TitanFall [XO,X360]

Got this fro $10 on Amazon. I was bored after a few story missions. I don't understand the appeal of these games. I'm getting old I guess. Run around jumping off walls. If you are on foot the titan kills you near instantly. If you are in a titan, everyone kills you near instantly. The auto pistol is also super cheap.

The graphics are also very last gen even at 1080P 60fps and 4x MSAA. I know I'm not the demo this game is going for, they want the COD crowd.

the game is actually balanced but its the skill-level that are not matched (the matchmaking is horrible).

infantry can easily kill Titan or be killed by Titan and vise-versa. Frankly, while im on titan, infantry is the worse enemy that i always want to avoid.

i like it only for the gameplay.
the story is crap. the graphics is crap. the audio also crap. the loading time + super slow matchmaking is utterly crap.

The game has gotten substantially better with time. It is a metric ton of fun. You can't take it too seriously, but there are many great moments that can happen. However you need to get an idea for map flow and user behaviors and which weapon loadouts work best against them.
I have a few videos of my fun moments like... Ejecting from a doomed titan to fly through the air to narrow the gap on an enemy to throw down satchel charges ahead of them to remote detonate when they hit the spot to return your flag in a CTF match. Or punching an enemy titan off the map. Or ejecting from your doomed titan to land on enemy titan across the map to take it down in a LTS match for victory. So many funny/great moments.

The latest Harvester Defense mode is a real blast too.

If you don't become a graphics snob you can have a mft of fun playing.

Yah, the gameplay is top notch and I think they'll get the visuals figured out for Titanfall 2. And honestly, the visuals are not great, but they're not really bad either. The designs are really good. It just doesn't have the checklist features. Overall, it has a good style. Performance is not where it should be, but I think second effort will be better.

Sounds like one of these games that you have to learn, and isn't progressive for noobs. Many online games are like that, throwing you in the deep end, with sharks, and weights tied around your feet, daring you to learn it and finally, having paid the requisite blood, sweet and tears over weeks of frustration being everyone else's whipping boy, you get to have fun crushing noobs. ;)

Sounds like one of these games that you have to learn, and isn't progressive for noobs. Many online games are like that, throwing you in the deep end, with sharks, and weights tied around your feet, daring you to learn it and finally, having paid the requisite blood, sweet and tears over weeks of frustration being everyone else's whipping boy, you get to have fun crushing noobs. ;)

It's an awesome game, I lost interest when I played off peak hours and had to wait for to long to get a game going.

Actually I thought the game is very easy and noob friendly and perfectly suited for jumping in and playing some rounds in-between. But it suddenly took a lot of time to find games (PC)...and I have really no time to waste and eventually moved on.

I hope that TF2 features a SP. I really like the univers.

The game have lots of mechanism that noob friendly but it's not properly explained.

About the long wait, basically it stumped me. I bought the season pass when they give it half price but I keep unable to find matches. It seems people have moved on to other games.

It's simply become digital junk. Sitting unused in HDD.

You might need/want to switch your server region to a more populated region. That will greatly decrease your wait time for a game. The latest update now shows you how many people are playing each game mode in your region and how many world-wide.

The past few days I've been playing matches on the Japan West server when my normal server is US North East just to see how it was. The ping is 291ms instead of 29ms. Most of the time the match log wasn't that bad. I was still able to pull MVP in 80% of the attrition matches.

Also to note, they have RANKED match play in beta for Gen-10 pilots. It will hit the public mainstream at the end of November. So they seem to want to provide for both experiences (ranked and unranked) to give the PRO players what they really want.

TitanFall2 should be a real gem if they can beef up their graphics engine. The game mechanics are solid.

ah! awesome. i was screaming on respawn twitter since the game released for them to show player count. glad they finaly added it :D

gotta reset password on origin again (i forgot it again lol)

Deluxe edition that includes the season pass is on sale for $12.50 on the Xbox One digital store. BUY IT! I still think it's the best online shooter on next-gen, even if the graphics are quite a few steps behind what's being released now.

ah! awesome. i was screaming on respawn twitter since the game released for them to show player count. glad they finaly added it :D

gotta reset password on origin again (i forgot it again lol)

Just tried it again, the game mode with the most players had 570 players online in my region (Europe) just under 1000 world wide.. Awesome game that not many plays.

ha, this is a chance for MS to prove their words of "Crossplay" between PC x X1. Titanfall already the poster child for "MS Cloud". Make it also for crossplay.

little player on PC + X1 = lots of players.

ha, this is a chance for MS to prove their words of "Crossplay" between PC x X1. Titanfall already the poster child for "MS Cloud". Make it also for crossplay.

little player on PC + X1 = lots of players.

Yeah.. i should get the XB1 version and curse at the controls :)

CHfmP0TVAAANzEO.jpg

Looks like it's on EA Access. Just verified the Store myself.

Tommy McClain

So is EA Access a paid thing? I got a chance to check out Titanfall while on vacation at my bro-in-laws place. Not really my thing, but was interesting.

Back