MassEffect4: Dropping older consoles has had an impact on gameplay

So I will tune in and say that I loved every single ME game despite their individual faults!
To me BioWare's best franchise and the only RPG game I finished twice (ME1 on XBOX and PC)!

I also wanted to add that I really liked co-op multiplayer in ME3 as it was quite a good fun and required team work to finish Gold matches.

Bring on ME4 as I might need futuristic RPG to balance fantasy worlds of Witcher 3 :)

So I will tune in and say that I loved every single ME game despite their individual faults!

Same here, and I had no issue with the ending of ME3.

I would like a return to the more RPG-focussed style of ME1, but I took ME2 and 3 as their own games, adjusted my play style to match, and enjoyed them for what they were.

I would like ME4 to acknowledge the events of the first trilogy, but be set at least a generation or two after, with fresh characters and a new set of challenges to overcome.

As to what next-gen hardware can bring to the series, I guess more tangible representations of the decision making and branching story line would be my first thought.

Example: If we are building a fleet then let me interact with it rather than it being a simple 0-100% progress bar. Let me send individual ships on missions, form task forces, defend the fleet if whatever enemy discovers it amassing.

Greater physics interactions would work nicely with tech/biotic powers. Singularities should drag containers, etc. toward them, possibly harming enemies other than the ones caught directly in the epicentre. Fire should propagate, static charges should burn out lights, etc..

To me BioWare's best franchise and the only RPG game I finished twice (ME1 on XBOX and PC)!

I also wanted to add that I really liked co-op multiplayer in ME3 as it was quite a good fun and required team work to finish Gold matches.

Bring on ME4 as I might need futuristic RPG to balance fantasy worlds of Witcher 3 :)

I hear you with this too though. I LOVED the ME3 COOP multiplayer too, and I only stopped playing it once I'd gotten the universe readiness bar maxed out and realised how much I'd actually spent on the microtransactions :p I didn't even regret it too, since my female space ninja was a proper badass

I hear you with this too though. I LOVED the ME3 COOP multiplayer too, and I only stopped playing it once I'd gotten the universe readiness bar maxed out and realised how much I'd actually spent on the microtransactions :p I didn't even regret it too, since my female space ninja was a proper badass

Not too long ago (Jan 2015) I felt nostalgic and decided to look at ME3 menu screen (very climatic for me). After indulging myself listening to cosmic sounds I decided to see if anyone still plays multiplayer. Imagine my surprise when I clicked Find a match button and within seconds I was in a 4 people match. There are still people playing it, some where low level newbies but a lot of co-players were old dogs!

I have to admit, Legion was pretty interesting to see on both sides at the end of the Rannoch mission.

Ehh, he was already clearly an individual in ME2, just in denial ... saying "I" at the end would have had more punch if he had not been infected by Reaper code. Of course that's not allowed though, every major development in ME3 has to come from the diablo ex machina.

ME2 Legion was all about independent growth, ME3 Legion was sacrificed to push home the point of the need to surrender. We needed a refuse option to the Rannoch mission really to mirror the refuse ending, where we can talk Legion into realising the reaper code had corrupted him and that allowing the Geth to evolve through the Reaper design was not a price worth paying, damn the consequences.

Back