shooters. I can play Battlefield, where you can gain huge rewards for playing objectives and winning, but there will still be twenty snipers hiding at the edges of the map in domination trying to rack up kills rather than actually win. My experience playing in Titanfall was that teamplay wins. Since the matches are small, I could get a group of friends to fill out an entire team and we used strategy to win more often than not.

Basically, they need a ranked mode where winning the match is the most important factor in improving your rank. The rank chip sort of solves that, but it came too late in the game.

Actually, a good way to do it would be to have the rank chip which rewards you heavily for playing objectives, and then once you achieve a particular rank you unlock an e-sports ranked mode.

After playing TF on the PC I figured out my perfect online FPS, the opposite of TF. I want a slow squad based military shooter based on real gun and real scenarios. Bullets maim or kill, no regen or health packs. Pistols don't auto aim and don't get head shots from 200m. If you spray and pray, you waste ammo and give your location away. I basically want another Ghost Recon.

Back