Intel Broadwell (Gen8)

In OSX Apple actually uses a mix of iGPU and dGPU depending on the workload (ex. a lot of OpenCL stuff runs on the Iris Pro). The two are in the same ballpark of performance so the setup is still a bit weird but I suppose it's only the one MBP config in any case.
I did not know that... Maybe it's openCL exposing both devices. /me goes read up on the mux driver...

I did not know that... Maybe it's openCL exposing both devices. /me goes read up on the mux driver...
Yeah I'm not an expert on the OSX side of things, but as far as I recall there's even some user-facing controls over which applications run on which GPUs, although the "main" ones (Adobe stuff, etc.) will all have the relevant settings built-in.

You can actually use both (multiple) GPUs in OS X, although it requires that the application is written to take advantage of it. Otherwise one GPU will be used to output to monitor and the other will do all the processing for the application.

Just a quick note, I've hardly read two paragraphs and your liking for the word "whilst" already shines through, just a friendly observation ;)

Just a quick note, I've hardly read two paragraphs and your liking for the word "whilst" already shines through, just a friendly observation ;)

Good point. :)

Gone through and whilst I believe it is a good word and a just word and whilst I think the original text was reasonable I have removed some whilst retaining the original intention of the sentences.

Whilst.

my suggestion: Your very first bar graph doesn't use zero as the basis point, making the difference between 4400 and 5500 look immense. All other graphs start at zero, which does a better job of showing the relative change.

I would urge you to change that first bar graph to start at zero, like the others.

my suggestion: Your very first bar graph doesn't use zero as the basis point, making the difference between 4400 and 5500 look immense. All other graphs start at zero, which does a better job of showing the relative change.

I would urge you to change that first bar graph to start at zero, like the others.

Oops, I'll fix that shortly.

Oops, I'll fix that shortly.

Just taken a look and it is zero scaled? Orange bar is the 3D Mark Cloud Gate test, blue bar is the Ice Storm test.

I guess I could have separated them out in to two separate graphs, but then with the embedded videos it was taking up a lot of space.

ooh, well it's possible I suck :( I reviewed your link from my phone, but maybe I just misinterpreted the orange vs blue. Sorry!

It seems that Intel DX12 drivers have been released publicly.
Driver 4098 for Win10 is out on Windows update and DxDiag states it's WDDM2.0.

This signifies what, again? :) DX11.x hardware-level? DX12?
In the case of Haswell, feature level 11.1.
If somebody has a GTX9xx, we would be able to check what level that supports. Though there is no guarantee that FL12 is enabled in Windows 10 itself.

Back